Author Topic: Tek THS720 scope bad screen  (Read 1098 times)

Offline mobyTopic starter

• Contributor
Tek THS720 scope bad screen
« on: May 10, 2018, 09:01:24 pm »
After a year of sitting in the bag, I pulled out the THS720 for a job - it appears to have suffered macular degeneration - a big circular area on the middle of the screen which has gone fuzzy and unreadable. Trolling back through past posts I found a discussion where someone fixed this by replacing the polarising filters. Unfortunately this is not the case for this LCD - the faulty area lies within the glass sandwich. Deciding I needed a new screen I bought something advertised as a LM32P10/LM32P101 on ebay. The Tek uses an LM32P10, what I received was an LM32P101. The screen does not work. Does anyone know if there is any incompatibility between the 10 and the 101 (they certainly look the same) or have I been simply sold a bad screen. The seller showed a picture of one of his screens in a THS7*0 but not turned on.
M

Offline mobyTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Tek THS720 scope bad screen
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 12:14:32 am »
I can now confirm absolutely that LM32P101 LCD screens WILL NOT work on THS720 scopes.
These are not compatible with LM32P10 screens and the many offerings of LM32P10/LM32P101 screens on ebay are bogus.
The one good point of this sorry saga is that the Chinese vendor I bought this thing off refunded my money (incl freight) and
paid return freight.
M

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf