Author Topic: Flir One compatibility with Axon 7  (Read 2519 times)

Offline TheNetStrikerTopic starter

Flir One compatibility with Axon 7
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:37:19 pm »
I would like to buy an inexpensive thermal camera and thinking about buying the Flir One or the Flir One Pro. But the manufacturer only lists some Samsung phone as compatible devices for the camer. I also did read some comments and articles from people that are having problems getting the camera to work on there device. (Even some on the supported Samsung devices)

I have an Axon 7 phone and would like to know if the camera is working with this phone before buying it. Are there specific hardware or Android api requirements that the device should support to get the camera working?

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
Re: Flir One compatibility with Axon 7
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 10:34:55 am »
The FLIR One and One Pro are not worth your money.
Buy a Seek Compact Pro for the same money and get 4 times the resolution.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 11:01:37 am »

Thanks for the hint. I just saw that the device has an micro usb connector. Can this device be attached to USB-C using an adapter? And how can I be sure that the device will be compatible with my phone?

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 02:40:26 pm »
Thanks for the hint. I just saw that the device has an micro usb connector. Can this device be attached to USB-C using an adapter? And how can I be sure that the device will be compatible with my phone?
my Seek Compact came with micro to C usb adapter.. and its compatible with my Samsung KZoom and Lenovo Tab 7 even though not listed, except upside down display on Lenovo due to USB connector on top side of the phone.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 04:12:22 pm »
Same with mine, came with a little C to MicroB adapter. Works on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Should be compatible with anything relatively modern. If not, hook it up to a PC.

Offline Astrodev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 09:55:08 pm »
I had a right time trying to find an android device for the Flir One I got hold of it would either not be recognised, the app would come up as incompatible or the camera would not display an image in the app (Flir's own app was the worst offender).

Anyway I needed an android device for a Nikon 360 degree camera and one of the local Supermarkets had Lenovo Tab7's on offer so I got one and despite being the wrong version of Android (apps wanted below 7) every thing worked including Flir's own app and the USB at the top is not a problem if you go into settings, under Image Settings the image rotation allows you to rotate the image 180deg, which fixes the upside down image.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 11:13:03 am »
I now received my Seek Thermal camera and I tried to get it to work on my Axon 7 with this adapter, but it doesn't work. (At least not on the Axon 7) I now ordered an adapter from Amazon that ist recommended by Seek Thermal and I hope that this one will work.

If that doesn't work I'm hoping to get the device to work on my computer. Is there a specific adapter cable that is required to get this to work on a computer?

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 12:45:46 pm »
I just cut up a regular extension cable and soldered on a MicroB socket, works fine for me. Though I do recommend putting a fat capacitor(say, 100uF, 16V) on the device end of the cable, as the Seeks are very picky about power when they cycle the shutter(heavy pulse load).

Offline atif10

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 12:47:26 pm »
Flir one does not work on the Axon 7.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 03:05:24 pm »
I did not order the Flir one because the Seek Compact was recommended to me in this thread. Any idea if this device works in general with the Axon 7?

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 04:15:42 pm »
Flir one does not work on the Axon 7.

I now ordered the USB-C adapter that Seek Thermal recommends and with this adapter the device works on my Axon 7!

I also tried the device on the PC using this USB-C adapter and the device showed up in the Windows device manager. But I wasn't able to install any of the driver dll's I found in the thread about the PC application. Is there a guide somewhere on how to install the drivers for the camera under Windows 10?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf