Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 522870 times)

Offline nuhamind2

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 02:25:41 am »
Um, Aren't the picture above taken from another thread which show the inner of Atten branded scope. So it's probably Atten decision to take out 1 ADC.

Offline SiglentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 03:55:45 am »

2.ADC
All the products did not use 4ADCs

are you sure? i see here only 4 ADCs chips (two on top and two on bottom PCB side)

brand seems to be Siglent, hardware rev. CA_M_111000 / SAT7.820.681O

So ?

could you tell me the model of "using 4ADCs"?
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

Offline Galaxyrise

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 04:31:28 am »
The image is from earlier in this thread.

and Siglent is using everywhere 4ADCs (like on the pictures of CA_M_111000 / SAT7.820.681O with no long memory).
I am but an egg

Offline nuhamind2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 05:12:48 am »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/atten-ads1202cl-(partial)-teardown/
Probably what siglent guy mean that they only use 5 ADC is for their own branded product, while product branded by another company (although still designed by siglent) may subject to that another company decision.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:19 am »
This picture is from Atten product.

I think it is better that Atten answer Atten product questions.

OEM/ODM manufacturer is responsible to original deal partner and not third parties.

If I buy my product XYZD from OEM/ODM manufacturer, say example from Siglent, The first paper to be signed is a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Only then will begin negotiations with details. If then my  ODM manufacturer of a product, for example, would give any other information about it to third parties than I do, end up with the court.

"Yes we are OEM/ODM for this Atten product. All other questions you can ask from Atten"
I will recommend this answer.
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 06:48:43 am »
it does not matter what name on the product Case, the board has been developed (firmware and hardware) and produced by Siglent, so not Bongo Bongo or Atten or LeCroy have to answer "WHY they produced like that and if that was working WHY the others are not in that way" but Siglent as only Siglent need to know what's about.

EDIT: imagine someone got replacement mainboard, with hardware rev. CA_M_111000 / SAT7.820.681O and Siglent name on it. Whom have such person to ask "why here is no chip soldered" or "can i use it for X or Y model" or what so ever questions?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:55:05 am by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline nuhamind2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 09:54:56 am »
It is probably like what you said in the first page. Done. Question answered.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 10:51:33 am »

the real reason of my technical question was to check the quality of support.

If support person don't know what to answer, which was here the case as only product manager or the affected engineer can know why 4 and not 5 ADCs, the question need to be forwarded to someone who knows what to answer. It have to be completly forwarded, in its  original wording and not translated or with changed wording (or even worse, transalted and then forwarded with own wording).

Siglent can now compare my question with all the answer i got and think a bit about improvements to their support.

I really don't mind, actually happy to see Siglent support here, but when you do this guys, do it properly.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

The following users thanked this post: croma641

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 01:19:31 am »

I really don't mind, actually happy to see Siglent support here, but when you do this guys, do it properly.

Thank you for your support and advice , also welcome your further suggestions , we will try harder to do

Offline andor

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 12:32:15 pm »
Hello!

Today I was measuring things with my Siglent 1072CML scope (7 months old, latest firmware), and after accidentally pushing the Horizontal Timebase knob, and so entering Delayed Mode at a fairly slow timebase, the scope froze completely. Complete lockup. Even restarting didn't help, the logo shows, the buttons light up all right, and then the unused buttons' lights go off as they should, but the screen still shows the logo and nothing else. Buttons don't respond, I tried every button, including Default Setup of course.

Do you have some kind of a method for clearing the unit's memory? It seems I pushed the scope into some kind of an endless loop. It seems, the Delayed Timebase doesn't work with very slow timebases, but the scope remembers the timebase and mode I was in. How can I reset the scope without returning it to the warranty service? Thanks,

Andor

Offline andor

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 01:07:07 pm »
PS. I managed to connect the scope via USB and EasyScopeX, and I can send the *RST command. It successfully turns off channel 2, I hear a click from the scope. But that doesn't make the scope function.

Offline andor

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 01:35:36 pm »
Another PS:
By using the LeCroy WaveAce programmer's manual, I figured a way to remote-control the scope. I reset the scope, then started an auto-calibration, then saved the status into memory slots 0 and 1, and this seemed to help. The commands:

*RST
*CAL?
*SAV 0
*SAV 1

This firmware is about half a year old. Please update it, we could use some extra functionality.

And if Siglent really reads this: an idea. A great firmware feature would be to offer intensity-graded display, as on more expensive scopes. Those scopes perform >50000 waveforms per second. This scope only <=2000 wf/s. But if I had an option to see the actually captured waveform, while the DSP/FPGA calculates a statistical intensity-graded waveform based on the last 50000 waveforms... It would be great.

You wouldn't even need much of a memory for that. You could simply add a value saying "okay, I want statistics based on X waveforms". Then, each new captured waveform would count as 1/X in the statistical memory. Would it be possible to implement such a thing? Or at least, as a function of the EasyScopeX software? Thanks,

Andor

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 01:44:37 am »
Hello!

Today I was measuring things with my Siglent 1072CML scope (7 months old, latest firmware), and after accidentally pushing the Horizontal Timebase knob, and so entering Delayed Mode at a fairly slow timebase, the scope froze completely. Complete lockup. Even restarting didn't help, the logo shows, the buttons light up all right, and then the unused buttons' lights go off as they should, but the screen still shows the logo and nothing else. Buttons don't respond, I tried every button, including Default Setup of course.

Do you have some kind of a method for clearing the unit's memory? It seems I pushed the scope into some kind of an endless loop. It seems, the Delayed Timebase doesn't work with very slow timebases, but the scope remembers the timebase and mode I was in. How can I reset the scope without returning it to the warranty service? Thanks,

Andor

1. In order to guarantee the delay mode results, the function  be closed at the slow timebase;
2. When you rotate the timebase or voltbase, the unit's memory will be cleared

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 02:25:56 am »
Another PS:
By using the LeCroy WaveAce programmer's manual, I figured a way to remote-control the scope. I reset the scope, then started an auto-calibration, then saved the status into memory slots 0 and 1, and this seemed to help. The commands:

*RST
*CAL?
*SAV 0
*SAV 1

This firmware is about half a year old. Please update it, we could use some extra functionality.

And if Siglent really reads this: an idea. A great firmware feature would be to offer intensity-graded display, as on more expensive scopes. Those scopes perform >50000 waveforms per second. This scope only <=2000 wf/s. But if I had an option to see the actually captured waveform, while the DSP/FPGA calculates a statistical intensity-graded waveform based on the last 50000 waveforms... It would be great.

You wouldn't even need much of a memory for that. You could simply add a value saying "okay, I want statistics based on X waveforms". Then, each new captured waveform would count as 1/X in the statistical memory. Would it be possible to implement such a thing? Or at least, as a function of the EasyScopeX software? Thanks,

Andor

Andor, thank you for your attention.
For your questions, make the following answers.
1.The *RSTcommand, restores the oscilloscope to its default settings:
 open the CH1, 1V/div, 500us/div, and close other functions
2.There is the *SAV command for the siglent oscilloscope , you can find the specific instructions in the SCPI manual.
3. The statistical intensity-graded waveform function will be achieved in the next generation of production

Offline Spunky

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 12:31:29 am »
Nice to see a manufacturer on any forum, it doesn't happen very often.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 05:08:12 pm »
I believe Extech is on here. Not sure about Fluke, Rigol, Tek, etc...
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 05:21:25 pm »
I believe Extech is on here. Not sure about Fluke, Rigol, Tek, etc...

Jeol from Tek has posted a couple times, however he's not a regular.

Offline ACvolts

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2013, 03:50:11 pm »
Nice to see Siglent has the Balls to hang in this forum.  Great Move Siglent!  :clap:

It's a good move.  Because the more individuals you help, the more your name moves up
in quality and service.  Then your sales increase based on information you didn't have before.

EEVBlog Forum members > WE ARE MANY!  :box:

Offline Rick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »
I recently started having a problem with the auto button of my SDS1102CML. When making measurements with the x10 setting of the probe it almost always expands the signal to fit the entire screen. But with the x1 setting of the probe most of the time it compresses the view (increases the time base and reduces the amplitude) so that you do not see any detail and have to adjust both the time base and the amplitude. Is there any particular reason for that?
P.S. This occurs mainly when visualizing the reference square wave of the scope. With an external signal there is no such problem.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:35:33 pm by Rick »

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 01:58:24 am »
I think what Siglent has done very well here is to take all the complaints very well, even though there is the language barrier, and to respond to our questions, complaints, etc, instead of the PR speak of most manufacturers.  :blah:
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2013, 02:17:58 am »
I recently started having a problem with the auto button of my SDS1102CML. When making measurements with the x10 setting of the probe it almost always expands the signal to fit the entire screen. But with the x1 setting of the probe most of the time it compresses the view (increases the time base and reduces the amplitude) so that you do not see any detail and have to adjust both the time base and the amplitude. Is there any particular reason for that?
P.S. This occurs mainly when visualizing the reference square wave of the scope. With an external signal there is no such problem.
Thank you for your attention,
this problem has been sloved, you can upgrade to the latest version from the http://www.siglent.com/cn/server/download.aspx?nodecode=105004002006

Offline Rick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2013, 09:32:53 am »
this problem has been sloved, you can upgrade to the latest version from the http://www.siglent.com/cn/server/download.aspx?nodecode=105004002006

It seems to me that the latest firmware version for my scope is 5.01.02.13 and this is the version I have.
But I shall check again with the English page.
Thank you.

Offline illyesgeza

• Contributor
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2013, 12:49:39 pm »
Anomalies on Siglent SDS1102CNL
here are some screen shots
The first screenshot was acquired in NORMAL triggermode (trigger source C1,FALLING  EDGE)
The signals are the SDA and SCL signals on I2C bus and was generated manualy
There are 9 clocks on SCL(CH2) and the data transimted on SDA(CH1) was 00(8bit)
The second screenshot ilustrate the problem
After captureing the signals I pushed the FORCE button on the scope
Nothing has changed
Pushing again and again the buttun the result is the same, but after the fourth
push apears the second screenshot (CH2 cleared)
After the fifth push apears the third screenshot, wich is the right one  (both traces cleared)
After that I generated again the signals
Nothing happend
Generating again and again, after 27 times apears the fourth screenshot.
HORROR! I have expected to see both traces changed. But as you see only CH2 is
good and CH1 wich was the trigger did not changed.
After a new (28.) attempt both chanels are displayed correctlly (screenshot 1)
I repeated this a lots of times and there is no logic in the number of attempts
The minimum was 6 and the maximum was 70
Some times after a good aquisition You can push the FORCE button as many times you
want the traces won't disapear.
You have to change the trigger mode to AUTO and only then the scope became to work normally
My opinion is that there are two bugs.
1.)The screen refreshing procedure is wrong
Here is how can be:
If the scope is in NORMAL triggering mode after a good acquisition the software
will update the screen from the memory. That's ok. But if arrive a new trigger
than the software MUST NOT UPDATE the screen untill the memory will not be filled with the new data.
The second bug is the FORCE button.
If the user push this buttun than in that very moment the current acquisition must
be aborted and a new sequence of triggering must be initiated and the screen must
be blanked and no update generated untill a new acquisition is ready.
In this way can be eliminated the same problem wich is genereted in case of using
the C1:WF acquisition command when you want to download the data from the scope.
Now, with the current firmware, if you try to use this command in NORMAL or
SINGLESHOT triggering mode your program will freeze.
It works only in AUTO mode, wich is USELESS!!!!
I don't understand this limitation. For this limitation you can't use the LONGMEM
mode on Siglent CML series scopes in case of SINGLESHOT triggering.
Again: I don't see what kind of hardware limitation can be to don't use LONGMEM
mode in SINGLESHOT triggering mod on Siglent CML series.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2013, 01:35:51 pm »

Exept that it is not repaired in version 5.01.02.13
(yes it works as long as keep DC coupling selected.)
This happend example if there is default settings before Auto setup or least no one have changed coupling to AC. )

How it works:

A:
Input setting DC
probe and scope set for probe factor 1x
Connect probe to 1kHz probe compensation output.

Works perfect,
Base line move to vertical center(if not there before), CH1 change to 1V/div and horizontal speed 250us/div 

B:
Input setting AC
probe and scope set for probe factor 1x

Autoset give poor result (fail)

Base line move to vertical center(if not there before) - this ok. Trigger level setting also ok, CH1 change to 2V/div (error) and horizontal speed 50ms/div (error), and signal is 1.5div high (-0.75 to +0.75div related to base line.)

C:
Input setting DC
probe and scope set for probe factor 10x

Works perfect,
Base line move to vertical center(if not there before), CH1 change to 1V/div and horizontal speed 250us/div. Signal is 3div high, ( 0 to +3div related to base line)

D:
Input setting AC
probe and scope set for probe factor 10x

Works perfect.
Base line move to vertical center(if not there before), CH1 change to 500mV/div and horizontal speed 250us/div.  Signal is 6 div high. (-3div to +3div related to baseline)

Result:
B fails, A,C and D ok.

Note. It looks like it is related to frequency. If I use external generator for 1kHz and 3V square also B ok. But only if frequency is enough different as scope own 1kHz. Scope own 1kHz is derived from scope clock.  If I use external 1kHz what is enough close scope own 1kHz result is same (fail) as with scope own 1kHz probe comp signal.  For more fun, result is same if I use external signal but adjusted enough close to what scope think is very close 10kHz and same with very close 100kHz.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:09:40 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline Rick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2013, 05:17:19 pm »

(yes it works as long as keep DC coupling selected.)

Right, I missed that point, Auto (in 1x mode) works in DC and not in AC. I did not play enough with it.

Note. It looks like it is related to frequency. If I use external generator for 1kHz and 3V square also B ok. But only if frequency is enough different as scope own 1kHz. Scope own 1kHz is derived from scope clock.  If I use external 1kHz what is enough close scope own 1kHz result is same (fail) as with scope own 1kHz probe comp signal.  For more fun, result is same if I use external signal but adjusted enough close to what scope think is very close 10kHz and same with very close 100kHz.

I had only 2 different crystal oscillators to play with: 10 Mhz and 50 Mhz so I could only visualize their signal.

So this is a firmware issue not a hardware one, at least there is hope that they will fix it in the future versions.
Thanks rf-loop.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf