Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14913471 times)

SingleBitError and 236 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #13575 on: July 23, 2018, 05:04:20 am »
I've spent too much time on this - especially for what it is.  Justification for efforts up to this point: Entertainment value for EEVblog members, but I have to wrap it up.

Artwork is done.  Just have to go through the production process.

TEApproved for production :-+
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #13576 on: July 23, 2018, 05:09:39 am »
Now I'm just itching to put "TEApproved" on there!    :-DD

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #13577 on: July 23, 2018, 05:41:05 am »
CAT rating: mild disinterest

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, mnementh

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #13578 on: July 23, 2018, 06:24:17 am »

Oh my :-DD

Now, that sounds like a cat.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #13579 on: July 23, 2018, 07:42:26 am »

...unless of course you leave it on the bench with the leads hanging off.  THAT may generate some interest.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #13581 on: July 23, 2018, 11:27:20 am »
Replacement BNC's for the 465 will be delivered today. USPS typically shows up between 11:00AM and Noon.

1 week from Greece to here. Not bad.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #13582 on: July 23, 2018, 11:54:24 am »
@Brumby!!! Now look what you have done - I want to go and get a cra**y meter and personalise the front! To be never. used. again.
(Forgive me -  I have just thought about how much of my other gear that happens to) :scared: Ban that evil thought >:D
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13583 on: July 23, 2018, 12:00:15 pm »
Replacement BNC's for the 465 will be delivered today. USPS typically shows up between 11:00AM and Noon.

Not bad. I've got three things in Limbo at the moment. This one makes me laugh, my HP 54645D:

No UPS, you're not going to be able to get it from Lincoln to me today  :palm:

Might see it tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #13584 on: July 23, 2018, 12:04:24 pm »
@Brumby!!! Now look what you have done - I want to go and get a cra**y meter and personalise the front! To be never. used. again.
(Forgive me -  I have just thought about how much of my other gear that happens to) :scared: Ban that evil thought >:D

OMG!  What have I done?

Forget about CERN creating a black hole .... I've created a rabbit hole!!!!!!!    :scared:

In my defence - I was just responding to front panel deformation ... it was never an evil plan.  Honest!!

The following users thanked this post: VK5RC

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13585 on: July 23, 2018, 12:35:21 pm »

Not bad. I've got three things in Limbo at the moment. This one makes me laugh, my HP 54645D:

Depends when it was in Lincoln midnight? You could be surprised yet
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #13586 on: July 23, 2018, 12:46:57 pm »

The X10 attenuator still hasn't left Arizona. The seller generated a tracking number on Friday but still hasn't delivered it to USPS. If it doesn't go today I'm gonna send him a "What the hell?"  :-//

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13587 on: July 23, 2018, 02:27:24 pm »

Depends when it was in Lincoln midnight? You could be surprised yet

picked up 11:43 today unfortunately. still showing as delivery today so it's just broken.

Offline Ero-Shan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13588 on: July 23, 2018, 03:03:51 pm »
Let me introduce myself: I'm an idiot.

Though switching off my TEA for a while, I kept looking at the 'bay every now and then for the odd occasion. Like, e.g., a HP 3300A generator with 3302 phase lock, real cheap.
And then turning up 20 minutes before the auction's end just to see that I'm already 10 minutes late - simply didn't remember the time correctly.  :palm: I could have lived with that. I can live with losing a bid, no problem. But that beauty went for lousy 10.50 €! I could either have had it for a very reasonable price or made the eventual owner pay something for it!

Gah! This has ruined a whole week.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #13589 on: July 23, 2018, 03:17:59 pm »
Ohhh.  I know that pain.

Not from getting the time wrong, but by thinking the price would reach uncomfortable heights ... and it didn't.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #13590 on: July 23, 2018, 03:36:30 pm »

Delivered. On time.  :-+

Offline Ero-Shan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13591 on: July 23, 2018, 03:46:58 pm »
It's not easy catching up with this thread after ignoring it for just a few weeks. What was written long ago in your timeline is only some hours ago in mine.

Yet I feel the urge to show you my bookshelf of data books and user's manuals. Of course I have several GB on the computer, too. But I still prefer real paper whenever I have a choice.

Two boards carry two rows each, depth-stacked. Maybe you spot a bunch of old socks: Before being thrown out, they have a last duty to perform: serve as a cleaning rag for grimy gear.  8)

Looking at the picture I can see an unused space - gotta add another board! This didn't occur to me at all while actually standing before the shelf.  |O

Online mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #13592 on: July 23, 2018, 04:39:44 pm »

Lemme know if you want a red one to demonize similarly...  :-DD

The only way I could get it past SWMBO is if was income generating.  If I were to do otherwise, I might suddenly disappear...  :scared:

I weren't planning on it costing you anything...  :-DMM I was going to drop it in the post just for the sake of the joke.  :bullshit:

I've spent too much time on this - especially for what it is.  Justification for efforts up to this point: Entertainment value for EEVblog members, but I have to wrap it up.

Artwork is done.  Just have to go through the production process.

TEApproved for production :-+

"TEApproved" AND "TinkerDwagon Certifiable"...  :-+  :-DD  >:D

Oh my :-DD

Now, that sounds like a cat.

Cats know EXACTLY how we feel. They don't give a damn, but they know.

OMG!  What have I done?

Forget about CERN creating a black hole .... I've created a rabbit hole!!!!!!!    :scared:

In my defence - I was just responding to front panel deformation ... it was never an evil plan.  Honest!!

Says who? MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  >:D

Let me introduce myself: I'm an idiot.

Though switching off my TEA for a while, I kept looking at the 'bay every now and then for the odd occasion. Like, e.g., a HP 3300A generator with 3302 phase lock, real cheap.
And then turning up 20 minutes before the auction's end just to see that I'm already 10 minutes late - simply didn't remember the time correctly.  :palm: I could have lived with that. I can live with losing a bid, no problem. But that beauty went for lousy 10.50 €! I could either have had it for a very reasonable price or made the eventual owner pay something for it!

Gah! This has ruined a whole week.

GIXEN.COM IS. YOUR. FRIEND.

They remember so you don't have to.  :-+

It's not easy catching up with this thread after ignoring it for just a few weeks. What was written long ago in your timeline is only some hours ago in mine.

Yet I feel the urge to show you my bookshelf of data books and user's manuals. Of course I have several GB on the computer, too. But I still prefer real paper whenever I have a choice.

Two boards carry two rows each, depth-stacked. Maybe you spot a bunch of old socks: Before being thrown out, they have a last duty to perform: serve as a cleaning rag for grimy gear.  8)

Looking at the picture I can see an unused space - gotta add another board! This didn't occur to me at all while actually standing before the shelf.  |O

Yeah, that's how you wind up like me; with 20-odd boxes of dead trees squirreled away in garage, under desks and backs of closets, (some of which haven't been opened since the move before last) that you need to sort through before you move.  :palm: |O :scared:

I love books... but like all personal possessions, they're a trap.

mnem
“Moderation in all things, especially moderation.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13593 on: July 23, 2018, 05:23:14 pm »
So true. Having massive shite clear out here. Need some space to store our cans of beans and water for brexit.  Found a TTI power supply I forgot I had! Unfortunately needs some repair work as last owner blew it up.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13594 on: July 23, 2018, 05:27:10 pm »
So true. Having massive shite clear out here. Need some space to store our cans of beans and water for brexit.  Found a TTI power supply I forgot I had! Unfortunately needs some repair work as last owner blew it up.
Would that person be you by any chance? [emoji6],

Just got home today after shopping, official MPH is 12. We so need to sort our road network.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13595 on: July 23, 2018, 05:35:33 pm »
Wasn’t me actually. This was one I bought a couple of years ago and put in the cupboard. Outputs 48v all the time. Think the driver transistor or pass transistors are popped.

Road network is fine. Too many people. Hopefully this hot spell will finish a few off  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13596 on: July 23, 2018, 06:16:17 pm »
Nah, A12 is closed due to a serious accident so everything is diverted through the town  :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13597 on: July 23, 2018, 06:24:58 pm »
Probably all the bloody holes in it caused a crash!

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13598 on: July 23, 2018, 06:57:40 pm »
That my friend is a real possibility  :-DD

Seriously it can only be matter of time before we start getting some fatal accidents as a result of these potholes, they are appearing all over fast roads like dual carriageways and Motorways now and speed they get hit at makes it a lottery if the vehicle is always going to be in a stable condition after hitting one.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 09:27:45 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13599 on: July 23, 2018, 09:45:01 pm »
Yep indeed. I’ve actually had to replace both front arms on my Fiat in the last two years.

This pisses me off. There’s another Telequipment D83 turned up on eBay. But it’s a junker and the guy wants collection only from Horsham. It’s been properly fuckerized but the plugins appear to be in good condition. Very annoying. Not paying £30 for it. He has a boxed TV timebase plugin as well but that is absolutely no use to me and he won’t ship either. PITA. I’d pay £20 for both max. I’ll watch it go round a couple of times. Complete untested D83 is worth £15 and a working one £30.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 09:47:29 pm by bd139 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf