Author Topic: Agilent E4446 Spectrum Analyzer doesn't power-on.  (Read 854 times)

Offline LewTopic starter

Agilent E4446 Spectrum Analyzer doesn't power-on.
« on: December 09, 2020, 04:09:49 pm »
I am trying to troubleshoot the A9 2nd LO /Fan control board in an E4446.
This board sends the power-on enable signal to the power supply. The unit does not power up with this board inserted.
I believe the OTP over temp protect circuit may be preventing this signal from being asserted, so the unit can not power-up.
No schematics available.? If I could get an extender card then I can figure out and trace back the faulty circuit.
Does anyone know what type or p/n of the connector???
Does anyone know the power supply pin-out so I can trace backward from the power-on signal.??
Also this card started causing this problem just after initialization screens and just before the final spectrum analyzer screen was to appear. I had another A9 card that I tried and it did the same thing. Now i have 2 bad A9 cards.
So maybe something wrong on the motherboard or a shorted fan causes the problem and I am looking into that but i need to fix the A9 fan control problem without schematic. Need help.

Offline sq6emm

Re: Agilent E4446 Spectrum Analyzer doesn't power-on.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 09:44:51 pm »
Hello Lew,

have you succeeded finding schematic of A9?
I have problem with 2nd LO unlock after power failure of the power supply... All works but 2nd LO unlock appears...

Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf