Author Topic: Solartron (Schlumberger) 7150 plus  (Read 3669 times)

Offline therealovy77Topic starter

Solartron (Schlumberger) 7150 plus
« on: June 08, 2013, 12:28:31 pm »
Hello! I am Ovidiu from Romania
I got an Solartron/Schlumberger 7150 Plus for free from a friend as defective (he said that someone tryied to repair it before i get it) and i want to try to repair it.
The problem is that it display FAIL 1. After some research on web, i find a schematic in an maintenence manual on Elektrotanya, and i find some differeces from it:
- MCU IC 103 is HD637B01V0P (but it has al sticker on it where writes 7150 / 5251 / BA) instead of HD68P01M0-1 (in schematic diagram)
- Non volatile memory IC105 was 93C46 adapted with some wires (instead of NC 7033 in schematic diagram), and IC 106' s place is empty, with no traces of soldering, like it was never before there.
Where can i find original memory (memories) for it (i can't find anything on web about original NC 7033)? Can these be replaced with someone else? If so, with what type and where can i find the hex files to program it (them)? And with what interface?
If it is necessary, i will post some pictures with the inside of it)
Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:39:37 pm by therealovy77 »

Offline softfoot

• Contributor
Re: Solartron (Schlumberger) 7150 plus
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 08:05:42 am »
Hi, I know I'm very late (only 8yrs!) replying to this topic ... but I'm desperate !

I have a 7150plus that seems to have failing NVRAMs - did you ever find a datasheet for the 7033's ?? I cant find anything at all :-(
and I assume they are "unobtainium".

Did you ever trace through the wiring of the 93C46 ? if so I'd love to see it.

Best regards
Dave
Grumpy Old Software/Hardware Engineering Git
Dave

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline marekm

• Contributor
Re: Solartron (Schlumberger) 7150 plus
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 07:25:59 pm »
The NC7033 and 93C46 serial protocols (even for read only) seem to be quite different, I don't think it can be done without some additional logic, or firmware modification to work with the new chip (send more bits for read command + address).  No traces of soldering may suggest the modification was made by the manufacturer when they could no longer buy the old chips.  Interestingly there was no GND pin in the 7033, I/O levels were TTL with only +/-5V supplies.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf