http://opalkelly.com/

Author Topic: Flir E4 "There is no memory card" error  (Read 275 times)

Offline msquared

• Contributor
Flir E4 "There is no memory card" error
« on: July 07, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
I've done a bad thing. I formatted the photo space on my E4 from my PC.  :palm:

However I did save off the files on the drive before I formatted the drive.
\DCIM
\DCIM\FLIRCurr.dir
flir.db
postlog.txt
version.rsc

Now I get the following error every time I try to take a picture. "The image could not be saved. There is no memory card."

I tried formatting in FAT, FAT32, NTFS and exFAT and replaced the original files each time. However none of those formats worked.

I did think about reflashing the camera however, I don't have a copy of the firmware to attempt the flash. (1.22.0)

I also opened a telnet session into the camera and using diskutil.exe I found what I think is the camera storage disk device "DSK2:" with no volume name. So I'm wondering if the camera is trying to save to that device by volume name and failing? I don't know what the original volume name was and I don't know my way around CE well enough to start formatting and changing partitions on internal flash. (That would probably end very bad)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The camera works fine except it won't take pictures.  :-[

Thanks!

Camera info:
Sw Combination:  1.22.0
Appkit:  1.0.17
Bootloader:  16.1.5.0
Confkit:  E4 1.1L
OsImgkit:  16.0.12

Offline msquared

• Contributor
Re: Flir E4 "There is no memory card" error
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 03:26:22 AM »
Just wanted to ask if anyone had a copy of "flir_ex_pn639_v1.22.0_update_pack.zip" still around so I could attempt to re-flash my camera?

Thanks in advance.

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know one thing: that I know nothing
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:18:26 AM »
Where should be that file? Can I find it on the E4 internal memory?
I'm basically still a rookie and because of this, even though the best of intentions, I often say bullshit, so never mind.

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 02:24:45 AM »
I sometimes get "There is no memory card" error after turning Flir E4 camera on. Pictures cannot be saved and previously saved pictures can not be reached.
It takes 1-2 minutes to find memory. Sometimes taking out battery helps. It could be caused by either unstable firmware or issue with memory (I hope for the former).

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 02:51:14 AM »
I sometimes get "There is no memory card" error after turning Flir E4 camera on. Pictures cannot be saved and previously saved pictures can not be reached.
It takes 1-2 minutes to find memory. Sometimes taking out battery helps. It could be caused by either unstable firmware or issue with memory (I hope for the former).
ISTR you also get this if the camera is mounted as a drive via USB.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 04:55:07 AM »
Yes I have had the camera needing to re index it's images if the camera is accessed as a USB bulk storage device.

Fraser

Offline msquared

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 03:03:08 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.

The camera is not plugged in when I'm getting the error.

I tried popping the battery to make sure the camera was getting a full reset and letting the camera sit powered on for about 10 minutes to let index complete (there's only 95 images). Same error.

I also tried removing the images, so there was nothing to index, removed battery, powered on, let it sit. Same error.

I opened a ticket with Flir, their only response was "return it for repair" I'm trying to avoid that.

I did notice that none of the "system files" (flir.db, postlog.txt) have been updated on the flash since I did the format. I did replace the original files but that didn't  help. The camera is acting like it can't find or mount the flash.

I'm really hoping that re-flashing will fix the issue, I just to get my hands on that update package.  :)

Thanks everyone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf