Author Topic: FLIR Tools for Mac - and similar softwares for Mac OS  (Read 4026 times)

Offline BinaryBitsTopic starter

• Contributor
FLIR Tools for Mac - and similar softwares for Mac OS
« on: September 16, 2021, 11:13:15 am »
I have been searching every corner of the internet for FLIR Tools 2.1 for Mac OS, but its nowhere to be found. It is discontinued by FLIR so not available on their website anymore. But one would think that somebody or some websites still has it for download?

Does anybody know where it can be downloaded from, or maybe have a copy to make available for download?

Also, what other similar free programs are there for Mac? It seems there is not a whole lot?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: FLIR Tools for Mac - and similar softwares for Mac OS
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 11:15:59 am »
Just contact FLIR customer services and ask for it :)

They have supplied me with obsolete software dating back to the early 2000’s

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 09:04:27 am »
I have already asked FLIR about getting a copy of FLIR Tools for Mac, unfortunately they just told me that its discontinued and that I should look at their Windows Software instead.
So no top notch customer service at FLIR, at least that has been my experience with them.

If somebody has a copy on their computer which they would like to share I would really appreciate it.

Offline InvisibleMan

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 12:56:30 pm »
I sometimes use the Flir Tools IOS app to process images from my E4.
The new M1/Pro/Max Macs are supposed to be able to run IOS apps so I'm wondering if this is a route to being able to run the Flir Tools IOS app on a modern Mac.

Offline InvisibleMan

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 08:42:35 am »
I sometimes use the Flir Tools IOS app to process images from my E4.
The new M1/Pro/Max Macs are supposed to be able to run IOS apps so I'm wondering if this is a route to being able to run the Flir Tools IOS app on a modern Mac.

Well to answer my own question, it looks like Flir have blocked the IOS app from being able to run on the new M1 Macs. Pity.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 11:24:38 am »
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me that they have blocked it, it seems they don't want people to use their FLIR Tools on Mac OS?
I have an older MacBook Pro, so M1 is not relevant in my case. Yes I have also used the iOS app a few times.

When I asked them about FLIR Tools for Mac they just said something about using FLIR Tools with vmwvare or Parallel Desktop or whatever these programs are called.

Surely FLIR has copies of FLIR Tools for Mac OS saved, but yet they couldn't offer to email me a copy, which would have been so easy for them, and at the same time showed that they have a good customer service and value their customers, but no.

But I'm also a bit surprised that no one on this forum seems to have a copy of FLIR Tools for Mac, or maybe they don't want to give it out for some reason?
And Im really surprised that I haven't found a copy online, I consider myself a skilled internet searcher....but maybe not?
I guess I have to give up on FLIR Tools for Mac??
And most other thermal image processing softwares seems to be made only for Windows?

Offline radioorizont

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 08:07:41 am »
Hi, i had same issue, impossible to find the OSX app on the web, hopefully someone on the forum has it and can share it from their google drive.
Good luck !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf