Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 528208 times)

Offline anubis801

Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2014, 04:44:17 pm »
I installed a TCXO on my SDG1025 and I posted a video on youtube.

Offline Rene

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2014, 06:24:47 pm »
Thanks Steve,

Its great news to hear that you guys finally have a presence in North America. Quick question, is www.amazon.com an authorized reseller of Siglent equipment?

I had plans on purchasing the equipment from there (http://www.amazon.com/Siglent-SDG1025-Function-Arbitrary-Generator/dp/B00GQNNVH4).

If I was to buy from there, would you guys honor the guaranty?

Thanks.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2014, 06:38:46 pm »

Nice first post. I didn't know the TCXO was an option on my SDG1025, I was considering an external 10MHz source instead.

I'm not sure I would go through with all that hot air, soldering iron, and heated desolder sucker stuff myself, but if you have the equipment why not play it safe, eh?

Siglent America

« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2014, 06:53:25 pm »
Thanks Steve,

Its great news to hear that you guys finally have a presence in North America. Quick question, is www.amazon.com an authorized reseller of Siglent equipment?

I had plans on purchasing the equipment from there (http://www.amazon.com/Siglent-SDG1025-Function-Arbitrary-Generator/dp/B00GQNNVH4).

If I was to buy from there, would you guys honor the guaranty?

Thanks.

Hi Rene,

You bet! Amazon is an authorized Siglent distributor.
We can do any warranty repairs here in Cleveland on Siglent equipment purchased on Amazon within North America.

Thank you.
Steve
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:55:10 pm by Siglent America »

Offline kwass

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2014, 04:20:29 am »

Nice work,  I'll have to give this a try.  Is this the TCXO you used:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/221589387690?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ?

(Picture is wrong, but manufacturer and frequency seems to be the same.)

-katie

Offline Warhawk

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal resume
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2014, 10:42:18 am »
Hi Sigilent,
I would like to ask you if SDG800 generator series has truly USB host for a USB stick ?

On your webpage USB connector has just a cover although description says that it is present.

http://www.siglent.com/ENs/pdxx.aspx?id=71&T=2&tid=16

Will you have these generators at Electronica fair in Munchen ?

Thanks !

Siglent America

« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2014, 01:35:41 pm »
Hi Sigilent,
I would like to ask you if SDG800 generator series has truly USB host for a USB stick ?

On your webpage USB connector has just a cover although description says that it is present.

Thanks !

Good morning.
Yes, the SDG800 family of function generators do have USB Device & Host interfaces as standard. You can download a data sheet on our website if you wish.

I am not certain what all our factory guys will be bringing to Electronica next week. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a SDG800 there. If you are at the show please come by and say hello!
Steve

Offline Warhawk

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal resume
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2014, 02:48:15 pm »
Hi Sigilent,

Thanks !

Good morning.
Yes, the SDG800 family of function generators do have USB Device & Host interfaces as standard. You can download a data sheet on our website if you wish.

I am not certain what all our factory guys will be bringing to Electronica next week. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a SDG800 there. If you are at the show please come by and say hello!
Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve. Thus it means that SDG1000 series also have USB host. I am thinking about buying your AWG for hobby use so It would be very nice to see it in advance. Yes, I've already promised to stop by and say hello.  8)
Jiri

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2014, 05:32:23 pm »
Amazon dosent have anyone to help with issues.  You should try a company that supports its customers.

I guess I am partial!
Evan
TEquipment.NET

Offline Rigby

• Super Contributor
  • Learning, very new at this. Righteous Asshole, too
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2014, 02:07:44 pm »
Amazon dosent have anyone to help with issues.  You should try a company that supports its customers.

Yeah, that's not my experience with Amazon at all.  I've had Amazon refund or re-ship orders at the drop of a hat, at no cost to me.

However, I have purchased from you and I was not disappointed.

Offline nixxon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2014, 03:18:11 pm »
I look also for a high stability oscillator for my SDG1025, the PCB is already made to accept a TCXO (at least on the mine).

I have asked few months ago to Siglent if an internal reference clock option (TCXO) can be purchased for the SDG1025, answer from Siglent Technical Support Engineer was:
"I am sorry but there is no TCXO option to sale for customers"

I have to find a TCXO compatible with the PCB and the way to switch it. For info, the actual 10MHz clock looks like this schematic:

Regards

Is this TCXO hack real?

He uses a 25 MHz TCXO. Isn't it supposed to be 10MHz? Doesn't seem to be any need for FW upgrade either...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:20:51 pm by nixxon »

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2014, 05:52:14 pm »
Well the original X1 crystal is clearly 25MHz too, so it makes sense to replace it with a 25MHz TXCO. He also has an SDG1025, not an SDG1010. So I really don't understand your suspicion?

Offline Rene

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2014, 06:41:45 pm »

I purchased from Amazon because I know that if I am not satisfied with the product for any reason (even if it’s because I don't think that the signal generators goes well with my furniture) I can return it and get my money back (no restocking free or any other penalty fees). I also have at least 30 days to return the product (more than 60 days if you purchase during the holidays).

You guys have only 7 days returns and it looks like you may charge a restocking fee. If I knew exactly what I was getting and I was sure that I was not going to return the product I would absolutely buy from you guys since I am not too fond of Amazons. Else, the risk is too high.

Thanks.

Offline nixxon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »
Well the original X1 crystal is clearly 25MHz too, so it makes sense to replace it with a 25MHz TXCO. He also has an SDG1025, not an SDG1010. So I really don't understand your suspicion?

I guess I just didn't want to be fooled. It shows up that the single poster with the TCXO SDG1025 mod is responsive on YouTube. No problem. My SDG1020 (btw) has the same standard (25MHz) oscillator as did the SDG1025 in the video on YouTube.

So, to cool us all down, here is an interesting Sept. 5 2014 video made by Aaron Parks: "Siglent SDG1025 External Reference"

Offline Rene

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog -- SDG1025 External Clock Bug
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2014, 05:17:36 pm »
we have update the SDG1000 series firmware 1.01.01.36.

Your attached file (SDG1000-V100R001B01D01P36.zip) is not digitally signed. There is no excuse for not having all files digitally signed by the authoring company (in this case Siglent). In fact, is a little unnerving and somewhat embarrassing that a *technology* company does not realize the potential importance of digitally signing the files they distribute.

I suggest you guys change your ways and start digitally signing all files you distribute. If we were living in the year 1970 I would be ok with distributing unsigned files, but definitely not in 2014.

Thanks.

Offline f1rmb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2014, 05:23:12 pm »

Your attached file (SDG1000-V100R001B01D01P36.zip) is not digitally signed. There is no excuse for not having all files digitally signed by the authoring company (in this case Siglent). In fact, is a little unnerving and somewhat embarrassing that a *technology* company does not realize the potential importance of digitally signing the files they distribute.

I suggest you guys change your ways and start digitally signing all files you distribute. If we were living in the year 1970 I would be ok with distributing unsigned files, but definitely not in 2014.

Thanks.

I suggest you to take your pills. Had a bad day ?!

Thanks.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2014, 05:37:41 pm »
I have an SDG1025 and like to use a high accuracy external clock with it.  Setting the CLK Source to external works fine until you power off the unit.  When you power it back on the CLK Source will still say "external" but in fact it will be using the internal source until you toggle it to internal then back to external.  This is very disturbing.

In addition the frequency counter function seems to always use the internal clock regardless of the CLK source setting.  I see no reason for this limitation.

Firmware version is: 1.01.01.31R1, Harware: 02-00-00-22-26

Are there any plans to fix these issues in the next firmware release?

Thanks,
Katie

Dear katie,
we have update the SDG1000 series firmware 1.01.01.36. please find it here http://www.siglent.com/ENs/gjjrj-xq.aspx?id=970&tid=15
SDG1000 P36 version resolves the following issues:
1. Add the channel coupling function
2. Add the variable impedance function
3. resolve some bugs.

Thanks, just updated from 31 to 36. Worked like a charm! Good to see a firm supporting its products rather than leaving them as abandonware  :-+

Offline kwass

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2014, 07:45:18 pm »

Are there any plans to fix these issues in the next firmware release?

Thanks,
Katie

Dear katie,
we have update the SDG1000 series firmware 1.01.01.36. please find it here http://www.siglent.com/ENs/gjjrj-xq.aspx?id=970&tid=15
SDG1000 P36 version resolves the following issues:
1. Add the channel coupling function
2. Add the variable impedance function
3. resolve some bugs.

Thanks, just updated from 31 to 36. Worked like a charm! Good to see a firm supporting its products rather than leaving them as abandonware  :-+

I agree completely.  I just updated to version 36 and indeed the bug I complained about -- not remembering the external clock setting -- is fixed!  I haven't tested the new features yet but they are a welcome addition.

Thank you very much!
-Katie
-katie

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2014, 08:41:14 pm »

Thanks.
Valid point.
But if you feel so strongly on this matter I suggest you start a new thread on this in the forum and see just how widespread this "problem" is.
I don't beleive it should be a case of "naming and shaming", but it would be interesting to see how widespread it is in the "gear" that interests the forum members.
IME it is not uncommon with all manner of products.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #269 on: November 13, 2014, 08:51:50 pm »
Your attached file (SDG1000-V100R001B01D01P36.zip) is not digitally signed. There is no excuse for not having all files digitally signed by the authoring company (in this case Siglent).
I wouldn't know how to sign a ZIP file in way that couldn't be counterfeited. When in doubt I make sure I download it from the manufacturer's website.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2014, 08:07:32 pm »
I have noted this in a couple of other Siglent SDG1000 threads.  The Sweep function is not working properly after upgrading to .36.  At least on my SDG1005, the sweep is stuck on a repeating up-down pattern with linear only.  Changing the sweep type to log and toggling the direction have no effect on the sweep.  I've tried several different frequencies and sweep times, with no change.  I hope Siglent can make a quick interim fix, because the sweep function is almost useless for my purposes.  If someone else who has upgraded could confirm this issue, that would be excellent.
The new channel coupling function works great!

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2014, 08:55:22 pm »
I have noted this in a couple of other Siglent SDG1000 threads.  The Sweep function is not working properly after upgrading to .36.  At least on my SDG1005, the sweep is stuck on a repeating up-down pattern with linear only.  Changing the sweep type to log and toggling the direction have no effect on the sweep.  I've tried several different frequencies and sweep times, with no change.  I hope Siglent can make a quick interim fix, because the sweep function is almost useless for my purposes.  If someone else who has upgraded could confirm this issue, that would be excellent.
The new channel coupling function works great!
What is this channel coupling function you speak of? The problem with Siglents updates are they have no changelogs whatsoever, so I don't have a clue and just assume I have the latest and so it must be the best  :-//

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2014, 09:21:48 pm »
I updated my SDG1010 last night and took a look at the channel coupling: it allows to set a frequency and phase difference between the two channels.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2014, 10:03:50 pm »
When it is turned on, one or the other of the channels can be set as a master, and the other will follow the master settings.  You can set frequency and phase offsets that will track along with changes you make to the master settings.  It all appears to work as expected.

Siglent America

« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2014, 07:06:03 pm »
Hello, everyone.

I just wanted to let you know that we now have a Siglent Technologies website for North America:

www.SiglentAmerica.com

It is hosted in the USA and maintained here. We just received the website late last week so we will be doing some editing to clean up the grammar and typos over the coming weeks. At least in North America it should be faster than the corporate website (www.Siglent.com) and we will do our best to keep it up to date, interesting, and informative.
As a note, the latest SDS2000 oscilloscope firmware should be listed there. It was released in October.

We want to make this website useful so if you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear from you at
info@siglent.com

We appreciate your support.
Thank you!
Steve

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf