Author Topic: Tektronix TDS3000C - How to clear error log?  (Read 3798 times)

Offline ArcticGeekTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Tektronix TDS3000C - How to clear error log?
« on: March 16, 2016, 01:44:23 pm »
Hi folks,

I have a TDS3014C that I recently acquired from a nearby university that had a calibration error - the error message indicated that it needed a factory cal.   After a bit of struggling, I was finally able to get the unit to successfully pass the calibration routines and the unit now works great.

The only remaining issue is the error log is full of errors due to the calibration being out of whack, and I would like to clear those errors.  The older TDS5XX/6XX/7XX scopes required a GPIB command "err clear" to clear the error log, but that doesn't work on this scope. 

Does anyone know how to clear the error log on the TDS3000 series of scopes?   I know this same question has been asked on this forum and other forums several years ago with no answer, just wondering if anybody has learned anything since then.

Offline picburner

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Tektronix TDS3000C - How to clear error log?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 02:28:33 pm »
Perhaps here there might be an explanation of the problem:
http://www.hakanh.com/dl/TDSErrLog.htm

Offline ArcticGeekTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 03:33:28 pm »
Yea,

I had seen that website and the explanation for the TDS3000 and TDS3000B series, but it doesn't really address the TDS3000C series.  The website indicates that in order to use that utility, you need to use firmware level 3.39 (or earlier).  My TDS3000C has firmware level 4.31, and I'm not sure if 3.39 firmware would work or not.  The earliest firmware I've seen on a TDS3000C is level 4.21, and I'm afraid level 3.39 might crater on the "C" series.

Offline sixtimesseven

• Frequent Contributor
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 02:23:17 pm »
Yea,

I had seen that website and the explanation for the TDS3000 and TDS3000B series, but it doesn't really address the TDS3000C series.  The website indicates that in order to use that utility, you need to use firmware level 3.39 (or earlier).  My TDS3000C has firmware level 4.31, and I'm not sure if 3.39 firmware would work or not.  The earliest firmware I've seen on a TDS3000C is level 4.21, and I'm afraid level 3.39 might crater on the "C" series.

Have you ever tried to get the hack on to your 3014C?
I'm considering buying one but I'm not sure yet. The hack would be nice....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf