Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 522995 times)

Offline ShreveCC

• Contributor
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #500 on: December 31, 2015, 09:09:57 pm »
I have an improvement recommendation for the SDS1102X\SDS1202X decoder and trigger option.  I just purchased the 1102X scope and it is on its way in shipping.  At some point in time I am going to purchase the decoder, however I really want the decoder option to decode the ASCII text and not just the hex values when it decodes a bus signal. 

I noticed others really want this from the reviews on Siglent dealer sites and You Tube reviews also.  Is this possible to have ASCII support in the decoder option?  I mean its going to cost myself and others an additional $169 U.S. dollars for the decode\trigger option -  so it would really help to sell the optional package and also more scopes in turn by adding the ASCII values in the
decoding.  :-+

I pointed Siglent tech support to this before Xmas and while there were no promises, R&D are looking at including ASCII support in future SDS1000X FW if possible.

I just got my scope, and well from what I have checked over for use; including updating to the latest firmware...   

In my opinion: 

It is a really great scope at the price/ to performance/ to capability. 

256 temperature (color) intensity graded display-  excellent screen, by the way :-+
50 ohm impedance mode
hardware based triggering
Eres and sequence recording
500 uV/Div ... Awesome features at $424 U.S. dollars on Amazon

no extra channels... well you can't expect everything at this price, but this is an excellent scope-
Siglent has a winning product- the SDS 1102X
Complexity is simple; when you have a complex mind - Just adjust your Sample Rate for others to measure your thoughts clearly.

Offline jemangedeslolos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #501 on: January 04, 2016, 10:58:52 am »
Hello Mr Siglent :)

I just bought few days ago your SDM3055 multimeter from Batronix.com
I have a little issue. It seems to work like a charm but sometimes, the transformer make some 50Hz noise.
A first, I thought that it comes from the metallic housing which vibrates because of the transformer but it doesn't.
If I tilted the device on the side, I can clearly hear the noise coming from the transformer but it is a very metallic and loud noise that is not normal.

What can I do ?

Thank you

Offline GAD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #502 on: January 07, 2016, 10:40:51 pm »
Posting my findings after having this meter for a day and returning it. Here are my general ramblings in no particular order.

To be fair, I'm a hobbyist and I've used a Fluke 175 for the past 10 years. I basically wanted a convenient bench meter that was easy to use and read. I'd never owned a bench multimeter and decided to try the Siglent because it looked great and I'd had great experience with my Rigol 'scope.

I did not like the way this meter "felt", if that makes sense. It's slow, so naturally having read all the threads on it, I downloaded the latest firmware which made it faster, but "faster" felt like it was overclocked instead of feeling more responsive. Even with the newer firmware a continuity check was not instantaneous and my overwhelming feeling after testing it for hours was that I just didn't trust it. Everything about it just felt cheap to me and for the price, I returned it and bought a used Fluke (though that's got its own issues).

It takes too long to boot. I know it's a linux box and that's cool, but that also annoyed me. Yes, I know it should sit for a while to stabilize so boot time shouldn't be a big deal, but my Fluke bench meter is instantly on.

The screen drove me nuts. It's not as beautiful as it is in the pics, and there was no way to adjust either the brightness or the contrast. If I'd have been able to get that pure black that's shown in the marketing pics I would have been a bit more enthusiastic. I love the screen on the Rigol 'scope, so that was my baseline.

The always-on blue power light is terrible.

For reference, I'm not really a gear snob, but I like what I like. I have a Rigol DS1054Z that I love and I have none of these complaints about it except for maybe the boot time.

I loved some of the advanced features like the trending screens and such, but I just couldn't get past the feeling that I'd spent a fair chunk of money on something that I wasn't happy with so I returned it.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #503 on: January 08, 2016, 12:06:06 am »
Hint: if you are not after 5 digits or more precision but still want a bench meter then get a 4.5 digit VC8145 ! This meter has instant continuity and lots of other nice features.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline DSoldano

« Reply #504 on: January 14, 2016, 04:05:07 pm »
Problem with Siglent SPD3303D.

I bought this power supply about a year ago and then got busy with work and other things so it just sat in the closet until a few days ago. I have some spare time so decided to build an internet connected Programmable DC Load. I am powering the circuit off of the fixed 5V channel CH3 and using channel 1 (CH1) as the source supply for the load. I have it set at 5V to limit the power through the circuit during initial tests since I haven't attached the components to a heatsink yet.

As soon as I start to draw current the CH1 supply voltage starts to drop. It appears drops off from 4.98V no load/open circuit to 4.85V at 300ma and to 4.78V at 1.2A. I tried both channels. The behavior is the same on both Channel 1 and Channel 2. I even tried running the channels in parallel - same behavior. The display on the SPD3303D reads 5.00V throughout the whole exercise, never wavers although the current reading changes.

I checked to see if there were cable losses - nope. I checked the banana plugs at the terminals for poor contact - nope. I checked the output voltage with three different meters - they all validate the findings. In each case, the display on the SPD3303D reads 5.00V.

Any suggestions? Any ideas from Siglent Tech Support? Hardware version is V1.2. Software version is 1.01.01.01.06R1.

Thanks

Dominick

Siglent America

« Reply #505 on: January 14, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »
PM sent

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #506 on: January 14, 2016, 09:45:26 pm »
Hint: if you are not after 5 digits or more precision but still want a bench meter then get a 4.5 digit VC8145 ! This meter has instant continuity and lots of other nice features.

4 7/8 digit surely? (80,000 count not 20,000 count like a 4 1/2)

Have you found a recalibration procedure for it yet?

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #507 on: January 14, 2016, 10:01:04 pm »

4 7/8 digit surely? (80,000 count not 20,000 count like a 4 1/2)

Have you found a recalibration procedure for it yet?
There are only 2 potmeters on the board so if it is out of cal just turn them until the values are within spec. However the LM385 reference in the VC8145 has a typical aging of 20ppm in the first 1000 hours so I don't expect it to go out of spec any time soon.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline billfernandez

• Regular Contributor
EasyWave P34 issues
« Reply #508 on: January 23, 2016, 05:59:07 am »
Greetings:  I just upgraded EasyWave on my Windows 7 PC from version P32 to P34.  Now when I run it I get an endless series of error alerts:  "An unsupported operation was attempted." 

Version P32 was working fine before I uninstalled it so that I could install P34.  Is it possible that P34 is only compatible with Windows 10?

ADDED JANUARY 24:

o I uninstalled P34, restarted my PC, re-installed P34:  same problem.

o I ininstalled P34, restarted my PC, re-installed P32 (that's pee-thirty-two): the problem went away.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:42:41 am by billfernandez »

Offline rosbuitre

• Regular Contributor
Re: EasyWave P34 issues
« Reply #509 on: January 24, 2016, 11:12:51 am »
Greetings:  I just upgraded EasyWave on my Windows 7 PC from version P32 to P34.  Now when I run it I get an endless series of error alerts:  "An unsupported operation was attempted." 

Version P32 was working fine before I uninstalled it so that I could install P34.  Is it possible that P34 is only compatible with Windows 10?

Hi
I use it in Windows 10 and I get the same error, setting it does not work as compatible with windows 7

Regards
My instruments: DMM Keysight 34461A / Tektronix DMM916 / Fluke 12, Rigol DS1074Z, Deer DE-5000, Siglent SDG805 / SDP3303D, Dayton Dats2

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #510 on: January 24, 2016, 12:41:28 pm »
Just for test, unistalled P32 (also cleaned all residues)  and installed P34 without any kind of problem.

System: Windows 7 Pro -64  SP1  with all current updates.

P34 wworks just as previous version exept there can select also SDG2000X (8pts-8Mpts)
Installed using: "For all users"

I have not tested connection with any SDG equipment but some free plaaying with it and done some hand draw and equation draw waveforms and stored as .csv.
Just works normally without any extra error messages.
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline rosbuitre

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2016, 02:01:07 pm »
Just for test, unistalled P32 (also cleaned all residues)  and installed P34 without any kind of problem.

System: Windows 7 Pro -64  SP1  with all current updates.

P34 wworks just as previous version exept there can select also SDG2000X (8pts-8Mpts)
Installed using: "For all users"

I have not tested connection with any SDG equipment but some free plaaying with it and done some hand draw and equation draw waveforms and stored as .csv.
Just works normally without any extra error messages.

Hi
Uninstall EasyWave and EasyPower with RevoUninstaller+Ccleaner, install in Windows 10, and persist the problem

Regards
My instruments: DMM Keysight 34461A / Tektronix DMM916 / Fluke 12, Rigol DS1074Z, Deer DE-5000, Siglent SDG805 / SDP3303D, Dayton Dats2

Offline SiglentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #512 on: January 25, 2016, 03:30:14 am »
Dear Friends?

We will participate in the Embedded World 2016.Welcome to visit our booths. :D :D

You can get a free e-ticket By the link below:
https://www.messe-ticket.de/Nuernberg/EmbeddedWorld2016/Register?culture=en

Insert voucher code (B318833) and your information, you will receive the e-ticket.  ^-^

Thank you for support Siglent!
Best regards.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:25:54 am by Siglent »
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

Offline motocoder

• Supporter
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #513 on: February 14, 2016, 04:51:01 am »

Hello fellow EEVbloggers,

I am a technical support engineer from Siglent, and so glad to offer effective technical support, trouble-shooting and problem solving for all Siglent products.

Also, we will appreciate if you could share your experiences and some improvement suggestions with us.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.

Hi -

I have a question about my SDG1025. I have done the same mod discussed on this thread to add a TCXO. This is working fine, but I recently set up an external 10MHz reference, and want to use that instead. I had to set the output of my reference to about  10 dBm (2 Vpp into 50 ohm load / 4 Vpp into high impedance) in order to get the SDG1025 to recognize it, and I am concerned that the TCXO might be connected to the same signal as the external reference input.

Can you tell me if this is the case?

Thanks

Offline kwass

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2016, 06:25:54 am »

Hi -

I have a question about my SDG1025. I have done the same mod discussed on this thread to add a TCXO. This is working fine, but I recently set up an external 10MHz reference, and want to use that instead. I had to set the output of my reference to about  10 dBm (2 Vpp into 50 ohm load / 4 Vpp into high impedance) in order to get the SDG1025 to recognize it, and I am concerned that the TCXO might be connected to the same signal as the external reference input.

Don't worry, the 10MHz input is not coupled to the TCXO.  You can keep feed the 10Mhz input all the time and switch between the internal (now TCXO) reference and the external one via the menu.

-katie

Offline motocoder

• Supporter
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2016, 08:28:31 am »

Hi -

Don't worry, the 10MHz input is not coupled to the TCXO.  You can keep feed the 10Mhz input all the time and switch between the internal (now TCXO) reference and the external one via the menu.

Thanks, kwass.

In case anyone else runs into this, there was some strange behavior where the SDG1025 menu would show that it was set on external ref, but it clearly was not. This went away with a firmware update. Everything is working now.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #516 on: March 02, 2016, 08:30:40 am »
Siglent have released a range of Labview drivers for the SPD3000 series of PSUs:

http://www.siglentamerica.com/gjjrj.aspx?id=204

Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Tjuurko

• Regular Contributor
SDG1050 Very bad working mode: Sweep(Log)
« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2016, 08:52:21 am »
Model SDG1050
SW 1.01.01.37R3
HW 02-00-00-23-24

CH1/CH2 (any)
Sine/Square/Ramp (any)
Offset=0 (any)
Ampl=7.4Vpp (any)
Sweep
SwpTime=500.000s
StopFreq=3.9MHz
StartFreq=39Hz
Source=Internal
Linear/Log=Log
Direction=Up

The picture shows the output frequency change (in logarithmic scale) versus time.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2016, 11:16:47 am »
@Tjuurko: this is a known bug in the SDG1000 series but I doubt it will get fixed so don't use log sweep in those generators.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
New Siglent Plus models (Siglent DSO HW improvements)
« Reply #519 on: May 31, 2016, 04:13:51 am »
FYI

Siglent have been working on some improvements to their existing models:

The SDS1000DL and SDS1000CML series now have 800x600 displays AND LAN as standard.

http://www.siglentamerica.com/pdxx.aspx?id=4656&T=2&tid=1
New manuals
http://www.siglent.com/ENs/prodcut-wd.aspx?id=1428&tid=1&T=2

Datasheet
http://www.siglentamerica.com/USA_website_2014/Documents/DataSheet/SDS1000DLplus_CMLplus_DataSheet_DS0101A-E01A.pdf

For the SDS1000X series there has been addition of 16 channel MSO to the previously known S models with inbuilt AWG. These will now be known as SDS1000X+.
The SDS1000X ( no +) range without AWG and MSO will stay. (100 and 200 MHz)
Enabling software and 16 ch probe assembly will need to be purchased for units with the new MSO port in the Plus models.
http://www.siglentamerica.com/pdxx.aspx?id=4688&T=2&tid=1

Datasheet:
http://www.siglentamerica.com/USA_website_2014/Documents/DataSheet/SDS1000X&Xplus%20_DataSheet_DS010X_E01A.pdf
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:12:17 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #520 on: July 19, 2016, 11:59:27 pm »
Instrument Calibration

There have been requests for information regarding user calibration of Siglent equipment.
2 main programs are used to cover all the series available at this time.
Compatibility is listed in the table below and methodologies listed in Service manuals.
Additional calibrated reference equipment may be required for any re-calibration results to meet published specs.
Please don't try this at home without the appropriate calibrated equipment.

Series                     Pysion         Easytest

SDS1000X                  y               ×
SDS2000X                  y               ×
SSA3000X                  y               ×
SDG800                      y               ×
SDG1000                    y               ×

SDG2000X                  y               ×
SDG5000                    y               ×
SHS800/1000             ×               y
SDM3055                   ×               y

SPD3000C/D/S/X/X-E ×               y
SDS1000CFL              ×               y
SDS1000CML+/DL+    ×               y

Instruments that require EasyTest require a custom script for each model, available from Siglent.

EasyTest scripts are only available from Siglent in a Chinese version UI however the screenshot below offers English captions for guidance.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:07:36 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #521 on: July 20, 2016, 10:00:50 am »
Having today sold out of SDS1102CML DSO's I unpacked and booted one of the new Plus versions of these good little DSO's.

Surprisingly the updated 800 x 480 display resolution is immediately obvious as too was the lack of the much despised language selection dialogue.  :clap:
The colourful Siglent splash screen at boot has been replaced with the same as all the newer Siglent series, the black screen and Siglent logo.

With contact to Tech support I was sent new FW, (beta I think) the update process being exactly the same as previously however there was no need to reboot the DSO, it did it itself.  :)

With double the display resolution there have been a few subtle changes in the GUI, text finer but more crisp for both menus and OSD. Trace colours are now yellow and pink, blue has been omitted as it's normally used for channel 3 on 4 channel scopes, less confusing IMO.

See for yourself

And yes, I already asked Siglent to consider making the All Measure box transparent in forthcoming FW for the SDS1000CML+.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:14:33 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline ZALance

« Reply #522 on: July 25, 2016, 08:36:12 pm »
Hi All...

The reason I'm here is about a scope I got my hands on and the only info I found about the part number on the PCB brought me here (see pic)...  It's a rebadged Siglent of sorts.  From what I can tell it's a SDS1102 family.  Problem is, it's semi-bricked:  previously someone tried to update the firmware and the display is not the same resolution as the firmware was written for (320X240 5.7" display trying to run 480X234 7").  Bummer is, only the left half of the displayed window appears on the screen!  Also, there is no waveform when I probe something - probe and source are fine...  Tried to "Auto", but then a message "No signal" comes up...

Can anyone please help me with the capabilities of the hardware and what firmware I should load and how?  Is there a firmware version around that drives 320X240?

The brand is AA Tech ADS-2102B and the screen splash on startup says "Atten ADS-1102CM"!!.  Can't find any AA Tech support on web.

Thanks...

Offline FrozenHaxor

• Contributor
    • My random stuff
« Reply #523 on: July 25, 2016, 08:47:59 pm »
Honestly I don't think that Siglent will bother to respond to this thread anymore. Their latest posts were quite random, irrelevant and long time ago.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #524 on: July 25, 2016, 08:52:42 pm »
Honestly I don't think that Siglent will bother to respond to this thread anymore. Their latest posts were quite random, irrelevant and long time ago.
::)
Siglent watch this thread every working day and I every day!
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf