Author Topic: BD386 thermal camera for UAV - advise needed on alternative lens  (Read 1757 times)

Offline adamengTopic starter

hi, so i purchased a BD386 thermal camera for my UAV's back in 2014. it was awesome since it was small and compact at the time compared to what FLIR had. but after the release of the BOSON and LEPTON i find that i am jealous and cry myself to sleep.  :(

So, i decided to see if there is anyway that the people of this esteemed forum can assist and guide me on what i can do about an alternative lens. i was thinking of buying the boson lens and then 3d printing a case to make it work but apparently you cant buy flir boson lenses only.

the overall goal is to strip out the heavy metal enclosure and 3d print a plastic lightweight so that i can make it connect onto a dji mavic pro, but the lens looks like a closed unit. the only alternative i see is to replace the lens

any help appreciated

The following users thanked this post: carpin

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
Re: BD386 thermal camera for UAV - advise needed on alternative lens
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 04:44:31 pm »
Tried Google and could not find the camera model that you have.
It is likely a rather different sensor to the FLIR Boson so simply switching lenses will not necessarily work.

If you can advise the camera details you might have something that takes a relatively common / well documented lens design.  then you can consider cost / weight / field of view etc

Bill

The following users thanked this post: carpin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf