Author Topic: Used Rigol DS1054z.would like to know how many hours are on my scope.  (Read 3155 times)

Offline just meTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello all.I'm a noobie,so bare with me.I just purchased a used Rigol DS1054z and was wondering how to find out how many hours of use the scope has on it.If that's possible.I've searched the manuals,but havn't found anything like that.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Sean.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: Used Rigol DS1054z.would like to know how many hours are on my scope.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 02:02:37 pm »
Hello all.I'm a noobie,so bare with me.I just purchased a used Rigol DS1054z and was wondering how to find out how many hours of use the scope has on it.If that's possible.

It's in the secret extended system info.

Press the following button sequence (reasonably quickly or it doesn't work):

Menu -> Menu -> Force -> Menu -> Utility -> System -> System Info

The following users thanked this post: rvalente, just me

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 04:11:14 am »
I apologize.I just realized you had replied to my question.I didn't have "Notify me of replies" selected.I found the extended info screen and I'm not sure which is the running hours.Before applying the "Hack" to the scope,all the trial options had 35 hours 40 minutes left.I tried to attach a pic of the info screen.It was too large.I'm charging a lesser camera now and will post a pic of the info screen soon.I appreciate your help.Thanks,Sean.

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:57:52 am »
Hello.

There has a little mistake happend:
The "hidden" expanded system info delivers the count of start up´s, not how many hours of use.
(Sorry Sean. :-// ) As you can see in the screenshot down below (at the red arrow).

But it is much worse:

It seems, the former owner has made a factory reset. That has not only set back the time for the trial options, it has the start up counter set to 1, too.
In this case, I don´t know any way to get the start up counts or the hours of use.

BTW: This screencopy was made with an USB-Stick. Probably the most simple way to do it (at least in the beginning). Like it is described in the Manual of the DS1054Z on page 14-2 (the "Tip" in the box). 

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 05:29:15 am by ProBang2 »

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 06:16:18 am »
Ok,I appreciate the info.I got it from somebody I trust that said it didn't have much use.It now shows 21 startups,probably 10 by myself.I was really just curious.There's not a scratch or any signs of use at all,so I'm satisfied with it,especially since I hacked it.I'm still learning the scope,when I have time,that is.I appreciate your help and knowledge.Thanks,Sean.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 08:08:42 am »
Actually the scope _does_ display the total use time and the elapsed time of the current session, in the "Build Date" line.
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

The following users thanked this post: just me

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 02:59:54 pm »
Thanks.It has 4:45 on it now.Again,i appreciate your assistance.

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 03:32:09 pm »
Actually the scope _does_ display the total use time and the elapsed time of the current session, in the "Build Date" line.

Even after a factory reset?

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 08:15:42 pm »
I don't think the original owner ever did a factory reset on the scope.He passed away and I purchased it from his daughter.I know the family and the daughter told me that her father purchased the scope less than a year ago and used it very little due to health issues.The scope was built on 2/8/2017.I'm pretty certain that the only modification or changes of any kind that have been done is the hack to convert it to a DS1104z 100mhz model.I've used/played with it maybe 2 hours at the most,yet the last sequence of numbers on the build line is the only numbers that change.They've gone from 4:45 to 5:50 in the approx one hour I left it on this morning.So it had 2 plus hours on it before I hacked it.I really think it has around 6 total hours on it now.Not bad for $50.00.I really appreciate you taking the time to converse with me.If I ever have any more questions,I know who to come to.Thanks,Sean.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf