Author Topic: EEVBlog BM235 pulled from Amazon  (Read 3421 times)

Offline h_pTopic starter

• Supporter
EEVBlog BM235 pulled from Amazon
« on: May 12, 2017, 01:15:44 am »
Today I was looking up the BM235 on Amazon for a friend when I noted the listing was gone. Does this mean the 121GW is being released soon?!? If so I'm super excited for it.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Re: EEVBlog BM235 pulled from Amazon
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 01:35:38 am »
Today I was looking up the BM235 on Amazon for a friend when I noted the listing was gone. Does this mean the 121GW is being released soon?!? If so I'm super excited for it.

In the past when this has occurred it is because they were out of stock.
VE7FM

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 01:57:12 am »

The 121GW is not a replacement for the BM235, it's a higher range model that will be sold in addition to the BM235.

Offline h_pTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:27:50 am »
Why wouldn't he just leave the listing up and have a will be in stock this date notice like every other product on Amazon that runs out of stock?!? Did Dave say he was going to sell them concurrently. From reading the supporter thread here about it and watching all the videos I got the impression that he wasn't going to be selling both.

Offline Testing123

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 11:27:34 am »
Why wouldn't he just leave the listing up and have a will be in stock this date notice like every other product on Amazon that runs out of stock?!?

I emphasized 'he' in the quote above to note that he (Dave) didn't do it, Amazon did.
Here's a link where Dave says so:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/eevblog-bm235-multimeter-on-amazon-is-out-of-stock-and-maybe-gone/msg1060236/#msg1060236

Offline h_pTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 11:43:21 am »
Good to know. Odd. I wonder what criteria Amazon uses for this decision. I shop on Amazon A LOT and I've never seen a product page disappear when stock runs out.

Offline Testing123

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 12:36:10 am »
Good to know. Odd. I wonder what criteria Amazon uses for this decision. I shop on Amazon A LOT and I've never seen a product page disappear when stock runs out.

Good question, and I agree, I've not seen that behavior on Amazon either (well, that I was cognizant of anyway :-)
Maybe Dave knows... ?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 03:26:36 pm »
Probably because there is long restock time, IIRC a few weeks, and Amazon would hide it so there is no back ordering for it, as the customers are used to next day delivery on all items.

Here we are getting used to same year delivery.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf