Author Topic: SmartScope from LabNation versus a real bench oscilloscope - Rigol wins easily  (Read 17365 times)

Offline ConCat

I'm not quite sure why there might need to be a 'positive message' in Pascal's original post. There is no two ways about it; in this particular competition the Rigol wins hands down.

One very good reason for that has not been properly discussed, if at all; the Rigol's software cannot just 'leave you behind', the Smartscope's most certainly can.

Yes, I do have a Smartscope. I've never had a Rigol, but I have had a few such scopes and always passed them on to my customers because they needed something and because their bulk did not allow me to port them around 'just in case' as the Smartscope does.

Labnation do have an issue with the stability of their software, as can be seen from a visit to their forum. I have no doubt they're working had on it, but that is not a great deal of use to someone for whom the software continuously crashes on a perfectly acceptable and fully functioning Android tablet.

There does not have to be a positive message, there must be rigourous unsentimental analysis. That is what test equipment is supposed to offer.

The following users thanked this post: original_chisel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf