Author Topic: Wiris file format (wseq)  (Read 2231 times)

Offline TiggerTopic starter

Wiris file format (wseq)
« on: March 07, 2018, 07:00:16 pm »
Hi,

We have and are happy with a Wiris 640 2nd generation Thermal Camera that we have mounted on a DJI M600 drone. At present we are using the Wiris bespoke software "Coreplayer" to open and edit the images(video) of solar panels and would like to be able to edit the files in software that is not licenced by the manufacturer i.e. Flir Tools +. The file format that the data is download, is .wseq and we cannot find an editor that will open the files.

Can these files be converted to a format that Flir or any other recommended software can open and process?

We would appreciate any help with resolving our problem, a copy of the file can be forwarded if required.

Regards
Tigger

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Wiris file format (wseq)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 07:17:31 pm »
Hi Tigger

Workswell have based their software on the Tau2 SDK, so you'd need to get hold of that if you wanted to develop a program to output to a flir format.

Alternatively, you could do something clever with the file and convert it to a flir tools readable version.

The following users thanked this post: Tigger

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:17:57 pm »
It is likely a proprietary format that would need reverse-engineering and file format construction knowledge to replicate or convert to something like FLIR's radiometric JPEGs.
A sample file(posted publicly) would be a start.

The following users thanked this post: railrun, Tigger

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 07:45:47 pm »
@Chanc3,
Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, the word "clever" would not be something that I would associate myself with when it comes to photography or image processing. So! how would I go about converting the files to a Flir tools readable version?

@Spirit532
Thank you for also replying, it does make sense that I post a file so that the clever people here can help reverse-engineer the file format. The only file that I have at present is a approx 1GB in size how would you suggest I share the file, how can I share it on Dropbox or google drive here on the forum?

Thanks for the help

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:57:26 pm »
A short file should be better. Record a 1-2 second video, or shorter, if possible.

Online Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 10:14:27 pm »
they offer their own SDK on the website. There is probably documentation for their format inside it. https://www.workswell-thermal-camera.com/wic-sdk-library/

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 09:59:26 pm »
Thank you Spirit532, I will create a short video and upload it soon.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 10:03:45 pm »
Thanks, Vipitis,

I have taken a look at the link you posted. Unfortunately, our camera is not supported in the Workswell WIC SDK library.

Online Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 11:44:05 pm »
I didn't realize that their different cameras have different software platforms and therefore are limited with the offered SDK. Seems more work to me.

Have you contacted them directly and asked? They seem to offer products for Flir software as well.

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 04:42:40 pm »
Spirit532,

Please see the attached RAR file that includes the WSEQ file. I do appreciate your and the assistance of the others.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf