Author Topic: 4500AS development kit software?  (Read 568 times)

Offline oddbondboris

• Contributor
4500AS development kit software?
« on: February 06, 2018, 05:07:50 pm »
I bought a "L3 thermaleye 4500" camera which appears to be a prototype of some sort since it has a virtex4 on it and a lot of bodgewires
it uses the same pinout as this core http://spi-wholesale.com/shop/l3-thermal-eye-4500as-core-320x240-50-deg-397/

it works fine but theres no way to make it shutter to clean up the image, does anyone have a line on the software for configuring this core over usb?

Offline oddbondboris

• Contributor
Re: 4500AS development kit software?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:40:34 am »
Found the usb spec in the forums, wrote a usb driver and have image grabbing working over usb, seems to definitely not be standard as some of the return formats are completely different and some commands are completely missing

if anyone has a 3500as, 3600as, or 4500as and would like to run some tests i can post the code, its libusb1 and python2.7

i cant get the overlay working at all on the camera except for the greyscale at the bottom you can turn on from set_power_user_control but it does seem to offer some radiometric features at least in the spec

attached is a usb grabbed image, takes almost a second and forces shutter every time it runs but good for debugging, next job is building a card to read the data off the digital expansion port so i can get more than 1fps digital out of it

The following users thanked this post: Fraser

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: 4500AS development kit software?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 03:50:53 am »
Hiya,

I would be interested in the driver.

Did you get my mssage regarding configuration software ?

Please PM me your email address.

Fraser
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:53:07 am by Fraser »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf