Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 522812 times)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #625 on: April 15, 2017, 10:25:14 pm »
From the SDG2042X thread:
Hello zorromen,

We tried to post the answer here but we had three screen shots and it took up too much room.

We did find the problem. Please contact us at
info@siglent.com
and we will help you out on this.
Hence the need for a faster FW roll out of alternative and smaller file types for screenshots. (png etc)
These have been promised for a while and many of us have had quite enough of compressing imagery for online screenshots. Get a move on Siglent.
Further thoughts on the subject for other saved/printed file types for Siglent DSO's.

While default and only file type currently is BMP, the file size is large so that it takes some time to transfer to a USB stick and if any conversion to a smaller file type was to put additional load on the processor and add lag to the save file time it may be somewhat negated by the much smaller file and subsequent lesser transfer time.

Should there be some penalty of extended file processing time despite there being a smaller file to transfer I would be happy to pay that price for a much smaller and more manageable file size and type. Most users I suspect would be happy if there was some small delay price to pay.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Siglent America

« Reply #626 on: April 28, 2017, 01:07:04 pm »
Some new information on several Siglent products that I thought might be of interest:

1) Open socket communication with Python        Application With Script

2) Verify an open socket LAN connection using Telnet     Application Note

3) Verify remote control connection using NI-MAX      Application Note

These can be found at
http://siglentamerica.com/prodcut-pxzl.aspx?id=5109&tid=1&T=2

Also, new firmware for the SDS1000X/X+ oscilloscopes (V1.1.1.2.15E3) is located at
http://siglentamerica.com/gjjrj-xq.aspx?id=5270&tid=1

Finally, an update on open socket communications with Siglent products:
Open socket for the SSA3000X spectrum analyzer is currently supported in the latest firmware.
We have more on the way, including the new SDS1202X-E. I do not have a date on those yet. The SDM3045X, SDM3055, and SDM3065X DMMs are being tested now.

Offline KeBeNe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #627 on: April 28, 2017, 06:23:08 pm »
Hello,

will there be the open socket LAN connection also for the SDS2000X series?

regards René

Siglent America

« Reply #628 on: April 28, 2017, 06:30:19 pm »
Hello,

regards René

No, there won't be open socket on the SDS2000X but there will be on the new SDS1202X-E.

Offline KeBeNe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #629 on: April 29, 2017, 06:04:22 am »
Will there be an update for the 2000X series to enable this?

Siglent America

« Reply #630 on: May 01, 2017, 12:18:02 pm »
No, the SDS2000X oscilloscope family will not have open socket capabilities at any point, as far as I know.

Offline KeBeNe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #631 on: May 02, 2017, 01:37:32 am »
Will it get this?
If not, why not?

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #632 on: May 02, 2017, 03:50:58 am »

No, there won't be open socket on the SDS2000X but there will be on the new SDS1202X-E.

Will there be an update for the 2000X series to enable this?

No, the SDS2000X oscilloscope family will not have open socket capabilities at any point, as far as I know.

Will it get this?

|O

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #633 on: May 02, 2017, 07:20:01 am »
What part of "NO" don't you understand?  :palm:

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #634 on: May 02, 2017, 08:54:53 am »
What part of "NO" don't you understand?  :palm:
I too don't like the no answer and have sent a question to Siglent asking why.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop

Offline Mentor

« Reply #635 on: May 03, 2017, 07:34:09 pm »
Hi, I´m new to this forum and got this configuration:

- SDS1152CML
- Windows 10 creators
- Visa16 full

Attached captures of whats going on. Device is recognized in device manager, can send commands and get answers from the scope but when I try to open the virtual panel it hangs the scope forever, have to cycle power to get it to work again.
Any clue? Thanks.

P.D.: Sorry for the Language Controller screenshot.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #636 on: May 03, 2017, 07:47:28 pm »
Hi, I´m new to this forum and got this configuration:

- SDS1152CML
- Windows 10 creators
- Visa16 full

Attached captures of whats going on. Device is recognized in device manager, can send commands and get answers from the scope but when I try to open the virtual panel it hangs the scope forever, have to cycle power to get it to work again.
Any clue? Thanks.

P.D.: Sorry for the Language Controller screenshot.
Welcome to the forum.

Can you please post the EasyScopeX version # ? The latest is 16 and it has the MS .NET files added in the package that are needed as part of the install.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Mentor

« Reply #637 on: May 04, 2017, 03:15:45 am »
Hi again, sorry forgot to post. I got the version V100R001B02D01P16.

Thanks.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #638 on: May 04, 2017, 03:42:27 am »
Hi again, sorry forgot to post. I got the version V100R001B02D01P16.

Thanks.
I have some questions to the factory about a problem we see too. I will update you when I have some answers.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Joel_l

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #639 on: May 05, 2017, 01:34:44 am »
@Siglent - feature request

Hi,

I recently bought an SSA3021x, very nice features vs price. There is a setting that turns on and off screen text, shows menu item selected and value. Instead of just on and off, it would be nice to have a mode where the menu item shows up when an entry is started and then goes away again after a delay ( settable ?, the entry should be cleared and aborted after the delay ) or accepted when the entry is completed ( selecting units or hitting enter ). Example, I like to leave text off, but when I go to enter say a frequency, it would be nice if what I'm entering would pop up on the screen then go away after a delay ( canceled ) or when the entry is completed.

Joel

The following users thanked this post: N8AUM

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #640 on: May 05, 2017, 02:17:04 am »
@ Siglent America:
 I posted some of this blab on another post and thought I may get some answers here, seeing as I could not find Siglent Australia or Siglent UK on EEVblog     ;D

I recently updated the firmware on a Siglent SDS1000CFL 4 Channel series > Firmware Version: 5.01.02.38 | Released 2015-03-10
Software Version on updated unit: 5.03.02.38  Hardware Version: 15-f0-0.11

Result: the 'Siglent' brand boot time splash screen is now gone, replaced with a blank white screen, but it starts up ok,
and Channel 1 vertical gain issues I was concerned about (higher on default start up compared to lower but equal gain channels 2,3,4 ) are all gone,
and the scope appears to work as it should.

Besides an ocassional freeze in response to extreme control dial work (fixed by power off/on) the scope does the business as I expect, I think..  :-//

The firmware was direct from Siglent btw, and one must be VERY cautious to select the correct file on their support pages   

The firmware instructions I have attached to this comment don't tell you that much, the final step 'Part 2 Update Cfg' made no real sense to me nor responded, or perhaps not relevant to my scope model.

QUESTION to Siglent America: is it 'normal' after this update for the boot up screen to be WHITE and no Siglent logo or text etc ?

Thanks in advance, and your participation at EEVblog for Siglent customers to post their questions or concerns, is very much appreciated   :-+   :)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #641 on: May 05, 2017, 02:44:16 am »
Your first call for support should be to your local seller or regional distributor:
TRIO Test & Measurement Pty Ltd, AU authorised distributors.

For our part of the world, (Oceanica) NZ and AU the factory is the best match of timezone for fast replies.
The rest of the world is best served by either US in Ohio or Hamburg Siglent branches.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #642 on: May 05, 2017, 07:44:08 am »
Your first call for support should be to your local seller or regional distributor:

For our part of the world, (Oceanica) NZ and AU the factory is the best match of timezone for fast replies.
The rest of the world is best served by either US in Ohio or Hamburg Siglent branches.

Thanks, but it's not a support issue (yet) 
just wondering why the boot screen splash got nuked to white, and if anyone else has experienced this with the last firmware update.

Offline Joel_l

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #643 on: May 05, 2017, 02:16:50 pm »
This is the same version FW I have and I get the normal splash screen on mine. Did you try reflashing?

@ Siglent America:
 I posted some of this blab on another post and thought I may get some answers here, seeing as I could not find Siglent Australia or Siglent UK on EEVblog     ;D

I recently updated the firmware on a Siglent SDS1000CFL 4 Channel series > Firmware Version: 5.01.02.38 | Released 2015-03-10
Software Version on updated unit: 5.03.02.38  Hardware Version: 15-f0-0.11

Result: the 'Siglent' brand boot time splash screen is now gone, replaced with a blank white screen, but it starts up ok,
and Channel 1 vertical gain issues I was concerned about (higher on default start up compared to lower but equal gain channels 2,3,4 ) are all gone,
and the scope appears to work as it should.

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #644 on: May 05, 2017, 06:14:01 pm »
@Electro Detective
How did you update config? This last update package do not have config file at all. 

There is long way from 5.01xxxx   to 5.03xxxx.  Perhaps there is some previous update what have included also config update file. I do not know but I feel that perhaps this version jump is too big and it need first do some intermediate update before this last version. I do not remember what all versions have included needed new cnf file. Perhaps before this last update it first need some previous version update, example: SDS1000CFL_4CH  Version: 5.03.02.12 | Published?2014-09-26. There is also new config for 5.03xxxx versions.

But, I do not know if you can now downgrade and update this previous version first before last version or do it now need some "trick".
I recommend to contact Siglent China Engineer who know what and how to do now. Best that do not try enything before get real information based to real knowledge. (Siglent Engineer) For avoid more problems.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:24:32 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #645 on: May 05, 2017, 10:34:04 pm »

Thanks, but it's not a support issue (yet) 
just wondering why the boot screen splash got nuked to white, and if anyone else has experienced this with the last firmware update.
Expect contact from Trio, you issue has been reported to the factory and they will forward it to them.

BTW, Charles from Trio is a member here.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #646 on: May 05, 2017, 11:36:11 pm »
Many thanks gents for the great feedback and helpful advice    :-+

it appears with all my experience and caution updating MANY firmwares on too many products over many years, this time it appears to be a part-FAIL   :--

The SDS1xxxCFL scope works but boots up like a prototype with white screen and no name

My brief tests have been limited to sig gen verification and to 10x cal the 4 probes to their respective channels

Yes I tried re-flashing, no difference
Yes, I tried it with 2 different USB sticks freshly formatted to Fat32
Yes, scope hooked up to a SmartUPS during procedure 
Yes, I tried -next welcome suggestion- too   :)

Either the wrong firmware was posted at whichever Siglent support site is the actual MAIN support site.   :-//  :-//
or it's similar firmware version to other models.

Unclear instructions, an obese 1mb BMP picture of text, and no proper text file   

NO CAUTION to update older firmware in steps, assuming that's the case here.
and whatever else described in my previous comments above

The user (paying customer who purchased Siglent instead of Rigol or Hantek) can't possibly be at any fault here and Siglent should sort this out for me DIRECTLY.

Why should I have to hassle the seller distributor when the manufacturer needs to get their support in better gear?

Updating a Siglent should not go south when it's the same SIMPLE routine as updating the firmware on a Pentax camera or a Dell or Acer PC,
companies that make their firmware files, and instructions to use them,  VERY CLEAR, including if it needs to be done in steps... 

I've had ONE (x1) bios update fail on a Dell PC and after one phone call explaining the update routine, Dell advised me it was a flaw with the motherboard revision and had a tech come over asap, who fitted a new motherboard AND updated the bios and did a diagnostic, while I watched  :popcorn: Good job too btw.

How can I not recommend Dell products to the average battler who wants advice on what 'all in one' PC package to buy  >  "I don't know what's around, just get a Dell.."

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:16:46 am by Electro Detective »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #647 on: May 06, 2017, 12:08:42 am »
Many thanks for the great feedback and advice gents,

it appears with all my experience and caution updating MANY firmwares on too many products over many years, this time it appears to be a part-FAIL   :--

The scope works but boots up like a prototype with no name

My tests have been limited to sig gen verification and to 10x cal the 4 probes to their respective channels

Either the wrong firmware was posted at whichever Siglent support site is the actual MAIN support site.   :-//  :-//
or it's similar firmware version to other models.

Unclear instructions, an obese 1mb BMP picture of text, and no proper text file   

NO CAUTION to update older firmware in steps, assuming that's the case here.
and whatever else described in my previous comments above

The user (paying customer who purchased Siglent instead of Rigol or Hantek) can't possibly be at any fault here and Siglent should sort this out for me DIRECTLY.

Why should I have to hassle the seller distributor when the manufacturer needs to get their support in better gear?

Updating a Siglent should not go south when it's the same SIMPLE routine as updating the firmware on a Pentax camera or a Dell or Acer PC,
companies that make their firmware files, and instructions to use them,  VERY CLEAR, including if it needs to be done in steps... 
Now that you have let off some steam, some things that I might ask and others that might help you.

Where did you buy it, do they offer zero support ?

rf-loop and I frequent this forum to offer help to those that need it and we both have close contact with the factory to do so.
Bitch if you must but please understand not all Siglent branches of which there are only 3 are in your timezone and can always offer timely support. But we 2 can and the community of others that own and use Siglent products.

This might be a problem with the FW but as you see another user has no problems.
Right now you need to wait until next week for Trio to contact you, they ARE Siglent's rep for AU and the guys on the ground that will sort it for you. Special software may be the fix for your unit, this I am unsure of.

Yes, the instructions can be better and to help buyers not have problems updating FW both rf-loop and I only despatch units with latest FW installed.

Be patient, a solution will be offered.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #648 on: May 06, 2017, 12:59:21 am »
Thank you sir, it wasn't a steam, well maybe it meandered toward the sauna room..   

A little disappointed at finally pulling the trigger on a first basic DSO, against my better judgement since I have analogue storage cros that still do the business for transient captures and the like etc, but 4 channels and one button single shot in a small box can come in handy sometimes

I wanted to avoid getting caught up in the DSO 'Daze Of Our Lives' dramas happening to others I read about here and Youtube,
and LOL here I am    :palm:

Yes, it was purchased locally from the authorized distributor interstate, but why hassle them for a manufacturer related issue that can be possibly resolved via the internet, with some simple button commands and a restore and update file routine or whatever ?

TBH: I still believe the Siglent is as good as the competition and chose wisely for my humble requirements,
so if I have to be patient for a positive outcome, it's not a problem.     :)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:10:34 am by Electro Detective »

Offline colorado.rob

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #649 on: May 06, 2017, 03:19:13 am »
Feature Suggestions for the SDG-2000X:

1. allow a modulating wave shape (MDSP) for FSK so that a square wave signal can be uploaded to modulate an arbitrary bit sequence (example: "C1:MDWV FSK,MDSP, ARB")
2. allow the modulator to use the other channel as the signal source (example: "C2:MDWV PWM,MDSP, C1")

Right now the FSK modulation feature is rather limited.  One can only modulate a simple square wave or it requires using an external source.  It seems like an oversight not to allow an uploaded wave form to modulate the FSK signal.

Rob

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf