Author Topic: Velleman WFS210 Android app apk  (Read 923 times)

Offline rogerjames99Topic starter

Velleman WFS210 Android app apk
« on: July 06, 2018, 10:15:38 am »
Hi,

Is there anyone who can provide me with a binary build/apk of @Avacee's modded version of the Android app for this unit? I only have Linux IDEs here. So it would be difficult to set up a Xamarin environment.

Thanks,

Roger

Offline rogerjames99Topic starter

Re: Velleman WFS210 Android app apk
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:38:23 am »
I have now managed to build apks for @Avacee's C# version and for the the original Velleman Java based app. The xamarin build environment on Linux for C# is complex and not very usable. Velleman's aWFS210 github repo contains a java based Android implementation that has not been touched for four years. The aWFS210 subdirectory of the main Velleman WFS210-App github repo is a port of the original java app to C#. This subdirectory is used to provide the Android APK.

My current idea is to backport the C# changes to the original java app. This gives me a much simpler Android Studio Java build process and removes the xamarind dependencies. I will create a new repo under rogerjames99 that will contain a standard Android Studio build environment.

As a wild speculation, I wonder if I could get a quote from Velleman to buy up their old stock which they seem to be dumping and then crowdfund a project to raise the cash. ;)

Roger

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf