Author Topic: cameras sold as demo units  (Read 1348 times)

Offline VipitisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
cameras sold as demo units
« on: March 11, 2018, 12:30:59 am »
So i have been looking through the internet again and found some retailers that also have thermal cameras. They sell their demo units as used but with limited warranty. I actually drove to visit such a retailer to day, as it was a bike trip to the next town on a wonderful spring day, but found it closed on a Saturday.

And just now I found this: https://vermex.de/Gebrauchtgeraete/Thermografie-83/Flir-T460-Waermebildkamera-mit-3-Optiken.html

So they offer a demo unit FLIR T460 with 3 lens options for 5.500€. This seems too good to be true. As the lenses itself cost a lot. I was wondering if the T400 lenses can be used on newer Flir cameras - but there seems to be no information on that available at the surface.

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
Re: cameras sold as demo units
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 01:03:22 am »
These are converters/adapters - they can only be used on top of existing built-in(non-removable) lenses, so any FLIR Ex and Exx camera, as well as the T4xx and earlier, will work(with DIY mechanical adapters). The T6xx cameras use newer, differently-mounted lenses.

However, the lenses themselves contain calibration data and an integrated temperature sensor, which is crucial to temperature measurement due to the rather sloppy performance of Germanium over different temperatures, as well as having an additional emitting optical element(remember, above 0K) in the optical path.
I suspect they're either I2C or SPI, so it should be fairly easy to read out.

Offline railrun

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 07:51:55 am »
And don‘t forget that taxes are not included.

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 07:55:06 am »
Spirit, The T6xx series lenses do not contain the calibration data, only the T5xx or newer Exx camera lenses do that.

€5500 including 3 lenses is a great price - where is it so I can buy? [emoji14]

Offline VipitisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 11:25:38 am »
Tax adds another 1000€

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf