Author Topic: Uni-T long term  (Read 2819 times)

Offline jordanp123Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Uni-T long term
« on: June 11, 2017, 12:55:35 am »
Out of pure curiosity how is everyones Uni-T's meters holding up ? I have a 139C and a 210E (Which is very useful), I've not had any issues insofar but I'm curious how everyone else's equipment is holding up.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
Re: Uni-T long term
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 01:52:05 am »
What ballpark period is 'long term' ?

It also depends on the amount of use or thrashing it gets,

how well the selector dial insides and switches hold up with fair to heavy use

and if the meter specs and error tolerances are still ok  etc

Offline jordanp123Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 02:05:44 am »
What ballpark period is 'long term' ?

It also depends on the amount of use or thrashing it gets,

how well the selector dial insides and switches hold up with fair to heavy use

and if the meter specs and error tolerances are still ok  etc

I agree completely, I'm not looking for a definitive answer, this is more of a general open ended question. Mainly looking for user experiences.

Offline MosherIV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 10:28:34 pm »
Hi

My oldest Uni-t is a Tenma branded UT70B, it is 5-6 years old. It was the best meter I could afford at the time, around £70. Tenma brand is the Farnell own brand, I assumed they rebranded something professional electronics engineers would be happy with.
I only use it lightly (occaisionally, ie not daily or even weekly). It is still working perfectly.

I got the UT61E just over a year ago. Hardly use it. Modded it by adding the missing MOVs. Still works perfectly.

I also got the UT210E. Hardly use it. Still works perfectly.

Offline RedSky

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 12:48:47 pm »
Uni-T UT70D - had it for over 7 years.  Bit of a gamble back then, Uni-T was almost unknown.

It's had a LOT of use.   Blown a number of fuses over the years, my own fault, leaving the probes plugged into the amperage range while going to measure volts on batteries.  It's also been dropped multiple times, knocked hundreds of times, disassembled at least twice by me as well to see how it ticks.  Still on the original probes.

Recently got one of those Chinese voltage references (2.5v, 5v, 7.5v, 10v)  the UT70D's worst reading was within 0.04% of the 'calibration' voltages.

It's been an all round great multimeter for hobby use.  I understand it has poor protection circuitry, possibly unsafe on high voltages, but it's one of the few meters in the price range that can read down to 1 microvolt on the 80mV range  (80,000 count)

I'd nearly buy another one as can now be had for $140AUD new delivered on Aliexpress and having two accurate meters is always better than one, but going to try a Brymen BM867s next I think due to the great reviews and a birthday coming up.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:31:04 pm by RedSky »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf