Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14817491 times)

Carl_Smith and 56 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #7700 on: February 19, 2018, 12:45:39 am »
Doh too late. I just ordered a bag of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173159687936

Thanks for the offer anyway.
Well, the ones I was referring to are threaded. Would have given them away as I have about 40.
Stick a message in the Buy/Sell/Wanted section, someone might have a need for them?

Noooo! I would have done that for a reknownd colleague/co-sufferer, but I am not so eager to part with them for other reasons. They are here and they don't eat bread, that's ok.

Next thing you'll suggest is that I sell my milspec relays just because I have got a box of them? Booo!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:47:38 am by Neomys Sapiens »

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7701 on: February 19, 2018, 12:46:42 am »
I was delving into the NEETS navy course from the fine selection of reading material in this fine forum. It mentions their standard impedance bridge, the ESI 250DE, and it just so happens that I'd already put a bid on this puppy as being the most reasonable solution to obtaining an LCR meter for cheap. I love old stuff, and am a little.... special so you probably have to be me for this to seem reasonable. Also, I hadn't found the brilliant thread here about the LCR meter saga. That looks like it will end up being a truly worthwhile project for me to have a stab at.

I'm a superstitious soul, it appears, and haven't even looked for the schematics and manuals yet, otherwise I'm sure to lose the auction, but be aware: If you have them already, please find them for I will be asking! Please also don't tell me, tho, due to the aforementioned jinxing.

Nice  piece of kit buddy!  :)
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

The following users thanked this post: GerryBags

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #7702 on: February 19, 2018, 01:09:43 am »
I checked Amazon again and these DPS5015 units are still being listed at £3.99 - 9 in stock (well, there were until I bought 5 of them, now there's only 4 :) )

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07433NF8F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Thanks for the heads up, just made a purchase, nothing overboard though,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072MCXR7W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N5MPKH1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and these at the same time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MRAEY6M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071D7LJ31/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's just you tea-timers getting this; I can SEE all the same deals, but I can't touch them... big red letters saying " This item does not ship to the United States. "  |O

Same search on the US site shows nothing even vaguely resembling such deals from either brand.  :-\

Y'all need to git 'em while they last... lucky gits. ;)

mnem
moo...?

Well that really makes a change, its usually us Brits who get the bum deals with almost everything normally so very expensive when compared to what you pay over in the states.
I had a look as well - on the UK and US sites.  No joy.

And to add insult to injury ... have a look at what is on offer on Amazon in Australia: www.amazon.com.au
 - firstly on range of products available ... and then (if you can find anything) the price.

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7703 on: February 19, 2018, 02:20:16 am »
I was delving into the NEETS navy course from the fine selection of reading material in this fine forum. It mentions their standard impedance bridge, the ESI 250DE, and it just so happens that I'd already put a bid on this puppy as being the most reasonable solution to obtaining an LCR meter for cheap. I love old stuff, and am a little.... special so you probably have to be me for this to seem reasonable. Also, I hadn't found the brilliant thread here about the LCR meter saga. That looks like it will end up being a truly worthwhile project for me to have a stab at.

I'm a superstitious soul, it appears, and haven't even looked for the schematics and manuals yet, otherwise I'm sure to lose the auction, but be aware: If you have them already, please find them for I will be asking! Please also don't tell me, tho, due to the aforementioned jinxing.

Here you go. Should be close enough.
http://www.ko4bb.com/getsimple/index.php?id=download&file=06_Misc_Test_Equipment/ESI/ESI_250DE_Impedance_Bridge_Maintenance_Section.pdf
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline GerryBags

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7704 on: February 19, 2018, 02:37:21 am »
Thanks, Vgkid! I really hope I win it now. ;D

Offline lowimpedance

• Super Contributor
  • Watts in an ohm?
« Reply #7705 on: February 19, 2018, 02:47:54 am »
Thanks, Vgkid! I really hope I win it now. ;D
You should since I already have mine  :D
The odd multimeter or 2 or 3 or 4...or........can't remember !.

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #7706 on: February 19, 2018, 05:55:53 am »
I was delving into the NEETS navy course from the fine selection of reading material in this fine forum. It mentions their standard impedance bridge, the ESI 250DE, and it just so happens that I'd already put a bid on this puppy as being the most reasonable solution to obtaining an LCR meter for cheap.

Very cool. Looks to be in great condition, too.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline GerryBags

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7707 on: February 19, 2018, 06:18:39 am »
Very cool. Looks to be in great condition, too.

It does indeed. In fact, considering it's probably older than I am, it has weathered the years better than me by the looks of things. I was never able to find someone to look after me that well!  :D

E2+: Maybe if I was as useful....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:21:27 am by GerryBags »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7708 on: February 19, 2018, 09:44:42 am »
Are you waiting for Royal Mail to bring you something?

You might be waiting a long long time.

Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7709 on: February 19, 2018, 09:46:27 am »
I'm not even going to watch that. That's just going to make me sad  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7710 on: February 19, 2018, 09:49:59 am »
Well its very enlightening
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #7711 on: February 19, 2018, 10:50:58 am »
Well its very frightening

Indeed.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7712 on: February 19, 2018, 10:52:47 am »
Well its very frightening

Indeed.
And theres more

Who let Murphy in?

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #7713 on: February 19, 2018, 11:05:31 am »
I didn't make it too far into that last video....  I don't think I want to even start another.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7714 on: February 19, 2018, 11:07:42 am »
Its not all about cigarettes
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #7715 on: February 19, 2018, 11:09:05 am »
I ditched the Rigol scope. I just bought the replacement for the Rigol AWG today and will shift that when it arrives. Then buy an RF signal generator (with a calibrated attenuator).

I do that all the time. I keep getting zeners and 1n4148's chucked in the sweepings tray. Solder one in and hmm, not powering up. Oh now wait that's because it's a 9v zener  :palm:
I could have sworn you sold the AWG, but apparently even I can be mistaken  ;D  I guess I interpreted selling "the Rigol" as selling the AWG, as I heard you talking about doing that before.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Anritsu Galvanometer
« Reply #7716 on: February 19, 2018, 12:05:28 pm »
May be its time to start another new more refined TCE thread ? ....(T)est (C)omponent (A)nonymous ...   :-DD

NOS Anritsu galvanometer.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #7717 on: February 19, 2018, 03:06:38 pm »
Nothing so glamorous here, I'm afraid.  Just a couple of offerings from Dick Smith, some Micronta and one from Wilbac (with the automotive scale).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:08:57 pm by Brumby »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7718 on: February 19, 2018, 03:28:06 pm »
Got asked if I want to go to a conference in US earlier. Think I will decline now  ;D

Replying to the comment about micronta; nowt wrong with that. I’ve got me an analogue micronta on the way. Although the idiot sending it sent it to the wrong person so whether I’ll ever see it or not I don’t know.  I have been assured that the person who received it is shipping it to me (yeah right) :palm:

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7719 on: February 19, 2018, 03:46:47 pm »
Sheeeit... at least your government gives a damn about fakes.

Over here, unless the fake is sold as a counterfeit of some product by a big corporation who has the influence to make a federal case, it's pretty much buyer beware. For EVERYTHING, even food.

What do you expect from a government that sold a blanket exemption from the Clean Water Act to the Fracking industry? So how shocking is it to find that more than half the crops grown in California (our largest agricultural producer now) are irrigated with... you guessed it... fracking wastewater.

Over here, a gun manufacturer can be sued for making an automatic weapon that backfires and burns the fuckwit who bought it, but not for "Authorized Distributors" who put them in the hands of whack jobs that go and shoot up a whole school full of kids. (18 such mass shootings THIS YEAR, BTW)

Over here, if you have a car with a critical safety flaw that catches on fire and burns people alive, there's no liability for that car aside from what the survivors can sue out of the manufacturer. If it doesn't cost them more in lawsuits than it costs them to fix the problem, they'll keep right on producing firebombs labeled as 4-door sedans, and it's LEGAL.

mnem
Pants are highly overrated.

Personally I think you're wrong about our government caring about us, it seems to be more about the lost revenue that they miss out on in terms of import duty and VAT etc, in fact they mention about the amount of money that the government is missing out on, as in the case of the box full of fake DVD's where the seller had a declared customs value of just $20, I think the rest is really smoke and mirrors.  :rant:
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7720 on: February 19, 2018, 03:51:27 pm »
Got asked if I want to go to a conference in US earlier. Think I will decline now  ;D

Replying to the comment about micronta; nowt wrong with that. I’ve got me an analogue micronta on the way. Although the idiot sending it sent it to the wrong person so whether I’ll ever see it or not I don’t know.  I have been assured that the person who received it is shipping it to me (yeah right) :palm:
I'll open it up and check it first, if it's any good you can whistle for it  :-DD

Actually I had a parcel sent to me that was destined for someone else, the seller paid me £5 via PayPal for my trouble in forwarding it to the correct person and a prepaid address label as well, so you can live in hope.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7721 on: February 19, 2018, 04:24:17 pm »
Hahaha. Not sure I'll see it. I think it's in outer Bumblefuck. They're probably poking it with a stick to see if it blows up at the moment.

My function generator is coming by UPS. That means it'll not get delivered and then turn up at the local "off license" which is a front for the local knocking shop. Not the sort of place you want to turn up at.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7722 on: February 19, 2018, 04:34:15 pm »
Hahaha. Not sure I'll see it. I think it's in outer Bumblefuck. They're probably poking it with a stick to see if it blows up at the moment.

My function generator is coming by UPS. That means it'll not get delivered and then turn up at the local "off license" which is a front for the local knocking shop. Not the sort of place you want to turn up at.
Wow, you have a knocking shop  :wtf:
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7723 on: February 19, 2018, 04:40:27 pm »
Yep. It has been shut down about 3 times in the last decade or so. They gave up after the last raid in 2009: https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/isleworth-brothel-raided-undercover-cops-6002160

Hate picking up stuff from there.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7724 on: February 19, 2018, 04:48:51 pm »
Yep. It has been shut down about 3 times in the last decade or so. They gave up after the last raid in 2009: https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/isleworth-brothel-raided-undercover-cops-6002160

Hate picking up stuff from there.
It all happens in Isleworth, sounds like a real shit hole, mind you, it could the same round here for all I know, once I'm indoors I give a rats arse for what goes on outside as long as they leave me and family and property alone.
Who let Murphy in?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf