Author Topic: Suggestion choosing an hobby signal generator (jds6600, fy6800, UTG1005A)  (Read 3495 times)

Offline kirysTopic starter

• Kirys.it
Hi all
I know that there are many topic with this question but I need an opinion of some products I didn't see a review yet.
I need 2 channels but I don't need a large bandwidth and the price should be less that 200€.

At the begin I was considering the jds6000 (about 90€ 15mhz model) that looked "safe" (it's easy to add a linear power adapter) and good enough for me.
but I saw also these two:
  • the new fy6800 that has some nice features (modulation) and it's grounded (110€ 30mhz model).
  • and the uni-t UTG1005A that it's 165€ on amazon (but it's only 5mhz).
The fy6800 is new so there are still not many review around while the uni-t seems unknown even though its not a recent model (but looks of higher quality that the other two devices).
What do you think?
Thank you
K.

Offline Candid

• Regular Contributor
If the JDS6600 is good enough for your needs then I would get it. It is a good product for an affordable and very fair price.

The FY6800 is more ore less like the FY6600, no big enhancement and about the FY6600 you can find a long and informative thread at the EEVBlog forum. The JDS uses an external psu so can very easy get rid of the ghost voltage problem and it is still floating. I don't know the UNI-T UTG1005A.

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
I have a FY6800 (KKMoon branded).  It has an internal power supply w/IEC connector and fuse and the "phantom" voltage issue appears to have been fixed; those two details make it an easy choice over the FY6600.  There are a few quirks in the user interface but it's an extremely powerful AWG and does far more than I'll probably ever need.  I primarily work in audio, and the 6800 has extremely low distortion as well as sweep capabilities with an output which can be used to drive a scope for swept frequency measurements.  I also like the much better display vs. the older 2-line LCD models.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Suggestion choosing an hobby signal generator (jds6600, fy6800, UTG1005A)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 11:34:48 am »
  • and the uni-t UTG1005A that it's 165€ on amazon (but it's only 5mhz).
i know this is few months back, but if you have to include UTG line, there is a new model few weeks back $130 60MHz... UTG962 or UTG962E...
UNI-T UTG932/UTG962 200MSa/s Function Arbitrary Waveform Generator

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 11:37:11 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf