Author Topic: Thermal imaging topics that you would like to see on this forum?  (Read 7874 times)

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Thermal imaging topics that you would like to see on this forum?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 02:52:58 pm »
Hi Rico,

Thanks for the encouragement  :)

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline ixfd64

• Frequent Contributor
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 07:06:11 pm »
1. What non-FLIR cameras can also be hacked.

2. More coverage on lesser-known thermal imaging companies, such as NEC Avio and SATIR.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:08:28 pm by ixfd64 »

Offline tkuhmone

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 08:10:11 pm »
hello,

This thermal camera topic is a new for me, but it is interesting. I do not yet own any thermal camera. I am considering getting my own thermal camera. Yet I have not decided what could be suitable models. One option maybe FLIR E4 camera, since there is lot of info available here

Main-use for my camera I have with checking heat leaks, insulation effiency, possible humidity of building structure. I would like to keep cost of the camera in reasonable level, since I personnally do not work on construction business. It would serve as a basic tool for DIY building renovation. Also planned occasional PCB imaging to get idea of the heat spots.

Secondary use is related to wildlife observing. I do know few locations where is "droppings" in the ground made by Siberian flying squirrel (Pteromys volans). It is usually staying in the nests for daytime, and moves only after a sunset. I do have a question, whether a thermal camera is sensitive enough to see warm squirrel nest inside of tree trunk (or a nest box made of wood). So it would serve as an aid to locate animal more easily in city forest for photography :-) I assume this kind of use could require (?) more narrow field of view in camera...

Also the initially listed topics 4, 14, 26, 27 would be more interesting...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:12:59 pm by tkuhmone »
Timo, OH7HMS

Offline Doel 3

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 10:56:28 am »
Hello Mr Fraser,

First of all, thank you very much for your expert blog.
I to am a reader of your work, hoping to, and trying to learn more about thermal cameras.
As a lot of your silent readers, I to do not have a expert electronics/computer background.
So please do not be discouraged that "we" do not react to your demand for input.
I, and probably a lot of your readers, came here because I would like to buy a affordable thermal camera.
For me it is quit difficult and needs a lot of reading to filter out the important features of a camera.
Would it perhaps be possible to make a special thread of your thoughts concerning the properties of those "basic" cameras like Flir one, Seek , Therm-app, Thermal Expert......
(For instance, because you mentioned it in a thread, I discovered Flir is using a lesser silicium layer lens)

It's just a small question  :)

Please don't be discouraged, we love to read your expert view, even if we don't understand everything  :-+

Thierry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf