Author Topic: Instek PSM-6003 FW ROM?  (Read 787 times)

Offline dgtlTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Instek PSM-6003 FW ROM?
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:20:21 pm »
Does anybody have the FW image of GW-Instek PSM-6003 power supply?

I got a non-operational GW-Instek PSM-6003 linear DC supply. The story goes that the unit was working in a PC-controlled setup and then suddenly completely died. I've checked the uc board and everything looks okay (supplies are fine, reset is not asserted and crystal is running), no activity on the 8052-based W78E516 uc other than ALE pulses and external WDT reset pulsing every so often because it is not reset, all other pins not moving. I took the socketed chip out and read back the contents. The LDROM part was fine (strings like "Erasing" and "programming" visible etc), but the APROM was cleared to FFs, the lock bits were not set (they would not allow the LDROM to be read back either). It seems that there exists some kind of FW update functionality, the chip can reboot from LDROM and then erase and reflash the APROM part. My theory is that the RS232 communication from PC got messed up in some way and it happened to trigger the FW update procedure, that erased the FW and then the supply was bricked...

I would try to program the uc APROM if I could get the FW image file somewhere. Alternatively, I could try to get another uc and program that. The biggest issue is getting the FW image file.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf