Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X History and memory  (Read 1282 times)

Offline EEBlackSheepTopic starter

• Contributor
Siglent SDS2000X History and memory
« on: January 21, 2019, 05:00:54 am »
I have a Siglent SDS2000X and have a couple of questions that I cannot get an answer from the manual.  Currently I am using it for ignition analysis so the timebase is quite slow (100us)

(1) I am using the history button to view previous triggered captures.  Sometimes it capture up to 100+ frames, sometimes just 30 frames.,  Sometimes just on frame - no longer how long I lave it running.  How do I set the memory depth of the frames?

(2) I need to capture a very long waveform (about 1 minutes worth) at a time resolution of  100us.  Similar to a data logger. Can the SDS 2000X do this - how do I "scroll" back through the data?

thanks!

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
Re: Siglent SDS2000X History and memory
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 05:28:51 am »
Sequence mode would get you close. If you know what your triggering on and only need short. You can get a lot of stuff at a small timebase. For any point across 1 minute will require juggling time resolution vs memory depth. At max memory depth and on a timebase of 5s/div you would capture more than a minute of data. But i dont think you would have many points left at 100us

Incase you dont know there is a timebase zoom. Press the timebase encoder and it will show a zoom window on screen

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 06:37:50 am »
I have a Siglent SDS2000X and have a couple of questions that I cannot get an answer from the manual.  Currently I am using it for ignition analysis so the timebase is quite slow (100us)

(1) I am using the history button to view previous triggered captures.  Sometimes it capture up to 100+ frames, sometimes just 30 frames.,  Sometimes just on frame - no longer how long I lave it running.  How do I set the memory depth of the frames?

(2) I need to capture a very long waveform (about 1 minutes worth) at a time resolution of  100us.  Similar to a data logger. Can the SDS 2000X do this - how do I "scroll" back through the data?

thanks!
Captured memory WRT the total memory available is a function of sampling rate, timebase setting and memory depth setting. You can set the memory depth in the Acquire menu.
For the SDS2kX you have 140 M of memory and I think some further buffer. (rf-loop will correct me on this)

Have a look at the settings used in this example using Sequence mode in the 14 M memory SDS1104X-E:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1204x-e-released-for-domestic-markets-in-china/msg2096347/#msg2096347

You also have Sequence mode so have a look at image 4 in the above link to see the process used to examine each saved segment.

I might also ask, why such a long record needed ?
Could you set a specific trigger setting to find what you are looking for ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline EEBlackSheepTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:27:17 pm »
Great info thanks guys.

The reason for a long record is really I am using it as a data logger for automotive ignition systems.  Searching for patterns of which I do not yet know the characteristics.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf