Author Topic: Flir Tau 2 Infrared Camera Issue  (Read 2663 times)

Offline ixiuTopic starter

• Contributor
Flir Tau 2 Infrared Camera Issue
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:57:39 am »
I have a Flir core Tau 2 camera that I connect to a laptop via USB. I use the Flir Controller GUI to take snapshots and I encounter the following error when i try to retrieve and view snapshots that i have taken.

Additional info:
Windows 10 machine
Snapshots taken can only be viewed through the GUI, they are not on the SD card (when i look used SD card reader).
The software works fine on windows 7.
Under properties option on the windows 10 machine you can run the software in Windows 7 compatibility mode but it comes up with the same error.     
The Flir tau 2 is not compatible with any other FLir software on their website. However there are 3rd party software it is compatible with, but i am yet to find any.
Snapshot taken files can only be saved in .jpeg format and that choice is not available until the image is retrieved which is where this error occurs. 

any help would be helpful

(I am new if you see a repost of this it was unintentional.apologies )
Thanks   

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Flir Tau 2 Infrared Camera Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 12:23:44 pm »
I believe this is just an incompatibility with Windows 10 and the FLIR SDK. Have you tried windows 8 compatibility mode? Failing that, you could use a virtual machine.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 12:26:27 pm »
Hi Chanc3
I have tried it on all possible compatilility modes. How would I go about getting a virtual machine? Thanks for all the help so far

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 07:19:59 pm »
Ixiu,

Please advise of the history of this TAU2. Was it purchased as a Core kit from FLIR or was it harvested from a complete thermal camera solution, like a Thermal CCTV camera. If so, which model. The TAU2 comes in many forms and some have certain capabilities deliberately inhibited.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:10:53 pm »
Hi Fraser
The camera was given to me to do my dissertation. It is a bit ridiculous but I have ended up just using the tau 2core with a controller attached just as a handheld. Point and shoot by only controlling it using a very basic awful GUI. Sorry can't give you anymore details as that's all the information I have.

Offline railrun

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 12:59:57 pm »
Which GUI-version you are using? I can save snapshots also as tiff. I also think it‘s more a software-problem and not a camera-problem.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 01:05:50 pm »
Hi
I am using Flir GUI framework v2. 0.0118

Offline railrun

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 07:59:12 am »
I hope you use the latest available driver. Have you also tried to start the gui as an „Administrator“?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf