Author Topic: Fluke 28II battery issues / other issues?  (Read 2718 times)

Offline cdntechTopic starter

• Contributor
Fluke 28II battery issues / other issues?
« on: July 07, 2017, 10:29:23 pm »
Hello! I am thinking of upgrading my meter.
 I am going to go with the Fluke 28II over the 87V since I am an electrician and will be using the meter in the field quite a bit. I have been doing some reading on the low Battery fault while using the continuity beeper with the backlight on, the posts regarding this issue seem to be a few years old now and I cannot find anything recent on the issue.

One of the guys at work has a 28II that is 2 years old and he just recently had this problem happen to him. I phoned Fluke tech support and they have no information on the problem. So, before i drop $600.00 on the 28II I was just wondering if anyone knows if Fluke has fixed this issue yet??

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:33:04 pm by cdntech »

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 28II battery issues / other issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 01:18:20 am »
This is item is fixed now.  If your friend has the problem, he should contact Fluke for a replacement.

If Fluke technical support is clueless, point them to the threads here on eevblog.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fluke-28-ii-battery-life/

Offline cdntechTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Fluke 28II battery issues / other issues?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »
Just an update on the Fluke 28II...I went to pick up the Fluke 28 I ordered the other day, I got it home and had a look at it and much to my dismay the silk screen characters on the face of the meter near the input jacks could be rubbed off with a thumbnail! Some of the other characters weren't printed onto the meter very well either.

Also, it seems that Fluke is still having a problem with the battery compartment bulge as this meter had that issue. The manufacture date on the box was June 2017.

I ended up returning the meter and going with the venerable 87V which they had in stock at the supplier. After some use of my new 87 this weekend I noticed that there is a piece of black plastic embedded in the acrylic LCD viewing window (it is not on the inside) which cannot be cleaned up. Sort of annoying on a brand new meter.

I have since sent Fluke an email with all of this info, we will see what they say. It's really too bad, I was excited to get my hands on the 28II.

My other two Flukes (a 12B and a 26III) are pushing 20 years old now and the lettering is as good as new, you would think on a meter marketed for "hard use" Fluke would use better methods!

The following users thanked this post: Marco1971

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf