Author Topic: UNI-T UTD2042C possible Hack?? Serial Commands!??  (Read 2471 times)

Offline vandersonpcTopic starter

• Contributor
UNI-T UTD2042C possible Hack?? Serial Commands!??
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:19:19 am »
Hi Guys,

I teardown My UNI-TREND UTD2042C 40Mhz scope and found it uses the same board than UTD2102, a 100MHz model from the same manufacturer. I tried to apply the same commands described on the Rigol DS1052 hack, but it didn't work. Looks like the Uni-T units are not compatible with the IEE488 commands. I tried to install the UTD2102 firmware, but the unit refuses to get it and show a message that firmware is not compatible with the current unit.

So, have you guys any experience hacking this UNI-T units? Or know which serial protocol it uses?Or how to change the model number through USB or RS232!?

Please, any help you very much appreciated!

Many Thanks!

Cheers, Vanderson

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
Re: UNI-T UTD2042C possible Hack?? Serial Commands!??
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:42:25 am »
as its a different unit and very likely to be a different firmware variant to the rigol your likely going to need to start out at square one with finding out what the differences are between the 2 firmwares,

Offline vandersonpcTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: UNI-T UTD2042C possible Hack?? Serial Commands!??
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:57:13 am »
Yes, my first thought was that the UNI-T units were compatible with IEE488 as the Rigol Units are. Even Tektronics, Agilent, etc. which have a programming manual for they units.

My UNI-T UTD2042 uses the same MCU than Rigol units (Analog Devices ADSP-BF531) and the same Altera Cyclone FPGA, but I know the Rigol firmware is not compatible with my unit.

Cheers, Vanderson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf