Author Topic: Siglent SPD3303X-E Hi-Resolution Output Unlock?  (Read 961 times)

Offline MotoDan

• Contributor
Siglent SPD3303X-E Hi-Resolution Output Unlock?
« on: December 08, 2018, 05:06:45 pm »
Hello all,

Just picked up a Siglent SPD3330X-E supply and thought it might be nice to increase it's voltage and current resolution from 10mV/10mA to the 1mV/1mA that is offered on the SPD3303X supply. Has anyone come up with a hack for this change?

BR's

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. NZ Siglent Distributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Siglent SPD3303X-E Hi-Resolution Output Unlock?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 05:21:50 pm »
It's in the SPD3303X-E thread (or was it the Siglent .ads thread...), you download a modified firmware update, connect it to your computer, and use the software to update the firmware, which enables the high resolution mode.  Very quick to do, over USB.  should be just a search away.

Offline MotoDan

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 07:23:56 pm »
Awesome, Thanks tautech & DaJMasta! I look forward to the upgrade.

BR's

Offline gorillamotors

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 11:44:20 pm »
Just got my 3303X-E in yesterday and modified it. Works good. My question is if there is a new firmware update will it overwrite the hack back to the X-E?

Online BillB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 12:38:47 am »
Just got my 3303X-E in yesterday and modified it. Works good. My question is if there is a new firmware update will it overwrite the hack back to the X-E?

Good question, I think it might as it is a product-id replacement.  However, these power supplies aren't like the scopes in that there have been very few firmware updates because there just aren't that many features.  Perhaps if they add/flesh-out SCPI commands or something then there might be another firmware update, but I'd actually be surprised to see another update for the current models.

Offline tv84

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 01:53:39 am »

That won't happen because, in FW terms, your equipment is a X version now. So, you'll only be able to install the X version FW, from now on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf