Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 523022 times)

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2013, 04:20:48 am »
Can you try sending that seller a question as ebay won't let me, I think he may have blocked me? I only asked a few days ago whether his prices were incorrect as he had them for over £1200? As I was trying to buy one. Also Canton is China so customs tax...?

I'm looking at the SDS1102CML, where is the best place to buy one in the UK, they are either grossly overpriced their RRP or from China and am concerned about import taxes and warranty.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Siglent-SDS1102CML-Digital-Oscilloscope-100MHz-1GSa-s-Real-Time-Sample-Rate-/271222811453?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3f2623ab3d

I've bought from them before. They can usually give you a small discount if you ask.
I contacted him for you
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2013, 10:54:56 am »
Appreciate, I sent him a message a while back to help him as he had £1000 in all his prices, but I think he took it the wrong way and blocked me :(

Did you pay customs tax?

Can you try sending that seller a question as ebay won't let me, I think he may have blocked me? I only asked a few days ago whether his prices were incorrect as he had them for over £1200? As I was trying to buy one. Also Canton is China so customs tax...?

I'm looking at the SDS1102CML, where is the best place to buy one in the UK, they are either grossly overpriced their RRP or from China and am concerned about import taxes and warranty.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Siglent-SDS1102CML-Digital-Oscilloscope-100MHz-1GSa-s-Real-Time-Sample-Rate-/271222811453?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3f2623ab3d

I've bought from them before. They can usually give you a small discount if you ask.
I contacted him for you

Offline rjeng

« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2013, 05:09:06 am »
Sorry, but my Owan SDS7102E  is Just the opposite.

The point I have tried to make is by using a 10x probe and scope settings there is a lesser chance of an unusual off-screen waveform and your scope is more protected from unknown (high) voltages especially the many with only 300V pp inputs.

As many will know this was to be avoided at great length with analogue CRT scopes to prevent damage to the vertical plate deflection amplifiers.

rjeng indicated that at correct settings the waveform was displayed correctly.
Turn the knob to 500mV/div, the square wave went back to normal

I wonder if rjeng had just seen something he didn't understand and was seeking an explanation. The fact he has not replied might suggest we gave him it.  :)

I would've think my scope is normal if it displays the waveform like Ferrari's, but I don't.  In fact, rather than clipped waveform, I see a gradual ramp-up at 1x which is puzzling.  Switching to 10x, I see similar to Ferrari's (due to uncompensated scope probe).

For now, I will use 10x unless Siglent is providing a solution, but I take it that this is typical of low cost scope?  :-\ 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:45:31 am by rjeng »

Offline Farrari

• Contributor
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2013, 07:56:45 am »
Sorry, finally I compensated scope probe, and I find the same problem. I guess it is a matter of  hardware.

Offline vehf277

• Contributor
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2014, 12:06:37 am »

Hello fellow EEVbloggers,

I am a technical support engineer from Siglent, and so glad to offer effective technical support, trouble-shooting and problem solving for all Siglent products.

Also, we will appreciate if you could share your experiences and some improvement suggestions with us.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.
Hi!
Is there a hardware difference between Siglent SDG1025 and Siglent SDG1050?
Thank you in advance:)
Excuse me for my English:)

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2014, 12:38:45 am »
I don't think so, however, no one has been able to hack the Siglent products yet.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

Offline SiglentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2014, 12:47:53 am »

I am a technical support engineer from Siglent, and so glad to offer effective technical support, trouble-shooting and problem solving for all Siglent products.

Also, we will appreciate if you could share your experiences and some improvement suggestions with us.

Hi!
Hello, SIGLENT SDG1025 and SDG1050 have the same hardware.
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

Offline mainman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2014, 08:00:25 am »
I just purchased a siglent SHS810 and I am regretting it worse than that hantek DSO purchase I made earlier. The multimeter section of the siglent is totally screwed up out the box. The scope portion is working but the meter section is locked up. In meter mode the value of 1.0 is locked on the screen, no i do not have the unit in stop mode. The unit is stuck in manual configuration on the measurements and continuity checker is constantly latched. I can not take a single measurement because the whole multimeter is locked. I upgraded the firmware and it has the same issue. When I can manage to scroll to DC current measurement the number 1 keeps randomly flashing.

My Faulty Siglent SHS810

Russian Guy Faulty ShS806

Update

After a back and forth with a stumped Siglent technical support who encouraged me to disassemble the unit for the record and reseat the multimeter module which did not solve the fault,  the real solution for my problem came from a third party on how to fix the scope.  The problem I was having with the Shs810 was not isolated to my scope or even the model.  Another user from Russia with a Shs806 discovered that the crystal clocking the multimeter module on his scope had a cold solder joint. Examined my shs810 and discovered the same thing. I retouched the joints and the shs810 has not acted up since.

During my closing emails from SIGLENT China the best they would do for me is replace my shs810 100mhz scope with a shs806 60mhz scope because they had no available shs810, now does that make any sense. The Siglent tec tried to convince me that going from a 100mhz band to a 60mhz band after I freckin paid for the 100mhz band is not a down grade and no I was not offered back the difference in price.

Bottom line is Siglent as a company did not solve the problem, a problem that was a result of their manufacturing. As a result of horrible customer service I will never buy from Siglent again. If you buy Siglent make sure you can return it to the seller if it goes bad on you and pray that if it does go bad it does so in the return window because beyond that you are at the mercy of Siglent warranty and their mentality with me with a product I bought defective out the box was "you got a bad brand new unit fix it your damn self" which is what happened

Also be warned of the re branded version of this product line being made for BK Precision.  Models 2511, 2512, 2515 and 2516. Your only hope here is if things go bad within the warranty period since it is a BK branded product than BK will actually honor the warranty.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:59:28 am by mainman »

Offline vehf277

• Contributor
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2014, 11:36:09 pm »

Hi!
Hi!
Thank you very much for your rapid response!:)
One more question. Can I have just 30 MHz in particular sine wave output  from Siglent SDG1025?

Offline Farrari

• Contributor
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2014, 12:36:32 am »

Hi!
Hi!
Thank you very much for your rapid response!:)
One more question. Can I have just 30 MHz in particular sine wave output  from Siglent SDG1025?
If you just use sine output,you can't  get a 30 MHz sine,but you can use the arbitrary function to output 30MHz sine.
The highest frequency of arbitrary wave is 5MHz, use Easywave software to draw a 6 cycles sine wave,it can output a 30MHz sine.
But all the parameters of this one is not very good.Maybe this will help you.    ;D

Offline vehf277

• Contributor
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »
Thank you!

Offline vehf277

• Contributor
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:54 pm »

Hi!
Is there the official way to upgrade Siglent SDG1025 to get 50MHz sine signal?

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2014, 01:02:58 am »

Hi!
No.

Offline vehf277

• Contributor
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2014, 06:08:17 pm »

Hi!
No.
I asked Siglent.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2014, 12:39:18 am »
And I was helping you by telling you that there is no software upgrade to change it to 50MHz. It hasn't even been hacked.

Offline wilheldp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2014, 01:00:44 am »
Even if there was such a hack, what does Siglent have to gain by letting you in on that fact?

Unless you were asking if there was a software option to purchase and upgrade the unit...in which case it would probably be listed on Siglent's website or their authorized resellers.

Offline tzok

• Contributor
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »
I've recently bought an SDS1022DL DSO and I think I've found some bugs in it's firmware:
- trigger level doesn't match the displayed marker/line/value (and it's offset from real level depends on a trace position) - I've found the same complaint about LeCroy WaveAce 1001,
- in the time zoom mode at a maximal zoom or near to it scrolling of the time window doesn't work or works unpredictably (sometimes when I zoom out and in it starts to work but i.e. only in one direction),
- inverting (even a grounded) channel in XY mode causes its offset for about -500mV, YT mode is not affected.
I hope you can fix this issues in the next firmware release.

I've prepared a video-demonstration of described issues:
http://youtu.be/-C92Yr_gFI4

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:42:38 pm by tzok »

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2014, 07:28:27 am »
I've recently bought an SDS1022DL DSO and I think I've found some bugs in it's firmware:
- trigger level doesn't match the displayed marker/line/value (and it's offset from real level depends on a trace position) - I've found the same complaint about LeCroy WaveAce 1001,
- in the time zoom mode at a maximal zoom or near to it scrolling of the time window doesn't work or works unpredictably (sometimes when I zoom out and in it starts to work but i.e. only in one direction),
- inverting (even a grounded) channel in XY mode causes its offset for about -500mV, YT mode is not affected.

I don't think it is a bug about the XY mode, from your video you haven't input anything to the two channels, and when you invert the wave, the phase will change 180 degrees, so you will get an offset. :-[

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2014, 07:29:42 am »

I don't think it is a bug about the XY mode, from your video you haven't input anything to the two channels, and when you invert the wave, the phase will change 180 degrees, so you will get an offset. :-[

Offline tzok

• Contributor
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2014, 04:04:06 pm »
When there is no signal the dot should in the center of the screen, you can not invert 0, as 0 = -0.
How would you explain that if a channel is internally connected to GND (Coupling: GND) the single dot is exactly a half way between center and inverted "no signal" position. For me it is something screwed up in the firmware and in the XY mode the calibration value is subtracted from the raw ADC value after its inversion, effectively being added to it. While when a channel is coupled to GND the voltage offset calibration value seems to be completely ignored (but only in the XY mode).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:06:06 pm by tzok »

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2014, 06:21:49 am »
When there is no signal the dot should in the center of the screen, you can not invert 0, as 0 = -0.
How would you explain that if a channel is internally connected to GND (Coupling: GND) the single dot is exactly a half way between center and inverted "no signal" position. For me it is something screwed up in the firmware and in the XY mode the calibration value is subtracted from the raw ADC value after its inversion, effectively being added to it. While when a channel is coupled to GND the voltage offset calibration value seems to be completely ignored (but only in the XY mode).

The XY mode display connects to the position of two signal, when you change coupling, the position will change.

Offline tzok

• Contributor
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2014, 08:28:05 am »
There was no input signal, it is just a single dot, changing coupling between AC and DC does not affect dot position. XY mode is very simple (at least in analog scopes, but DSO should "emulate" this), and without the signal the dot should remain in the center of screen, it doesn't matter if input amplifiers are in inverting or non-inverting mode. Inverted 0 is still 0, so it shouldn't move the dot from the center of a screen in any axis.

New firmware which I have received from Siglent have resolved issues with time-base zoom and offset of inverted channel in XY mode.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:52:49 pm by tzok »

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2014, 12:59:29 am »
Is the Siglent Technical Support man still around here? I would like to ask him when are they going to distribute new SDS2000 series scopes in Europe.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2014, 06:04:59 am »
Is the Siglent Technical Support man still around here? I would like to ask him when are they going to distribute new SDS2000 series scopes in Europe.

My information is they are on Spring break until Feb 6
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2014, 01:35:30 am »

I don't think the technical support engineer can give you a right answer about that, maybe you can email their sales or marketing man. >:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf