Author Topic: The Siglent SDG2042X Thread  (Read 249936 times)

gossamer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: The Siglent SDG2042X Thread
« Reply #1075 on: April 16, 2019, 07:29:22 pm »

Just in case Easywave was causing issues there, you could double check by creating the two-tone wave in another way.
I wrote a simple script for GNU Octave to create arb waves in Siglent CSV format. The included example is a two tone sine.

You got the quote attribution mixed up, it was plasmateur who ran into problems with the Easywave-generated waveform. But I second your recommendation to use a different tool to generate the samples. I have not become friends with EasyWave, and have simply used Excel to generate wave samples and export them as CSV.

The following users thanked this post: voltsandjolts

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #1076 on: April 16, 2019, 07:46:16 pm »
Oops, fixed, thanks.

Online Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #1077 on: April 16, 2019, 09:13:49 pm »
For the burst and sweep mode you can set each channel up to use the external trigger, now I don't own that model to test that it works, but by using an external AUX trigger you may be able to accomplish what your trying to do
You tee off that aux trigger to the scope and I think that would meet your requirements.

I should point out you can use this to both burst and sweep arbitary waveforms,
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:17:52 pm by Rerouter »

Offline colorado.rob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1078 on: April 17, 2019, 12:58:46 am »
It also appears as there is no SCPI command that can be used to capture the screen display which could also be used to snapshot the data.

Anyone had any luck capturing this data via SCPI? Failing that there is always the cell phone camera :-DD

The SDG2000X uses the same screen dump command as all Siglent gear.  I have screen dumps via SCPI from SDS, SDG, SDM and SSA devices.

https://gist.github.com/mobilinkd/8a07cc124946c87715c6a1458118411e

Just point it at your AWG and give it a shot.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1079 on: April 17, 2019, 01:03:03 am »
For the burst and sweep mode you can set each channel up to use the external trigger, now I don't own that model to test that it works, but by using an external AUX trigger you may be able to accomplish what your trying to do
You tee off that aux trigger to the scope and I think that would meet your requirements.

I should point out you can use this to both burst and sweep arbitary waveforms,

Problem is that you cannot burst and sweep at the same time. He needs to go from no signal to sweep to zero signal.

Offline Plasmateur

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1080 on: April 17, 2019, 03:32:14 pm »
Also, when I attempted to generate a two frequency sinusoid with the Easywave, the intermod products, or the sidebands that I observed on a spectrum analyzer appeared to much much higher than when just combining two channels.

Just in case Easywave was causing issues there, you could double check by creating the two-tone wave in another way.
I wrote a simple script for GNU Octave to create arb waves in Siglent CSV format. The included example is a two tone sine.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sdg1000-arbitrary-csv-file-format/msg1973726/#msg1973726

I'll give your code a shot.

I also tried to generate a CSV with Matlab, and found the sidebands to be higher than just combining two channels.

I'll probably end up running your code and finding out I was bad at generating a CSV. Thanks!

Offline bicycleguy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1081 on: May 09, 2019, 02:31:52 am »
Anyone having problems with the PowerOn Last feature?

Supposed to startup up with last used settings.  Sometimes does, usually not and many times comes up with defective waveforms as attached, that can only be fixed by toggling Utility/Mode/Phase Locked and Independent.

Settings that don't seem to be saved are random, frequency, phase lock, waveform ect.  The defective waveforms don't seem to correspond with what's in channel 2.

ver 2.01.01.23R8
hw 02-02-00-35-00

Here's a 40Mz sine wave:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:37:59 am by bicycleguy »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf