Author Topic: Siglent special offers on the SDS2000X series  (Read 25079 times)

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
Re: Siglent special offers on the SDS2000X series
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2016, 09:40:49 am »
Yes you had old version and at this time it was really bad.

I wouldn't consider December 2015 to be that old. And without evidence I find it very hard to believe that all the issues that have been in the scope for almost two years have been fixed by Siglent within the last four months.

But repeating and repeating your feel from history... it looks like some kind of fixation to this your sad case so that all where read Siglent is like red flag for bull.

I don't know, tell me, but I'm not the one having a financial stake in selling Siglent gear. How is it when a product almost two years after it came to market is still ridden with bugs? You don't think that is a 'red flag'?

And it's not that the SDS2000 was an exception, it was just particularly bad because it was Siglent's most complex product. But it wasn't the only Siglent product that was thrown to market with bugged firmware that take a long time to fix, and first impressions we read about the new SSA3000X spectrum analyzer suggest that this one also was rushed to market prematurely.

Both models, current version of  SDS2304 and SDS1202X-S is here on my table and every potential customer in Finland can come here and test himself as much as want before any deal.  This is also what I always recommend before buy.

Which is why I recommended that if he decides to buy one that he can return it easily.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2016, 10:47:12 am »

Which is why I recommended that if he decides to buy one that he can return it easily.

No need even return. Just come visit and test as much as want, even in some special cases possible to take this test unit to home and test more or come agen to continue testing. After then can make decision if want buy or not. It is so simple.

Also same in China, if you are buying chicken, look this chicken so carefully that you really know if you want buy. If you suspect any bad, just do not buy. This works on the street in China and this works also in Finland.
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2016, 11:09:16 am »
Still it is 2 former SDS2000 owners saying the SDS2000(X) is not worth the money versus 2 Siglent sellers who want to make money. Who's advice would you take?

So far nobody has shown whether the decoding has been improved, CAN triggering works properly and that all the other problems and limitations have been fixed. For the last scope I bought I put together a lengthy test plan to make sure it works to my satisfaction:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/gw-instek-gds2204e-%28200mhz-4-channel-dso%29-review/
This testing took me several hours and I have not even tested everything (like the search function). You can't go to a shop, turn a few knobs and determine whether an oscilloscope suits your needs or not. You need to use it for a couple of hours and test the sh*t out of every function.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:11:27 am by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2016, 01:19:00 pm »
2 Siglent sellers who want to make money. Who's advice would you take?

What money? Do you think whole world is money and only motivation is money. Least for me it takes more than give if I count money. So there need be some other reason. Can you ever think that whole world and all is not as you think or perhaps better say "believe". It do not matter anything if I sell one or not exept that I like Siglent company, also I like my customers. Also I like if I can give any help for do these equipments better, if I can give even small  crumb  to do these better I'm happy and it is enough for me. If this is germany or britan  company I do not even think to do anything with them. But, this is pure original chinese good class company what also think other values than just money alone. I have been contact with many kind of chinese companies. But, many of them are total shit. Then there is some of these beautiful rough diamonds. 

You can't go to a shop, turn a few knobs and determine whether an oscilloscope suits your needs or not. You need to use it for a couple of hours and test the sh*t out of every function.

If there can not, here can. And here is not "shop". Here can sit with equipments and do testings how ever need.

I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2016, 01:39:29 pm »
If Siglent is such a good company then why didn't they take my SDS2204 back and refund my money?

Anyway that is besides the point. You can't just emphasize on a pretty picture on a screen and try to ignore what is not working or implemented half (checkbox features) because that is twisting the reality.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:40:22 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2016, 03:26:13 pm »
If Siglent is such a good company then why didn't they take my SDS2204 back and refund my money?

How you can connect my words and your case with this phrase  "...such good company".  I have not said anything to do with your individual case with a Dutch seller. This you need ask from man in the middle there in Holland between you and Siglent.
You can buy example from Batronix and you have free 30day return.

http://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Siglent-SDS2204X.html

Quote from: Batronix web side
30 Day Trial Period
We offer you a trial period of 30 days for most devices. If you are not 100% satisfied with the product, you can simply send it back within 30 days of delivery and we will refund the purchase price.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2016, 03:49:10 pm »
But that doesn't help if you are at some fed up with waiting for Siglent for a promised firmware update which never comes. Worse, I had to buy a different oscilloscope to get my work done! Siglent could have stepped in to overrule the seller or make things right with me directly but they didn't.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:02:58 pm by nctnico »

Offline pxl

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2016, 06:05:56 pm »
And lastly, the FFT-mode, is it useable or not. I mainly need frequency range 0 - 500 kHz for audio equipment.

Yes, it works and can use but...
 it is far away what true audio work need. For this purpose - not for serious use.
First thing where is drops out is frequency resolution what is really rough due to small amount of sample points used. Other thing is speed. It is slow. Third is dynamic range. This FFT can use to some very limited purposes only or just example in basic schools,  kids can take lesson number one about what is FFT with it and play rest of lesson time in classroom before this lesson one hour ends. FFT is these scopes weakest point.

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:11:44 pm by pxl »

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2016, 06:58:21 pm »
Still it is 2 former SDS2000 owners saying the SDS2000(X) is not worth the money versus 2 Siglent sellers who want to make money. Who's advice would you take?

Actually, I think there was another one in this forum, a long time ago, who sent his scope back because of the firmware bugs.

You can't go to a shop, turn a few knobs and determine whether an oscilloscope suits your needs or not. You need to use it for a couple of hours and test the sh*t out of every function.

This, exactly!

Offline papousek

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2016, 03:34:59 am »

Other deal breaker for me is the lack of a proper, pre decimation peak detection mode, if I listened carefully Performa's review set.

This must be some kind of misunderstanding of the wrong interpretation.
Least in SDS2000 (2304) I can not see any problem in peak detect. (and I believe SDS2000X is least same or better.)

Conclusion:

Peak detect works absolutely perfect in roll mode and generally for time bases >20ms/div.

Below that, it seems there would still be room for improvement. As it is now, the peak values are acquired from simply decimated data according to the current sample speed, instead of replacing the decimation by a peak detect mechanism.

As it is now, if we had a perfect 1ns wide pulse we would be able to trigger on it but still might not see anything on the screen.

Big question: Since it is possible to do it in an optimal way for timebases >20ms, why on earth has it to be different for faster timebases?

Here is attached small table where can see problematic settings combination with PeakDetect mode.
NOTE: This is NOT SDS2000X, this is tested using SDS2000!
I have tested it now with every settings what can see in table.

Also with these problematic settings trigger itself work rock solid. But some times detected pulse is very attenuated on the display. If all is ok, trigged 1ns or more wide pulse must be least trigger level height.

(ADD: Note for  table:  Peak detect works  also with these orange colored settings but do not meet specifications >1ns minimum. In these areas it also trigger rock solid down to 1ns glitches.  Problem is peak draw. In table orange areas it looks like that reliable display need >2 - >5ns glitch width, depending decimated samplerates)

Also just two random images from tests...

Hi, Rf-Loop, did you received the SDS2000X new firmware? how do you value it?
Received a notice to update the firmware just now, but i prefer to hear your comments.
Tks.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2016, 10:05:21 am »
Hi, Rf-Loop, did you received the SDS2000X new firmware? how do you value it?
Received a notice to update the firmware just now, but i prefer to hear your comments.
Tks.

Sorry, I do not have SDS2000X. I have SDS2000 (2304) for my tests.
There is now update for SDS2000X and 1000X but update is not yet  released for SDS2000

Offline Smoking

• Contributor
    • ATTEN.EU
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2016, 07:12:48 pm »
Dear Mr. ntcnico,

Please tell every one the real story why Siglent.eu did not make a 100% refund.
Because mr. ntcnico purchased a new unit on 18-8-2014 send a email on the 26-8-2014 he had a problem with installing a license that was fixed the same day. Then.... after almost 5 months !!!( 2-1-2015 ) mr. ntcnioce sends a email that he has some problems. He never contacted any one from Siglent.eu or Siglent in this 5 months time! What you did instead is writing on the eevblog about how bad you think the unit is.

Mr ntcnico thinks the best way to solve his problem is not to contact the supplier or the manufacturer no the best way is first to write for months on the internet how frustrated he is and then after 5 months he contacts the supplier and demands a solution in 2 weeks or a complete refund.

If you are not happy with your unit that is fine... your opinion!
But do not tell lies about bad service or help if you never contact anyone of siglent.eu or siglent directly in that 5 months

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2016, 07:19:09 pm »
Better post under your real name than some alias!
I knew new firmware would be released soon (hoping this new firmware would make the SDS2204 oscilloscope fully functional as specified) but when the new firmware arrived after waiting for several months AND it turned out the new firmware just put more limitations on the functionality rather than fixing problems AND didn't provide previously missing functionality I complained -ofcourse-. I have contacted Siglent.eu several times giving them all the opportunities to make things right. In one of their e-mails they basically told me to sod off because they or Siglent didn't like the review I wrote on EEVblog.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:34:18 pm by nctnico »

Offline Smoking

• Contributor
    • ATTEN.EU
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2016, 07:47:34 pm »
Mr. ntcnico,

You lie again!
You never ever contacted siglent.eu in those 5 months not once!!

And yes I am from j. Rijnders from siglent.eu and I take great pride in giving good support. ( and yes I also make mistakes I am human )
But telling lies about siglent.eu then you make it personal. If you have a complaint just tell me.
If you told us directly ( and not after 5 months complaining on the internet without us knowing about any problem ) we made a full refund directly but you never ever contacted us in those 5 months.

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2016, 07:48:25 pm »
Dear Mr. ntcnico,

Please tell every one the real story why Siglent.eu did not make a 100% refund.
Because mr. ntcnico purchased a new unit on 18-8-2014 send a email on the 26-8-2014 he had a problem with installing a license that was fixed the same day. Then.... after almost 5 months !!!( 2-1-2015 ) mr. ntcnioce sends a email that he has some problems. He never contacted any one from Siglent.eu or Siglent in this 5 months time! What you did instead is writing on the eevblog about how bad you think the unit is.

Mr ntcnico thinks the best way to solve his problem is not to contact the supplier or the manufacturer no the best way is first to write for months on the internet how frustrated he is and then after 5 months he contacts the supplier and demands a solution in 2 weeks or a complete refund.

If you are not happy with your unit that is fine... your opinion!
But do not tell lies about bad service or help if you never contact anyone of siglent.eu or siglent directly in that 5 months

And you are? Right, obviously someone from siglent.eu I guess (as even Siglent staff has the courtesy to clearly state their affiliation).

I don't know you, I don't know your business, and of course I don't know what really happened, but let me just say this: if there ever was any slightest doubt that nctnico's statements regarding siglent.eu were untrue or incorrect, even the slightest, your post certainly made sure that all doubts went away.

Coming here, hiding your obvious affiliation with a large Siglent reseller, and then aggressively engaging a customer in public tells me more about siglent.eu than anything nctnico or someone else could say. Of course any business has the right to address complaints made in public, but this should be done in a professional, formal, open and courteous manner. You made it absolutely pretty clear that 'professional' and 'courteous' and not part of Siglent.EUs business practises, and considering how you do wash your dirty laundry in public, I'm horrified just by thinking how you must be handling customer complaints in less public setting.

I guess the lesson here is if you want to buy Siglent kit then better avoid siglent.eu and take your business somewhere else.

But hey, well done to tarnish siglent.eu's reputation more than any customer review or criticism could have done! That's is truly achievement!  :palm:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:04:09 am by Wuerstchenhund »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2016, 08:02:47 pm »
Mr. ntcnico,

You lie again!

And yes I am from j. Rijnders from siglent.eu and I take great pride in giving good support. ( and yes I also make mistakes I am human )
But telling lies about siglent.eu then you make it personal. If you have a complaint just tell me.
If you told us directly ( and not after 5 months complaining on the internet without us knowing about any problem ) we made a full refund directly but you never ever contacted us in those 5 months.
Well you clearly read the review and connected it to the right person. Should I have send it to you for proof reading first? Maybe you should have contacted me after reading the review to ask if I needed any further assistance? That would have been good service!

As I wrote before I have waited for several months so Siglent could get their firmware together so yes it took a while for me to contact you but that doesn't mean I was happy or satisfied with the Siglent product you sold me.

Anyway, when I get home I'll dig up the e-mails I send to you and the ones I have received from you and post them here so everybody can decide for themselves and be sure about the time line because I have also been in contact with Siglent about the problems (thanks to Tautech and Siglent America).

Offline Smoking

• Contributor
    • ATTEN.EU
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2016, 08:39:10 pm »
Hi ntcnico,

got all the emails and date's here :

9-8-2014 17:57
11-8-2014 11:48
12-8-2014 14:17
16-8-2014 23:37
18-8-2014 12:51
18-8-2014 14:54
18-8-2014 15:41
25-8-2014 17:56
26-8-2014 18:49
26-8-2014 16:15 in this email you tell that you installed the license key correctly ( nothing about any big problems )
2-1-2015 14:53 this is the first email you tell me about the problems!!
2-1-2015 17:29
21-1-2015 17:04
21-1-2015 18:09

Why do you keep telling you have contacted me by email between 26-8-2014 and 2-1-2015?
I do not understand why you keep telling that we did not give any support.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2016, 09:03:07 pm »
Right, obviously someone from Siglent.eu I guess (as even Siglent staff has the courtesy to clearly state their affiliation).
And whom might you be referring to?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2016, 04:56:01 am »
Right, obviously someone from Siglent.eu I guess (as even Siglent staff has the courtesy to clearly state their affiliation).
And whom might you be referring to?

The official Siglent account here on the forum. Of course that's not to say there aren't any sock puppets but it doesn't look to be the case.

And as to sellers there's you and rf-loop, and you both clearly show your affiliation as Siglent resellers. How it should be.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:06:23 am by Wuerstchenhund »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2016, 11:31:49 am »
Mr. ntcnico,

You lie again!

As promised I dug up the e-mails. As it turns out I complained about the functionality immediately after receiving the oscilloscope.

E-mail from me send on 25 Aug 2014
J.,
Ik heb de SDS2204 ontvangen en er even mee zitten spelen. Ik heb gemerkt dat er toch best nog wel een paar bugs in zitten en dat in tegenstelling tot wat ik eerder heb gelezen het decoderen van protocollen niet werkt op de digitale kanalen. Ook de peak-detect mode doet niet wat ik ervan verwacht. Ik moet nog even nadenken of dat iets is waar ik mee kan leven of niet.

Verder lijkt het erop dat de 'keys' voor de MSO en decodeeropties niet geinstalleerd zijn. De status ervan staat nog op trial. Het serienummer en ID zijn:
Serial: xxxxxxxxxxxx
ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx

In this e-mail which I wrote right after receiving the SDS2204 I state that I found that decoding didn't work on digital channels and peak-detect isn't working correctly and that I'm thinking about whether I can live with these short comings or not. Furthermore a license appeared to be missing. The problem with the license got sorted after a few e-mails.

E-mail from me send on  2 Jan 2015 14:53
J.,
Ik heb in augustus 2014 een Siglent SDS2204 bij jullie gekocht. Destijds was de firmware duidelijk nog niet af (bugs en functies die in de documentatie staan maar niet of gedeeltelijk zijn geimplementeerd) en zaten er behoorlijk wat bugs in de software van de oscilloscoop. Ik heb afgewacht tot Siglent een nieuwe firmware versie zou uitbrengen die de bugs en ontbrekende functionaliteiten zou oplossen. Inmiddels heeft Siglent een aantal dagen geleden versie 1.1.37.2 uitgebracht maar die firmware is nog steeds niet op een niveau dat voor mij acceptabel is. Ik heb een opsomming gemaakt van de punten waar ik tegenaan ben gelopen:

- High resolution mode afwezig
- Averaging signaal weg in 'stop stand'; niet bruikbaar want hoe moet je dan met de cursors een meting doen?
- Protocol decoding decodeert alleen wat er op het scherm staat. Inzoomen op berichten in een stroom van berichten werkt daardoor niet en tevens is de zoomfunctie niet beschikbaar tijdens het decoderen. Dit maakt de protocol decoding praktisch niet bruikbaar.
- Protocol decoding werkt niet op de digitale kanalen; Siglent heeft mij toegezegd dat dit wel kan en het is 1 van de primaire redenen geweest voor de aanschaf van de SDS2204.
- FFT is niet bruikbaar zonder post-processing zoals averaging
- De cursors werken onhandig (wisselen sinds versie 1.1.37.2 tussen 1,2, beide verticaal en dan 1,2, beide horizontaal)
- Geen measurements tijdens decoding
- Bij het bekijken van digitale signalen is er geen zoom functie
- Peak-detect werkt niet in roll-mode
- Remote besturen / SCPI werkt niet over LAN (de netwerk aansluiting is dus onbruikbaar)
- De kleuren v/d kanalen worden soms allemaal geel. Wisselen tussen verschillende modi lost dat na een tijdje op.
- In het algemeen zijn functies beperkt samen te gebruiken (bijvoorbeeld zoom & digitaal, zoom & protocol decoding, measurements & digitaal, measurements & decoding)

Er zit zo'n 5 maanden tussen versie 1.1.35.1 en 1.1.37.2 maar de verschillen zijn minimaal. De bug in de zoomfunctie in combinatie met de digitale signalen (versie 1.1.35.1) is bijvoorbeeld opgelost door de zoomfunctie voor digitale signalen maar helemaal uit te schakelen. Dat is natuurlijk geen oplossing!

Ik ben momenteel offertes aan het opvragen voor een andere oscilloscoop want ik neig er sterk naar de SDS2204 terug te sturen. Er ontbreekt gewoon teveel aan en ik zie niet dat Siglent op korte termijn een firmware versie uit gaat brengen die alle tekortkomingen oplost.

I send this e-mail to Mr Rijnders a few days after Siglent released a new firmware version for the SDS2204. Because this new firmware release did not make the oscilloscope functional I send a detailed list with problems and stated that the functionality level of the SDS2204 was not acceptable to me and I was thinking about sending it back.

E-mail received from Mr. Rijnders on  2 Jan 2015 14:53
Hoi N.,

we vinden het vervelend om te horen dat u zo veel problemen heeft.
U bent trouwens wel de enige tot nu toe dit meld we krijgen eigenlijk heel veel goede reacties.
Ik zal met Siglent even overleggen wat we voor u kunnen betekenen.

We zullen uw bevindingen voor leggen aan engineering en komen hier op terug.

PS. Wij vinden het wel zo netjes dat klanten eerst ons op de hoogte stellen van eventuele problemen zo dat wij de kans hebben om problemen op te lossen.
Het EEVBLOG vol zetten met :
All in all I think I can stick with my earlier conclusion: DON'T BUY! My new year's resolution is to get an Agilent/Keysight oscilloscope in 2015!

Dit helpt niet met onze coulance!

In this e-mail Mr. Rijnders says he will forward my complaints to Siglent and get back to me. But he also makes it very clear he is not happy with the review I wrote about the SDS2204 and that that review may affect their effort to help me.

E-mail from me send on 2 Jan 2015 17:29
J.,
Bedankt voor je snelle reactie.
Als je op EEVblog kijkt/leest dan zie je dat er een aantal mensen zijn die een SDS2000 hebben geprobeerd en teleurgested hebben teruggestuurd omdat het apparaat er op papier ontzettend goed uitziet. Ik vind van mezelf dat ik een gebalanceerde review heb geschreven; echter ik kan een SDS2000 oscilloscoop niet met droge ogen aan iemand aanbevelen. Dat Dave Jones (de eigenaar van EEVblog) -voor zover ik weet- zelf nog geen SDS2000 heeft gekregen ter beoordeling geeft ook al enigzins te denken.

Natuurlijk speelt ook een stukje emotie mee; dat er na 5 maanden tijd zo weinig vooruitgang is geboekt heeft mij enorm teleurgesteld. Zoals je op EEVblog hebt kunnen lezen was ik na aanschaf al niet zo positief en speelde ik toen al met de gedachte om de oscilloscoop terug te sturen. Ik heb toen besloten om eerst een nieuwe firmware versie af te wachten. Ik weet dat Siglent zelf en diverse andere Siglent distributeurs meelezen. De problemen zijn dus bekend bij Siglent en ik denk dat er vanuit de distributeurs flink wat druk op Siglent wordt uitgeoefend om de problemen op te lossen. Siglent heeft in de tussentijd echter diverse andere meetinstrumenten op de markt gebracht en ook alweer een nieuwe oscilloscoop laten zien op een beurs in Munchen. Het heeft er alle schijn van dat de SDS2000 niet de hoogste prioriteit heeft.

Ik ben nog steeds van mening dat wanneer Siglent de pijnpunten oplost de SDS2000 een echte game-changer in oscilloscoop land kan zijn. Waarom ze e.e.a. niet voortvarender aanpakken is mij een compleet raadsel. Wellicht willen ze niet in het vaarwater van de SDS3000 c.q. Lecroy's Wavesurfer 3000 gaan zitten of is het toch te hoog gegrepen voor hun software ontwikkelaars.

Anyway; Ik heb bewust even de tijd genomen om mijn emoties te laten bedaren, e.e.a. goed op een rij te zetten en informatie te verzamelen om een weloverwogen besluit te nemen. Het uitgangspunt daarbij is dat de SDS2000 zoals die nu is niet voorziet in de (beloofde) functionaliteit die ik nodig heb. Dat kan ik niet zo laten want daar loop ik op een gegeven moment tegenaan.

Ik sta open voor alternatieve oplossingen en laat me graag verassen maar mijn vertrouwen in Siglent (voor alle duidelijkheid: de frabrikant) is momenteel erg verdeeld.

In this e-mail I explain why I waited for the new firmware to give Siglent a chance to get the firmware in order but that my time to wait had run out. I needed the oscilloscope to work as promised. In my last sentence I wrote I'm open to any solution.

E-mail from me send on 21 Jan 2015 17:05
J.,
Ik ben even benieuwd of je nog iets verder bent gekomen met Siglent.

After not hearing anything from Mr. Rijnders for almost three weeks I decided to ask him how things where progressing.

E-mail from Mr. Rijnders send on 21 Jan 2015 17:29
Beste N.,

Ik heb je lijst doorgeven aan Siglent. Ik wacht hun reactie en commentaar af.
Maar ik moet je zeggen dat ze niet blij zijn met je manier van communiceren.
Een credit gaat hem niet worden.

Ik snap ook niet waarom je niet eerder en direct naar ons bent gekomen maar een forum uitkiest  ( waar wij adverteren ) waar je mensen adviseert om niet de SDS2000 te kopen.
Wij krijgen eigenlijk alleen maar goede reacties. We moeten ook geen appels met peren gaan vergelijken en elke scoop / merk heeft wel zijn voor en nadelen.

Kun je even aangeven welke versie firmware je nu draait. Dit is mij niet helemaal duidelijk.

In this e-mail Mr Rijnders writes that he forwarded my list with problems to Siglent and is waiting for their comments. He also states Siglent isn't happy with my review and therefore has decided not to take the SDS2204 back. Furthermore he states he only gets positive reactions on the SDS2204 and that every piece of test equipment has it's issues. Finally Mr. Rijnders wants to know which firmware version I'm using.

E-mail from me send on 21 Jan 2015 18:09
J.,
Ik heb versie 1.1.37.2 in de oscilloscoop.

Dat Siglent niet blij is hebben ze naar mijn mening grotendeels aan hunzelf te danken. Zij brengen immers een product uit dat nog niet af is. Dan moeten ze niet gaan klagen dat mensen op een forum gaan posten dat er nog dingen ontbreken. Daar is niets van gelogen en ik ben niet de enige! Het feit is en blijft dat het apparaat niet doet wat is belooft en wat mij betreft moet het zonder morren worden teruggenomen.

In this e-mail I wrote that Siglent has to thank themselves for my negative review because the oscilloscope's firmware simply isn't finished. Either way the fact is that I got a product which doesn't meet it's specifications and it should be taken back without hesitation.

After this e-mail I never heard or read anything from Mr Rijnders again (at least not until the forum posting above where he addressed me directly) and it was clear to me he didn't want to make things right. At that time I decided not to push any further because the time, effort & money I (likely) had to put into getting my money back would exceed the amount of money lost (lawyer expenses add up quickly).

Offline papousek

• Contributor
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2016, 09:42:14 am »
i bought a 2104X today, it seems pretty so far,,
does any one have any experience to hack Siglemt product? my SDG1025's latest new FM also indicate a option for higher frequency. i would appreciate if anyone give me some ideas  :-+ :-+

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2016, 09:35:46 pm »
i bought a 2104X today, it seems pretty so far,,
does any one have any experience to hack Siglemt product? my SDG1025's latest new FM also indicate a option for higher frequency. i would appreciate if anyone give me some ideas  :-+ :-+
Siglent have been adding BW upgrade capability in FW to many of their devices but to date they've not offered purchasable upgrades. However by doing this it does indicate BW can be upgraded by FW and AFAIK only the SDG2000X range AWG has been hacked, you can read about it in the SDG2042X thread, ~p6 IIRC.

We look forward to your feedback on your new 2104X.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2016, 12:13:06 am »
Siglent.eu is not the official Siglent.

That might explain why there is no good will.

Maybe better to go for a bigger distributor that actually cares about its customers.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2016, 12:25:00 am »
Siglent.eu is not the official Siglent.
Correct but AFAIK they had a EU presence before Siglent opened their Hamburg branch and they are an authorised Siglent dealer trading as JR Special Electronics.
http://www.siglenteu.com/howtobuy.aspx

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Smoking

• Contributor
    • ATTEN.EU
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2016, 06:43:32 am »
Hi Mr. ntcnico,

You just proved you lied about contacting us in those 5 months.
In the email you on the 25th you talk about that you found a "bug" and no word about major problems... until 5 months later  :palm:

Also your last email in 2014 is this and you do not write about any problem at all. 26-08-2014 : 16:49

Bedankt! Ik zie het probleem nu. Ik moet eerst kiezen wat voor licentie het is. Ik had verwacht dat dat ook in de key gecodeerd zou zijn; meestal is dat namelijk wel het geval.

Thanks! I see the problem now. I must first choose what license it is. I expected that would be also encoded in the key; usually that is precisely the case.

So what is your point of bad service?
Your just frustrated you made the wrong decision in the past in how you should deal with the problem.
If you did the normal way ( communicating to me directly ) we had helped you without a doubt.

To conclude and I will not reply after this because there will always be a customer that will be unsatisfied no mater what we do.
In your writing on this blog I can see you know a lot about electronics and show you have a high intelligence but you do have a problem with communicating and you let your frustrations take the overhand. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:40:14 am by Smoking »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf