Author Topic: Flir Tools, any alternatives?  (Read 8068 times)

Offline mario.tiTopic starter

• Contributor
Flir Tools, any alternatives?
« on: July 28, 2017, 09:35:34 am »
hi
is there any other program to open, edit, and maybe also to make a reports, from Flir thermal cam.
I saw, that the images from flir e4 are much better, till open and editing in flir tools.
Here's an example.
First image is screenshot from flir tools preview. Second is the same image but after i open it to edit. The difference is colossal
1-st image link
2-nd image

Offline OrBy

• Regular Contributor
Re: Flir Tools, any alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 01:41:34 pm »
Daves BFIC comes to mind.
There is a manual converter as well that tomas123 put a ton of time and effort into that you can use to get some really nice images with.

Search is your friend!

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:17:23 pm »
i just found JoeC free soft in here
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/freeware-software-for-thermal-analysis-thermovision_joec/
It's nice but a little bit complicated as for my needs.

I found Dave's BFIC also. must try  :)

edit:

BFIC make the same thing as flir tools. If I don't editing the original image (except changing the properties or palette in main window), it gives a good end image. But if i open the editor and , for eg. make some heat spot. then the end image is also full of noises.
BFIC also change the original temp. scale. 
eg. if the original image had spectrum scale from 16,3 til 24,6 celcius, so end image is makeing from 18,3 to 24,5 celsius.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 02:58:37 pm by mario.ti »

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:05:38 am »
First image is screenshot from flir tools preview. Second is the same image but after i open it to edit. The difference is colossal
Are you sure you did not modify the range of the color palette in Flir tools? The palette looks quite different, no wonder the picture are looking different then. Maybe you should click on the 'Auto' button of the palette range in Flir Tools first.

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 10:02:44 am »
no, i don't changed anything.
Let's Try to another image.
In first screenshot You see preview one of the images. I cloned it, and only open to edit, do nothing. (secont screenshot). Then i make some spots and save and exit. As you see in a preview (third screenshot) the same image is now in much lower resolution.

On 4-th screenshot You see prewiew, when i open the image, clik 'auto' button, and 'save and exit' nothing more. The image is also not so good

First screenshot

second screenshot

third screenshot

4-th screenshot

One more question, the real photo, doesn't match thermal image, can i change it direct in device, or in flir tools. Now I have factory settings (eg. 1m focus)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:07:35 am by mario.ti »

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 11:07:40 am »
mmmh I never had that - this might happen be because you only have a resolution of 80x60. Maybe you should try to enhance your E4 to 320x240 (see other threads how to do this). I doubt, anybody here at EEV Blog uses 80x60  >:D

Offline joe-c

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 06:51:10 pm »
Are you sure you did not modify the range of the color palette in Flir tools? The palette looks quite different, no wonder the picture are looking different then. Maybe you should click on the 'Auto' button of the palette range in Flir Tools first.
Pinkus is right. its just a color palette change.

i use one of mario.ti images and use the image from Pinkus as "external color palette".
see the result... there is no change in temperature Scale or Resolution, it just look like that...
i just found JoeC free soft in here
It's nice but a little bit complicated as for my needs.
can you tell me what exactly you want to do?
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 09:10:08 am »
joe-c, i think you've right. But why flir tools do that. Anyway, i'm testing your program, and it's much better. Can you tell me is there a possibility to making a reports from many images in one time (like in flir tools)

Pinkus, i bought E4 just because i read here about possibility to changing res. But as one of the first i received cam. in 2,0L soft 3.5.0. Unfortunately, as for now, there's no way to make changes. EEV link
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:17:46 am by mario.ti »

Offline joe-c

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »
Anyway, i'm testing your program, and it's much better. Can you tell me is there a possibility to making a reports from many images in one time (like in flir tools)
Thank you.
for now there is only the "manual" way... open a image... make a report... open the next image and add the Pictures, Measurement Table and so on.

I think about a batch processing for selected images in "Image Browser". Maybe its a good idea to add pages to a report instead of create a new report for each File.
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 01:46:08 pm »
Joe-C   it's a good thinking, so if you have time, do it :-)

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 10:18:45 am »
this Flir Tools doesn't give me peace  ;D, so i wrote to Flir. After a coupple e-mails with Support Engineer, he admit, that is a flir tool issue..... but they don't know how to fix this.  Really  :--

Offline apelly

• Supporter
  • Probe
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 09:24:21 pm »
To save some other visitors to this thread a bit of time, there's some info on the forum about daves' BFIC here and here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf