Author Topic: Yokogawa WT110/WT130 upgrade /EX1 or /EX2 external sensor input  (Read 875 times)

Offline ingowienTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Yokogawa WT110/WT130 upgrade /EX1 or /EX2 external sensor input
« on: September 02, 2018, 11:51:56 pm »
I finally got a WT130 3-channel power meter which seems to be a discontinued but still quite decent power meter.
Unfortunately my model doesn't have the external current sensor input option (/EX1 or /EX2). So it's currently limited to the 0.5A range as lowest current range. For AC I could use a current transformer but for DC it would be cool to use the MicroCurrent as external current sensor for the WT130. And it would probably be more accurate for AC, too.
- Does somebody know if /EX1 or /EX2 can be added to a WT130 or WT110?

I noticed two solder jumper on the input boards (got three of them) that can be shorted either for EX1 or EX2. All components seem to be populated except for the input connector that needs to be added and connected to one of the unpopulated EX1 or EX2 input vias on the board.
- Does anybody know if it's sufficient to close the solder jumpers for e.g. EX2 to get the input options (currently they are disabled in the menus).
- Or is it required to enable the option in the device as well and not only on the input boards? If so, do you know how this is done (another jumper, a special command, different firmware...)?

I haven't disassembled the meter completely so I don't know if there are other jumpers. I think it might be better to ask in the forum and maybe get some hints from Yokogawa experts first.

best regards
Ingo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf