Author Topic: Tekpower TP3005P - Quiet Time  (Read 1959 times)

Offline VariousPicklesTopic starter

Tekpower TP3005P - Quiet Time
« on: November 11, 2018, 08:50:23 pm »
I've recently gotten a Tekpower TP3005P programmable linear power supply and I've been quite happy with it, but practically each and every action or setting change elicits a joyous 100 decibel

BEEEEP!

from the supply.

This is especially annoying when querying/changing voltage/current/etc settings via serial over the USB interface.

I'm willing to void the crap out of the (brief) warranty by removing the buzzer, but could use some advice from any folks who have done something similar.

The closest thing I've found so far is a reviewer briefly mentioning the presence of the buzzer in the non-programmable sister supply to mine: https://youtu.be/Nfe28vGW6Ik?t=1080

Offline Jdub06

Re: Tekpower TP3005P - Quiet Time
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 05:37:05 pm »
The part he calls little buzzer will look very similar. Always plastic with metal visable through hole in top(probably through hole mounting as well). Find it unscrew board it's on. Put your finger on it as u hold it and flip board over, look through at your finger, see two solder points? You have an iron, solder and Flux right? Flux it get some leaded solder and melt some into each point. If they used lead free it 1)melts at higher temp 2)wont allow as long to remove 3)might be myth but old solder joints don't flow nice so let's just not take the chance.  I'd bet if u can clip the board with buzzer down and do as I say it will drop right off after adding leaded and then put the iron on each point. Alternate rapidly... Point is make them both liquid at the same time. There is a solder called low melt alloy that gives u a lot more time and is great with ics and lots of pins. I doubt u will need it here but it would make life easier and if u are looking for a bit of kit buy some and you will have it left for next time. Hope you figured this all out on your own but incase the. Ext person...

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 06:33:45 pm »
Alternatively, a piece of tape stuck over the top, or pushing some Bluetack into the hole will bring the volume down significantly.
Best Regards, Chris

Offline karamba

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 02:09:38 am »
Just got the same power supply and totally understand. The loud annoying beep is the only negative so far of the power supply. I will stick in some chewing gum maybe :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf