Author Topic: Flir E30 upgrade or get an E60?  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Bruno28Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Flir E30 upgrade or get an E60?
« on: July 21, 2017, 01:19:56 pm »
Hello,

This website (https://gltools.us/) has really well priced E30 and E60. And I have a code for 10% off that the seller gave to me as he took to long to reply to my questions on ebay after the bid ended. Their website is Paid with PayPal, so it's safer if unreliable.

My question is, would it be best to go for the E30 at $1350usd and upgrade (if possible) or an E60 at $2025?

Is the E30 easily able to be upgraded?

They even have E5 for $699. :o

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:27:41 pm by Bruno28 »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Flir E30 upgrade or get an E60?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »
Have your heard  the expression......

" if it looks too good to be true, it probably is !"

That is the most dodgy looking of sellers. The web site is, quite frankly a joke. Contact only by email. No address, no phone, items too cheap = scam site. The items listed are favourites of the eBay Scammers and appear regularly.

As for PayPal, yes you are protected to a degree ..... if when you come to pay via PayPal it works !  Often the seller will claim a PayPal issue and ask you to send payment via an unsafe means or your Credit card details with a photo of the card !

Delayed responses to emails are also a warning sign, it can be due to a scammer living in another time zone. 10% extra discount for delayed response seals the case for me. No one can afford to offer another 10% discount on the already crazy prices listed. Walk away.

The only way I would do business with that seller is if I obtained verifiable proof that they are in my country, at an address that I can check, and VAT registered. Payment only by PayPal or in person. If not, they are likely scammers.

Please consider this advice carefully and take care.

Fraser
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:42:35 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline ixfd64

• Frequent Contributor
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 07:35:01 pm »
It definitely looks like a scam. According to a WHOIS lookup, the domain registrant is based in Indonesia. From what I've heard, a lot of scammers use Indonesia-based addresses. See also: http://eevblog.com/forum/testgear/are-builders-equipment-com-and-constructionswarehouse-com-legit

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 10:40:38 pm »
It definitely looks like a scam. According to a WHOIS lookup, the domain registrant is based in Indonesia. From what I've heard, a lot of scammers use Indonesia-based addresses. See also: http://eevblog.com/forum/testgear/are-builders-equipment-com-and-constructionswarehouse-com-legit
Thanks for the heads up. Yea in eBay he was registered in Indonesia.
He's reply to why the prices are low:
"Hello

We dropship the product from big supplier so can get good prices.
We sell new item
Yes it's safe buy from our website, paypaI payment method

Regards"

Curious until the feedback from the buyer of the bidding E60 is provided.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:45:41 pm by Bruno28 »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:45:07 pm »
Have your heard  the expression......

" if it looks too good to be true, it probably is !"

That is the most dodgy looking of sellers. The web site is, quite frankly a joke. Contact only by email. No address, no phone, items too cheap = scam site. The items listed are favourites of the eBay Scammers and appear regularly.

As for PayPal, yes you are protected to a degree ..... if when you come to pay via PayPal it works !  Often the seller will claim a PayPal issue and ask you to send payment via an unsafe means or your Credit card details with a photo of the card !

Delayed responses to emails are also a warning sign, it can be due to a scammer living in another time zone. 10% extra discount for delayed response seals the case for me. No one can afford to offer another 10% discount on the already crazy prices listed. Walk away.

The only way I would do business with that seller is if I obtained verifiable proof that they are in my country, at an address that I can check, and VAT registered. Payment only by PayPal or in person. If not, they are likely scammers.

Please consider this advice carefully and take care.

Fraser
Thanks Fraser. Considered and have given up on it. Thanks.
I would never pay in another method besides PayPal. I do not trust people, unfortunately I've learnt this in the past locally in Australia. Luckily the guy got jailed later on, but I never got my money back.

Yes I know that if it's too good to be true it probably is. But I've had luck in the past in striking good deals (Non thermal camera).

Also even if PayPal worked. How do they make money if the buyer gets money back?
These people are really pathetic.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:48:13 pm by Bruno28 »

Offline emptech

• Regular Contributor
    • Empirical Technology
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 01:39:53 am »
To answer your question though, I have an E-40, which I upgraded to an E-60.  I know it depends on the firmware version as to how much of a pain in the butt it is to "upgrade."  I can't remember asides from the software changes, if the visable light camera, LED light, and laser ports have to be physically opened or not.  I didn't have to do anything to my E-40, I added features and a higher resolution.  I did this soon after the E-3 crack was discovered.

Jim
"What this country needs is less people telling us what this country needs"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf