Author Topic: FLIR ONE PRO vs Seek CompactPro vs TE-Q1 for DIY house inspection?  (Read 4479 times)

Offline SublettTopic starter

Hi!

Feels like I've spent a few days trying to figure out which thermal camera to get out of these three: FLIR ONE PRO, Seek CompactPro and Thermal Expert Q1, for the purpose of a DIY house inspection.
Learned a lot about the importance of the sensor resolution, emissivity and NETD.

Reading around the forum, it seems like the TE-Q1 is the clear favorite out of the three, with the most bang-for-buck. However, does that still apply for house inspection?
Feels like it leans more towards PCB work (with f1 lens e.t.c.), how is it with wider, room-sized objects?

Got a Samsung Galaxy S8 (usb-c) and my wifes Samsung Galaxy S7 (micro-usb).

And yes, I realise that the hard part is actually interpreting the information and utilizing that information correctly when doing a house inspection.
But which tool would aid me the most to get a good start? All three is within my budget.

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
Re: FLIR ONE PRO vs Seek CompactPro vs TE-Q1 for DIY house inspection?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 06:41:03 pm »
The TE-Q1 is the best option overall, really.
I would recommend finding a used E4 and upgrading it though - you can find them for about as much as you'd be able to import a TE-Q1 for(~$700).

Offline Micz

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 04:43:52 pm »
I am using seek compact pro and images are noisy, it is really hard to get nice picture. There are also bugs with temperature display. I think it is caused by bugged software (I am using android, need to check on iphone). Flir one has its own battery which is no long life. If I go back and have a choice now I will spend extra 250 dollars for Q1... but now I am thinking about Flir E4/E8 ;)

Offline tonykids

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 08:05:29 am »
I think TE-Q1 is the best choice
It has the highest solution\low noise and you can change lens easily

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf