Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14830738 times)

mianos and 100 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #25450 on: February 16, 2019, 06:10:12 pm »
@Terry01 There is a vulcan at Southend on Sea airport, been there for many a year now and is kept in a ground taxiing condition and I have actually stood underneath it while they started the engines and it is very noisy and because of its sheer bulk, very dark as it blocks out light..

Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #25451 on: February 16, 2019, 06:11:48 pm »
To be fair, the ordnance is at least as significant as the platform.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25452 on: February 16, 2019, 06:19:39 pm »
@Terry01 There is a vulcan at Southend on Sea airport, been there for many a year now and is kept in a ground taxiing condition and I have actually stood underneath it while they started the engines and it is very noisy and because of its sheer bulk, very dark as it blocks out light..

I flew over that in a Cessna about 20 years ago on the way to McDonalds.

Action shot replying to a post I made earlier. Wera bottle opener FTW:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Warning: Effing NSFW NerdRant!
« Reply #25453 on: February 16, 2019, 06:21:10 pm »
...Those brains are all in London and the surrounding areas and we voted to stay in EU.

The issue is with towns. Towns containing people living in a 1940s we won the war monoculture still. Alas they are all too young and stupid to remember why we had a war and are quite happy to act it out again with us being the bad guys.

Fun fact for those who don’t know. The Uk started the EU!!  :palm:
If by "The UK" you mean "The East India Tea Company"... yeah. All the core signatories were from entities whose business and political ties evolved directly from their commerce network. Shocking how they still influence international culture 200 years later.  :o

We have the same moronic monoculture over here... generations now so busy proclaiming how great 'murrica is, we forget to protect the essential freedoms that made it so.  :palm:

Takes a lot of digging into European history. Basically as a result of the UN being created and the European continent being sliced up, this allowed the original euro trade blocs to be created. The UK provided security, bankrolled most of those (this is actually one of the reasons we had a post war recession!) and provided diplomatic support to make sure that they went in a direction friendly to us. Also we drafted ECHR. Then we cruised in when everyone was getting on nicely, tried to assert dominance and started being a wanker so now decided to leave because the party were just ashamed at us.

Basically we drafted, funded and shaped it at a political level but didn’t join in the fun until much later. And idiots think it was a bad thing. The funny bit is that we will only be leaving some of it. Just enough to bury all the funding and trade advantages. Bye bye Cornwall and Wales.

Alas it may be for something more political. Putin is getting a bit problematic on the east and I don’t think the UK gov want to get involved in that one. Plus they have some dirt on our political elite I reckon. 

Patrick Stewart did a skit on the ECHR which shows the mentality very well:

https://youtu.be/ptfmAY6M6aA

I suggest you just quit Facebook though.

Really everyone is afraid of the “United States of Europe” as we will end up being Texas (no offence to mnem there ;) )

I'm not afraid of that. I don’t mind spending euros here.

i'm not the least bit offended; there's a reason I'm trying to escape. Texas is toxic in every way that matters; environmentally, socially, spiritually, intellectually toxic.

EVERYBODY needs to quit FuckwitBook. It is a major vector in the spread of the "Texas Disease"; like above, so busy beating their chests and proclaiming how great it is here, not only do they not notice that they've been sold like cattle lock stock and two smoking barrels to the highest slaughterhouse bidder, they rave and cheer the auctioneers and the guy with the killing hammer.  :palm:

Is that a cut from "Blunt Talk", or just a skit featuring some of the same actors? I have to admit... The show did come as quite a surprise to me, being am American production. :-+

https://youtu.be/jLl17YXrAZY

Did you hear? Patrick Stewart is reprising his role as Jean-Luc Picard; in a show that is supposed to be "Life after the Enterprise". We'll see what emerges; after watching the above brief documentary (it's actually a pretty concise distillation of what I've personally garnered from my own "depth-first" research) of the moronic "Executive decision-Making" responsible for the current death-spiral this icon of my childhood has taken... I have little hope. And THAT is what was key to the Star Trek universe... the main thing they were selling: Hope.

It's like they took all the dumb stuff everybody made fun of, and instead of fixing what was wrong they just magnified and reveled in that stupidity. Discovery is Star Trek made by and for fuckwits.  It's like they learned fuck all from what Andromeda turnerd into. |O

As usual... once the rich fuckheads and the lawyers get involved, everything turns into a clusterfuck.  :palm:

mnem
"I dunno... you think I said fuck enough times? Maybe just one more fucking time. Aww, fuck it; have another fuck on me. I'm such a fucking asshole..."  :-DD
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25454 on: February 16, 2019, 06:26:20 pm »
Busted leads while measuring things inside fast connectors. Hand made grind on the tip :P

Yup. Another "tzzzt!" under your belt!  :-+

mnem
moo?
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25455 on: February 16, 2019, 06:29:02 pm »
@mnem:

I think that has the highest fucks per word on any post I've seen on there and I agree with all of it. Which is depressing  :-DD

It all went to shit either during or after "Enterprise". I haven't decided exactly when. But yes, hope it was and TnG was what I dosed up with in the late 80s and early 90s. In fact I bunked work to go and watch Generations at the cinema  :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25456 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:43 pm »
Interesting fact about the F-15. it has 100 air-to-air victories and no F-15 has ever been shot down in combat. The Israelis have the most victories and the only documented pure "gun only" kill. All others were missile shots.

TEA related, sort of. I am an admitted neat freak. I hate senseless clutter and I hate dirt. That extends to my vehicles as well as my living space. I keep the vehicles clean (weather permitting) outside as well as inside and maintained. I regularly receive complements from complete strangers when I drive the old 2004 Civic. They can't believe it's 15 years old and has 191K miles.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that when I show pictures of the benches they are neat. Yep, unless I got something ripped apart that's the way they are. After all, they are in my living room....not in separate "back room". And how do I keep all that crap from looking like the dust bowl? With these. Once a week. Takes about 15-20 minutes to do the whole place. They work great and much more effective than other duster I've ever used. I don't know if they are available in other countries but if they are I suggest you check them out.

Ah-HAH! A closet "Mr Mom"...   >:D

With all due respect... I hate those things. I have them, and I've used them. A few times. Mostly to get the dust off the top of my ceiling fans; otherwise, I just bring the air hose and the telescoping blowgun in from the garage. :-DD

mnem
FUCK dusting. With a capital FUCK.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25457 on: February 16, 2019, 07:02:34 pm »
@mnem:   I think that has the highest fucks per word on any post I've seen on there and I agree with all of it. Which is depressing  :-DD

It all went to shit either during or after "Enterprise". I haven't decided exactly when. But yes, hope it was and TnG was what I dosed up with in the late 80s and early 90s. In fact I bunked work to go and watch Generations at the cinema  :-DD

Well... I just had to get that the eff out of my system.  :-DD

But I too skipped work to go see Generations in theater; later I read of how Stewart, a Shakespearean-trained international star of screen and stage, sucked it up and took direction from... The Kirk Unit. Bless his heart; a true pro, through and through.  :-+

But I still enjoyed it; and just recently received the Original Cast BluRay Set for Xmas after adding it to my Amazon Wish list.  ;D

In all honesty, I really enjoyed the movies from the Kelvin Timeline... Chris Pine's Kirk was very reminiscent of one of my favorite ScFi characters of all time, John Chricton. And he played it with very much the same easygoing "everyman hero rising to the occasion" attitude that has kept Ben Browder in front of the camera despite starring in two shows that were deliberately killed off because of politics even though they were surprise hits. Arguably BECAUSE they were surprise hits.

Well, I enjoyed the first two Kelvin Timeline movies. The last one was mostly derivative blarff in a blatant SJW wrapper. But at least it was selling hope again.  :-+

mnem
Currently on my wishlist.   ;)

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25458 on: February 16, 2019, 07:03:06 pm »
....I need to go to RAF Marham and capture a few more Tornadoes before the cease flying at the end of the month in favour of the J35's  :palm:

A bit of genuine *Neomys' content in that in the later versions!

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25459 on: February 16, 2019, 07:11:32 pm »
So, has anyone access to a circuit diagram for the HP6825A or does someone own one?
I would be rather sad to add it to the 'can't be done with current resources' pile.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #25460 on: February 16, 2019, 07:13:09 pm »

It took me a good minute to find the Vulcan because of the camo paint. I was about ready to post...."What Vulcan?"  :-DD :-DD :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #25461 on: February 16, 2019, 07:17:26 pm »
@mnem:

I think that has the highest fucks per word on any post I've seen on there and I agree with all of it. Which is depressing  :-DD

OK you two....LET IT ALL OUT. Don't hold back!  :P :P :P :-DD

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #25462 on: February 16, 2019, 07:21:59 pm »
Interesting fact about the F-15. it has 100 air-to-air victories and no F-15 has ever been shot down in combat. The Israelis have the most victories and the only documented pure "gun only" kill. All others were missile shots.

TEA related, sort of. I am an admitted neat freak. I hate senseless clutter and I hate dirt. That extends to my vehicles as well as my living space. I keep the vehicles clean (weather permitting) outside as well as inside and maintained. I regularly receive complements from complete strangers when I drive the old 2004 Civic. They can't believe it's 15 years old and has 191K miles.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that when I show pictures of the benches they are neat. Yep, unless I got something ripped apart that's the way they are. After all, they are in my living room....not in separate "back room". And how do I keep all that crap from looking like the dust bowl? With these. Once a week. Takes about 15-20 minutes to do the whole place. They work great and much more effective than other duster I've ever used. I don't know if they are available in other countries but if they are I suggest you check them out.

Ah-HAH! A closet "Mr Mom"...   >:D

With all due respect... I hate those things. I have them, and I've used them. A few times. Mostly to get the dust off the top of my ceiling fans; otherwise, I just bring the air hose and the telescoping blowgun in from the garage. :-DD

mnem
FUCK dusting. With a capital FUCK.

And with respect in return. If you must resort to compressed air to remove the dust that means your dusting interval is much too long. Need to shorten the frequency by a few months.  >:D :palm: :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25463 on: February 16, 2019, 07:48:59 pm »
Years.  :o Like I said, fuck dusting. :-DD

My wife is the same; in general, we dust when we move in and when we're packing to move out.  :palm: Pretty much anything "dusting" done between those two points happens with angry nitrogen/oxygen molecules.  :-DD :-DD

We've got a system to divide this much-loathed chore fairly: I knock it loose with the airgun, she follows behind me with the shop-vac sucking up the "rain". It actually is a pretty effective tactic; the weak spot is finding an afternoon where we both have the requisite GAF at the same time.  ;)

mnem
This usually only happens when mom-in-law is due for a visit...  :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:57:34 pm by mnementh »

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25464 on: February 16, 2019, 07:55:33 pm »
It took me a good minute to find the Vulcan because of the camo paint. I was about ready to post...."What Vulcan?"  :-DD :-DD :-DD

I know, right? That pic really puts the damned thing in perspective. :o I had to go back and look for it; I didn't see it, and it's bigger than the commuter jets that you see there first off.   :palm:

mnem
*House-cleaning*

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25465 on: February 16, 2019, 07:58:57 pm »

I flew over that in a Cessna about 20 years ago on the way to McDonalds.

Action shot replying to a post I made earlier. Wera bottle opener FTW:

So you didn't fancy a Big Mac from a McDonalds local to you then?  :-DD

So its true, Wera do have a tool for every occasion  :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25466 on: February 16, 2019, 08:13:53 pm »
It was one of life’s weird adventures I went on  :-+

We’re do advent calendars too!

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25467 on: February 16, 2019, 08:17:46 pm »
@mnem:   I think that has the highest fucks per word on any post I've seen on there and I agree with all of it. Which is depressing  :-DD

Well... I just had to get that the eff out of my system.  :-DD

But I too skipped work to go see Generations in theater; later I read of how Stewart, a Shakespearean-trained international star of screen and stage, sucked it up and took direction from... The Kirk Unit. Bless his heart; a true pro, through and through.  :-+

mnem
Currently on my wishlist.   ;)

Of course he is, what else did you expect? I mean he is a Brit after all  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25468 on: February 16, 2019, 08:21:18 pm »

Yes it is rather well hidden down in the corner, it used to stand alongside the railway track before they built the new terminal there. They have open days a few times a year where for a fee you can sit in the cockpit.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
OT: Escaping Texas - The Nutshell
« Reply #25469 on: February 16, 2019, 08:37:19 pm »

mnem

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #25470 on: February 16, 2019, 09:56:12 pm »
That's just what I remember the Vulcan doing when it was in active service unlike how it was flown by the vulcan to the trust before it took its last flight.

On the last flight offshore from Weston-super-Mud, they stood that heavy bomber on its wingtip. Shouldn't be possible, but they did it!
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #25471 on: February 16, 2019, 10:44:49 pm »
Amazed at how nice this unit is and works. Plenty more details to follow.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #25472 on: February 16, 2019, 10:47:01 pm »
Colour me impressed. I just shot off a support ticket and expected a reply in the next few days. It's been processed and suitably dealt with within two minutes on a saturday by what looks to be a human. That's not just satisfactory, that's outright impressive.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #25473 on: February 16, 2019, 10:50:22 pm »
Amazed at how nice this unit is and works. Plenty more details to follow.
So it seems your strategy is not to build a complete lab, but to just buy all the test equipment.

I like that it doesn't look terribly beat up like many do.

The following users thanked this post: Inverted18650

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #25474 on: February 16, 2019, 10:57:28 pm »
Colour me impressed. I just shot off a support ticket and expected a reply in the next few days. It's been processed and suitably dealt with within two minutes on a saturday by what looks to be a human. That's not just satisfactory, that's outright impressive.

What strange parallel Universe are you actually from  :o My last non support ticket took over two weeks to be replied too by a non bot :horse:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf