Author Topic: Issue with EEVBlog 121GW  (Read 443 times)

Feliksas and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online FeliksasTopic starter

Issue with EEVBlog 121GW
« on: April 21, 2024, 02:58:48 pm »
Well...today, this happened to me >:(

(this is an already desoldered banana socket panel)

To be honest, I haven't got the slightest idea where to find a replacement part (I'd imagine it is gonna be pretty specific to this particular multimeter), maybe Dave or someone else could help?

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Issue with EEVBlog 121GW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 04:09:12 pm »
ask  in the 121gw thread  or directly send a pm to Dave Jones    search  "EEvblog"  member

link to send him an email
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/pm/?sa=send;u=3
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 04:10:44 pm by coromonadalix »

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 08:04:14 pm »
The entire banana jack assembly ripped out of the meter through the front plastic without breaking the tabs in between?

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:24:04 am »
The entire banana jack assembly ripped out of the meter through the front plastic without breaking the tabs in between?
No, as I've specified under the image, this is an already desoldered assembly, the issue is with the guts of the first (and most used) connector falling right the heck out when pulling the probe out  >:( Therefore, there is nothing holding the contact plates together now, which is a recipe for intermittent contact, with the probe wiggling around in the socket...
The thing is, it actually broke off, like, during the first week of usage, I tried to glue it back together several times, which worked for a while...but enough is enough, the part needs to be replaced altogether.

Offline J-R

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:03:57 am »
Ignore the silly comment from DaJMasta; this is a known issue with some of the 121GW units and Dave will send you a replacement jack assembly.

Side note, UEi seemed to actually reduce the inside diameter of the jacks in later units for some reason.  For example, units starting with SN#18 are larger than units starting with SN#20.  Out of curiosity, what does your serial number start with?

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:34:19 am »
Out of curiosity, what does your serial number start with?

Will need to check when I'm home, but I do remember that the board revision is dated 2018

UPD: Yep, the serial is 1808xxxxx
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:20:16 pm by Feliksas »

Offline J-R

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 10:37:57 pm »
Here's the specific notification from Dave of the potentially impacted serial numbers:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/eevblog-121gw-multimeter-issues/msg2792850/#msg2792850

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf