Author Topic: Tektronix 465 Oscilloscope Troubleshooting  (Read 20457 times)

Offline DanielSpokaneTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tektronix 465 Oscilloscope Troubleshooting
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2018, 05:12:57 am »
Well I took a stab at making some feet. I used black hard rubber plugs and cut them down and drilled them out and installed a 6-32 nut. They aren't perfect but at a distance it's hard to tell the difference.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2018, 07:15:51 am »
Well I took a stab at making some feet. I used black hard rubber plugs and cut them down and drilled them out and installed a 6-32 nut. They aren't perfect but at a distance it's hard to tell the difference.
That's a good solution and they probably somewhat less delicate than the originals.

Where did you get them ? Chemical lab suppliers ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline DanielSpokaneTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2018, 06:59:54 pm »
I bought the hard rubber plugs at a local hardware store that sells lots of misc. stuff.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline n0dyjeff

• N0DY Electronics
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2018, 08:17:35 pm »
Any idea where I can get 2 replacement cabinet feet (See picture). Mine has 2 but is missing the 2 rear feet. The screws are there for the missing feet... but the feet are gone. Almost looks like a kid or someone unscrewed the 2 right before I found it and bought it. :) I searched for a bit on the internet but couldn't find anything in stock. I was thinking about making something....

I realize I'm coming late to the party, but I wanted to let the group know that I make and sell these bottom feet for the 465/465B/475/475A as well as the frequently broken rear cord wraps for the same scopes. I also sell feet for many other Tektronix instruments on my website https://www.n0dy.com. They're also available at a somewhat higher price on eBay. You can find them by searching on the Tektronix part number.

Jeff / N0DY

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2018, 08:27:15 pm »
Welcome to the forum Jeff.

Nice selection of Tek feet and bumpers.  :-+

Another rear cable wrap foot that is commonly broken or missing are those for HP1740.
Will you branch out into supplying for other brands ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline n0dyjeff

• N0DY Electronics
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2018, 08:44:49 pm »
Another rear cable wrap foot that is commonly broken or missing are those for HP1740.
Will you branch out into supplying for other brands ?
Hi tautech,

I'm definitely interested in other brands, I just don't happen to have any of them lying around.

What I usually do for a part that is new to me find someone willing to lend me an intact existing part, plus do test fittings and take pictures of prototype units. In exchange, I send them their original part back plus a complete set of the final product at no charge.

If you think there's a need for the HP1740, I'd definitely like to develop a solution!

Jeff/N0DY

Offline Slide_56

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2020, 02:26:16 am »
New member here.

Reviving this old thread, are the cap adapter boards still available somewhere?  That thread appears to be gone and I'm not finding them at OSHpark. 

Haven't yet begun to dig into the beast, but it's been sitting so long, cap replacement is inevitable.

Thanks.

Bill

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2020, 03:44:30 am »
New member here.

Reviving this old thread, are the cap adapter boards still available somewhere?  That thread appears to be gone and I'm not finding them at OSHpark. 

Haven't yet begun to dig into the beast, but it's been sitting so long, cap replacement is inevitable.

Thanks.

Bill

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Capacitor-Adapter-15-5mm-triangle-recapping-vintage-equipment-Tek-465-kit-x5/273254508468?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline oventech

• Contributor
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2020, 01:56:56 am »
Great thread. Have 2 475's to check out. Like that info on the PS waveforms. Will do. Thanks.

Offline WattsThat

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2020, 03:17:10 am »
The eBay boards certainly appear to be nice, universal design.

If you want to go the diy path, you can download the Gerber’s for the original pc boards in this thread:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/making-dave_k_s-capacitor-adapters-at-osh-park/msg1218875/#msg1218875

Scroll down in the thread to the Version 2 version boards as the drill holes don’t show up in V1. Just download the zip and point the OSH Park tool to the zip file and it’s off to the races. The small was $6.15/3 the large $8.05/3.

Offline jxjbsd

• Regular Contributor
  • 喜欢电子技术的网络工程师
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2020, 09:25:16 am »
I like the old Tek CRT oscilloscope。A few days ago, a 465 was repaired. Its brightness was out of control 。And an injured 468 :-//
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:28:26 am by jxjbsd »
Analog instruments can tell us what they know, digital instruments can tell us what they guess.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf