Author Topic: itt metrix mx202b multimeter manual info  (Read 8142 times)

Offline mdronicTopic starter

• Contributor
itt metrix mx202b multimeter manual info
« on: May 27, 2015, 05:05:50 am »
I purchased an old itt metric mx 202b multimeter. I've been trying to find a manual and schematic for it. I've found the schematics however all the manuals I can find are  in French. As my French is very poor does anyone have one in English. From what I can get the gist of the battery replacement can be an issue and they are circa 1967?. Does anyone know anything about them. It's working and I just liked the look of it and thinking nice to use analogue sometimes. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:18:55 am by mdronic »

Offline OldNeurons

• Regular Contributor
Re: itt metrix mx202b multimeter manual info
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 08:26:48 am »
I purchased an old itt metric mx 202b multimeter. I've been trying to find a manual and schematic for it. I've found the schematics however all the manuals I can find are  in French. As my French is very poor does anyone have one in English. From what I can get the gist of the battery replacement can be an issue and they are circa 1967?. Does anyone know anything about them. It's working and I just liked the look of it and thinking nice to use analogue sometimes. Thanks.

Hello,
Will try to help you ...
I visited various french websites about this mx202b. This model was using a mercury battery model RM.1R, voltage: 1.35v.
There are several solutions for the replacement. The easiest one is may be this:
http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_mr50_adapter.htm

You could also adapt a 1.5v battery together with such regulator:
http://fr.farnell.com/texas-instruments/tps709135dbvt/regul-v-2-7-30v-0-245vdo-1-35v/dp/2314369?Ntt=2314369
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1882939.pdf

Hope this helps ...
Good luck !

Offline mdronicTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 05:33:50 am »
Thank you for your help. Out of curiosity does anyone else use one ? . Really like the side adjustment over the rotary dial type analogue multimeter s.

Offline OldNeurons

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 09:33:12 am »
Thank you for your help. Out of curiosity does anyone else use one ? . Really like the side adjustment over the rotary dial type analogue multimeter s.
If you decide to go for solution 2 (adapt new batteries with a TPS709135 regulator), here is a link to clear instructions how to do the modifications.
It is in french, but with the help of Google translate and the pictures you should be able to do it.
http://radioman64.e-monsite.com/medias/files/remplacement-de-la-pile-dans-un-metrix-mx202.pdf

If you need a partial translation of the document, just tell me.

Offline reinhardz

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:34:56 pm »

Hi,

I could send you a scan of the manual in English language. Still interested?

CU

reinhardz

Offline jukees

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:19:10 am »
Hi,

I could send you a scan of the manual in English language. Still interested?

CU

reinhardz

I have a that meter, and i would like to read the manual. If you're still willing to scan it, i would like a copy.

Offline reinhardz

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 03:06:29 pm »
I have a that meter, and i would like to read the manual. If you're still willing to scan it, i would like a copy.

Hi,

You can find it now here:  http://elektrotanya.com/Metrix_MX202B_User_Manual_en.pdf/download.html

For download please click on the arrow in the violet circle on the left.

BTW: At Elektrotanya, a German user manual can be found now, too.

Best regards

reinhardz

The following users thanked this post: Thilo78

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 03:26:04 pm »
Out of curiosity does anyone else use one ?

Of course nearly everyday use. Analog meter is really superior in some works and this meter is one of best.
Over all digital scopes and meters I still use analog scope(s) and analog multimeters (In some specific cases relating to maintenance and repair work). Reason is so simple. Money.
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf