Author Topic: UNI-T UT61E Multimeter teardown photos.  (Read 450488 times)

Offline Stinger

• Contributor
Re: UNI-T UT61E Multimeter teardown photos.
« Reply #1025 on: April 19, 2018, 08:51:11 am »
We believe a F version with factory backlight and ESR mesurement.  ;D

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1026 on: April 19, 2018, 12:57:56 pm »
Didn't come with any Cal info. 
Without actual calibration info against a known reference meter, that AD584 box is fairly useless.  It should have come with actual reference values printed on a sticker attached to the bottom of that AD584 rig.  Mine looks like this:

Of course there is some controversy as to whether these sticker values are actual measured values or just some random numbers that someone made up or copied from another sticker.   |O

Even with the sticker, and even if they did correctly copy it from some random HP34401A, you have no idea if the meter they checked it against was even in current cal.   You could have the standard sent in and get a NIST traceable report for it but it may cost far more than the little device cost.   
How electrically robust is your meter?? http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsK99WXk9VhcghnAauTBsbg

Offline DiddlyJackSquat

• Contributor
« Reply #1027 on: April 20, 2018, 02:09:30 am »
One of my mates blew up his UT61E that i sold him  :palm:

idk how he blew it exactly as details are scarce but he told me he blew it in current mode measuring a lipo in current, with the 10A ports and I told big fat bad idea... Now all readings are off.

I'm getting it later from him so i might be able assess the damage

Offline escape

• Contributor
« Reply #1028 on: April 26, 2018, 10:56:29 pm »
Speaking of blow ups, I had a major brain fart yesterday... I had my UT61E in "A" position, test leads connected to COM and 10A sockets.  One test lead was connected to negative terminal of a fully charged 12V car battery, and then I attempted to touch the positive battery terminal with the other test lead.  I only touched the positive terminal for a split second since I saw a spark at the positive terminal and heard the DMM beep.

The DMM still measures voltage, but not current on the 10A socket.  Hopefully I only blew the fuse and nothing else.  Is BS1362 the correct replacement fuse?  I have the Chinese version, not the German version.

Thanks!

Offline DiddlyJackSquat

• Contributor
« Reply #1029 on: April 27, 2018, 02:44:26 am »
Speaking of blow ups, I had a major brain fart yesterday... I had my UT61E in "A" position, test leads connected to COM and 10A sockets.  One test lead was connected to negative terminal of a fully charged 12V car battery, and then I attempted to touch the positive battery terminal with the other test lead.  I only touched the positive terminal for a split second since I saw a spark at the positive terminal and heard the DMM beep.

The DMM still measures voltage, but not current on the 10A socket.  Hopefully I only blew the fuse and nothing else.  Is BS1362 the correct replacement fuse?  I have the Chinese version, not the German version.

Thanks!

Yes, BS1362 is the correct replacement fuse.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf