Author Topic: UEI DM393C bargains on ebay UK  (Read 1777 times)

Offline mikeysTopic starter

• Contributor
UEI DM393C bargains on ebay UK
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:18:18 pm »
So I found this out a few weeks ago when I picked one up for cheap, but British Gas/Scottish Gas have a rebranded DM393 as part of the equipment for their technicians and they turn up on ebay UK every now and then. Recently they've been going for between £15 and £40 depending on how lucky you get with the auction, but that's a pretty good deal IMO as to buy them new is about £110 over here. Plus the blue holster is pretty nifty. I cracked mine open and it's identical on the inside to a DM393 as far as I can tell. Would advise you to check the mA range fuse though as mine was blown when I received it |O

Recent sales history -> http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=uei%20dm393c&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
Re: UEI DM393C bargains on ebay UK
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:38:08 am »
I picked up a couple of them for free from a mate of mine.

Nice enough but, honestly, I prefer my ancient Fluke 77, I don't like having multiple functions on the same switch position then having to select with a button.

Nice fast continuity buzzer and for the price, I can't complain  ;D ;D

Offline 56skt29

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 10:52:10 am »
I've noticed the DM393 has both DC and AC Voltage in the same switch position, while the older DM391 had them separate. Does it detect automatically the type of voltage it's dealing with, or is this what you're saying you have to select it with a button?

I vaguely remember Dave saying that having them in the same switch position is a bad thing, but I really don't know why.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:30:38 am »
I've noticed the DM393 has both DC and AC Voltage in the same switch position, while the older DM391 had them separate. Does it detect automatically the type of voltage it's dealing with, or is this what you're saying you have to select it with a button?

I vaguely remember Dave saying that having them in the same switch position is a bad thing, but I really don't know why.

No, they don't autodetect, you have to select with the button and it always powers up in AC mode which is a pain for me as I spend most of my time debugging and working with DC.

Also you cannot select centigrade or farenheit on the meter, it's factory set and not user selectable but that's of little consequence to me, I have a dedicated dual channel thermometer somewhere if I ever need to measure temperature (I haven't needed to in 15 years or more but you never know...)

It's a nice enough meter but as already stated, I prefer my Fluke 77 for daily use.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf