Author Topic: Flir T620 problem ( the camera sees the ghosts)  (Read 3037 times)

Offline SWAGGYDTopic starter

• Contributor
Flir T620 problem ( the camera sees the ghosts)
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:19:40 pm »
Hello
I have a problem with FLIR P620 camera. When turned on, the camcorder turns on. The picture hangs. I see shadows lika picture in pictue (but both are thermal).

Where can I fix this, I'm in Germany from Berlin. I do not want to send it to FLIR because they are very dear. I found one service in Poland in Wroclaw that is 350km from me. Their repair page:
http://e50.pl/serwis/4587303493 . Czy w Niemczech znacie jaki? serwis? Jak nie to zawioz? go do tej firmy.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Flir T620 problem ( the camera sees the ghosts)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 11:28:18 am »
Pictures of the image produced please

Do you hear the 'clunk' of the FFC shutter after switch on ?

Repair centres for thermal cameras are a rarity.

The owner of the web site you referenced really needs to change his/her pictures. Showing a repair bench with a valuable thermal camera surrounded by 'junk' is not a good idea. Thermal cameras should be repaired in a relatively clean area and there should be order on the bench while doing so. The pictures tell me that this person is a hobbyist (clutter, multi-test station and pocket TV as monitor) but that is not an issue if they have experience and know what they are doing. I suggest you discuss your camera with them and establish whether they are confident in being able to repair it.

I personally do not like working on the P series cameras. They can be real pigs !

Fraser
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:50:01 am by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Ultrapurple

• Super Contributor
  • Just zis guy, you know?
    • Therm-App Users on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:49:56 pm »
As an untidy hobbyist myself, I agree with Fraser about the test bench. Everything is also right on the edge, just waiting to be knocked off when the cat jumps up.

I believe some of the better thermal cameras have their cases filled with dry nitrogen or other inert gas and can deteriorate if this is not replaced correctly. Fine if you are a hobbyist and accept the risks. I speak from experience, having had condensation inside a 'sealed' camera that someone had been inside.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:53:22 pm by Ultrapurple »
Rubber bands bridge the gap between WD40 and duct tape.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 07:19:29 pm »
Ultrapurple,

Yes some military cameras are fully sealed and pressurised with dry Nitrogen gas. I have a few myself.

The Standard modern FLIR industrial cameras are not hermetically sealed so not filled with Nitrogen gas. Some exterior rated cameras are sealed and filled with Nitrogen gas to prevent condensation issues. Earlier scanning type thermal images sometimes encased their scanning mirrors in a sealed module that was either at a soft dry vacuum, or were filled with Nitrogen gas. My Agema 880 is such a unit so I would not open its optical block without good reason.

Fraser

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 08:58:13 pm »
Hello
I have a problem with FLIR P620 camera. When turned on, the camcorder turns on. The picture hangs. I see shadows lika picture in pictue (but both are thermal).

Where can I fix this, I'm in Germany from Berlin. I do not want to send it to FLIR because they are very dear. I found one service in Poland in Wroclaw that is 350km from me. Their repair page:
http://e50.pl/serwis/4587303493 . Czy w Niemczech znacie jaki? serwis? Jak nie to zawioz? go do tej firmy.

For clarity, could you confirm whether you are talking about a P620 or a T620 (as per post title). Regardless, I have seen this fault before: the FFC shutter is stuck or malfunctioning. You can confirm this by logging into the service page of the camera and performing a diagnostic. I would try this first just to confirm the issue. Unfortunately the camera that I had this fault with, had to go back to FLIR - I didn't have the parts available to me to carry out the repair myself.

Offline joe-c

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 10:16:58 pm »
...Where can I fix this, I'm in Germany from Berlin. I do not want to send it to FLIR because they are very dear....
i sen you PM, but maybe you don't get it.
i live in Berlin, i can take a look on it.
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 11:32:01 pm »
That is nice of you Joe-C. The OP seems to have gone quiet since his original post.

Hopefully he found the help he needed to get the camera repaired somewhere.

As he did not even confirm the model of Camera for Chanc3, I lost interest in helping.

Fraser

The following users thanked this post: joe-c

Offline Slavomir

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 04:58:03 pm »
Hello Everybody,
I'm new member of this blog from Poland (sorry for my English).
I see that somebody has problem with "ghost" in FLIR P620 model. This is old problem whit this type of infrared cameras. According to my experience as ex-FLIR's service engineer I could say that repairing of this cameras is raver possible only in producer service in Stockholm.
Service is expensive  :-\

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 05:08:59 pm »
Do you happen to have a picture made by such faulty camera?
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 07:22:13 pm »
Hello Everybody,
I'm new member of this blog from Poland (sorry for my English).
I see that somebody has problem with "ghost" in FLIR P620 model. This is old problem whit this type of infrared cameras. According to my experience as ex-FLIR's service engineer I could say that repairing of this cameras is raver possible only in producer service in Stockholm.
Service is expensive  :-\
Could you elaborate on the problem if you know more about it? Also keen to know more about your time as a FLIR technician.

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »
Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your help and commitment. I went to this company and they fixed my camera in 20 minutes, it turned out that there is a small prblem. Now the camera is working perfectly.I like this forum because the people here are very helpful.

Respect for You

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 10:05:20 pm »
This is a forum to help. Flir's service is very expensive. My camera has already been repaired by this company.www.e50.pl Your information is not up to date.
Best wishes

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 10:08:02 pm »
Can't believe I almost fell for this shill post! Talk about advertising the business!

Offline Ultrapurple

• Super Contributor
  • Just zis guy, you know?
    • Therm-App Users on Flickr
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 05:03:28 am »
@Chanc3 - maybe this will serve as an object lesson to others: pretty much everyone said "don't go near that place, it looks like they haven't a clue what they're doing". With any luck this thread will show up to anyone searching for e50.pl thermal camera repair in the future. 
Rubber bands bridge the gap between WD40 and duct tape.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 07:31:19 am »
I am slow on the uptake here. I take people at face value until proven otherwise. Once disappointed, I 'take no prisoners' though.

So who is the Shill in this thread ? and why is this believed to be the case. It appeared a standard request for help but the repair time on the camera seemed impressive at only 20 minutes. Dismantling and re-assembly in a carefully manner in my lab would normally take longer. I take my time though as haste can be your enemy where fragile ribbon interconnect cables and complex PCB structures are concerned.

Seems a weird approach to attracting business. A straight forward "I repair thermal cameras at reasonable prices" would have been enough to raise a repairers profile. Such a service is rare, as already stated.

All a bit confusing really. I will not knock a hobbyist repairing cameras as that is basically what I am these days. Then again I am fortunate to have experience on my side. I am also 'non-commercial' and just do the odd favour for people in need.

If this thread is just an advertising attempt then I am unimpressed with that person and will not provide future comment or help to them. it is not cool to waste others time in order to get your business noticed.

As for the Polish company www.e50.pl , I have already made my views known on what is pictures contained on that web site. It appears to be a classic 'hobbyist repair' set up with a cramped desk surrounded with 'stiff' that does not belong around a valuable thermal camera that is under repair. Such work does normally demand a nice orderly and clean work area, at least for the duration of the repair whilst the camera is disassembled. Order id your friend when working on such a camera technology, especially if the camera belongs to a paying client. I am not impressed with the views of the cameras under repair. It all looks very amateur and 'back street repairer' to my eyes. Such may be a very unfair view of the business, but the provided pictures are all we have to assess the workshop conditions. Possibly fine for someone working on their own cameras at home, not so fine for a commercial repair operation. 

Pictures are here

http://www.e50.pl/serwis/4587303493

Would I send a camera to that 'repair business' ? No, but then I have no need to anyway, I repair my own and enjoy doing so  ;D

Fraser
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:08:10 am by Fraser »

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 07:46:52 am »
I am slow on the uptake here. I take people at face value until proven otherwise. Once disappointed, I 'take no prisoners' though.

So who is the Shill in this thread ? and why is this believed to be the case. It appeared a standard request for help but the repair time on the cameras seemed impressive as dismantling and re-assembly in a carefully manner in my lab would normally take longer. I take my time though as haste can be your enemy where fragile ribbon interconnect cables and complex PCB structures are concerned.

Seems a weird approach to attracting business. A straight forward "I repair thermal cameras at reasonable prices" would have been enough to raise a repairers profile, as such a service is rare, as already stated.

All a bit confusing really. I will not knock a hobbyist repairing cameras as that is basically what I am these days. Then again I am fortunate to have experience on my side. I am also non-commercial and just do the odd favour for people in need.

If this thread is just an advertising attempt then I am unimpressed with that person and will not provide future comment or help to them. it is not cool to waste others time in order to get your business noticed.

Fraser
Hi Fraser

SWAGGYD is the blatant shill here. He mentions repair company in first post, then doesn't answer any requests for further information, then says he took it to the repair place in first post and they fixed in 20 minutes. No more information, no details etc so it screams shill.

It wouldn't be so bad if they just introduced themselves and maybe even explain a few repairs or help others out. I'm all for that, as I'd do the same (and I do).

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 08:20:50 am »
Thanks Chanc3,

I have received posts from SWAGGYD in the past, on the E4 teardown thread. His posts appeared to cast doubt on my PM series thermal cameras purchases and the prices I paid for them. Not a good way to endear oneself to me  ;D He claimed he could not find such good deals on cameras so appears to be a 'newbie' in the world of thermal cameras, and not 'Hard Core' like me  ;D

Oh well, it was interesting to see someone trying to carve out a business repairing thermal cameras. I have been tempted to set up a commercial repair operation but I am no business man and would likely just end up repairing cameras for free, or at a loss, and going bust  ;D

Fraser

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf