Author Topic: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC  (Read 506785 times)

Offline TheNetStriker

Re: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2018, 01:37:53 pm »
There are two devices appearing in the device manager when I connect the camera, but I wasn't able to install any of the drivers for those devices. Is there a guide somewhere on how to install the correct drivers?
you need to install the zadig drivers (winusb).
https://zadig.akeo.ie/

See Attachment, its for the pro, but similar to the regular seek.
best wishes.

Thanks for the hint. This also works for the non pro version.

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2018, 01:45:35 pm »
Hi Joe-c,

just a quick tip (or request) for a future update. At the report, when you display the measures table, all temperatures have like 4 or 5 decimals while the picture has only one. I know it is not super important, but would be more elegant to use the same round of one decimal both at the picture and the table.

I'm still struggling with the calibration of my Seek but your software gives a whole new meaning to this small gadget! Thanks again!!

Offline joe-cTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2018, 08:55:55 pm »
just a quick tip (or request) for a future update. At the report, when you display the measures table, all temperatures have like 4 or 5 decimals while the picture has only one. I know it is not super important, but would be more elegant to use the same round of one decimal both at the picture and the table.
Hi, its noted on my todo list.

I'm still struggling with the calibration of my Seek but your software gives a whole new meaning to this small gadget! Thanks again!!
Your welcome.
Yes... the Seek is not that comfortable delivering clean images like the Thermal Expert. I believe its necessary to make some hardware changes like an external shutter and temperature stabilization.

Sadly I cant explore the possibilities of the seek yet. Since the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) I have to move my Website to a new version of PHP and CMS.
There still some Design issues...  :-/O
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

The following users thanked this post: santasemilla

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2018, 02:41:53 pm »

Sadly I cant explore the possibilities of the seek yet. Since the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) I have to move my Website to a new version of PHP and CMS.
There still some Design issues...  :-/O

That sounds like a lot of work ahead. Nevertheless I don't feel so uncomfortable with the image quality. A quick cold-hot calmap gets a clean image. When I play with this gadget I do as you suggested. I let it stabilize, then switch to RAW and do a calmap. The only strange thing is that with my camera I need to do a live offset of around -18°C to be close to the real temperature (I first check with the seek android app at stabilize walls for example). I haven't done my own calibration curve up to now. I should do it. -18 always sounded like way too much to me.

Offline ikrase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2018, 05:03:16 am »
This is some amazing software! I wonder if I could make a self-contained imager with an Intel Compute Stick...

Offline JeffreyLatter

• Contributor
  • Electronics Technician
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2018, 12:30:50 pm »
Hi guys!

First of - Thank you Joe-C for the effort you put in Thermovision  :-+ :-+

Now - I have a Seek CompactPro FF (Identified in Seek App) iOS version, but made a adapter for it adn it gets detected by win10 and using Zadig, I have installed WinUSB driver on the iAp device.

Using both Thermovision and the seekOfix, I can't seem to get any image.
I hear the shutter click once when I hit 'Connect' and both Connect and Stream goes green - After a short time Streaming goes red.
No shutter clicks are heard after the first one.

Anyone with info on what the problem might be?  :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:32:39 pm by JeffreyLatter »

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2018, 08:30:10 pm »
First of - Thank you Joe-C for the effort you put in Thermovision  :-+ :-+
you welcome ;)
I have installed WinUSB driver on the iAp device.
for the normal Seek i install WinUSB drivers for 2 devices, but i am not sure about the seek pro. I have found a image, see in attachments.
i can remember the seek has to be removed and reconnected to USB to work, after installing the drivers.
Using both Thermovision and the seekOfix, I can't seem to get any image.
I hear the shutter click once when I hit 'Connect' and both Connect and Stream goes green - After a short time Streaming goes red.
No shutter clicks are heard after the first one.
I see there is no frame arrived... on bottom right there is the resolution of the image, it don't looks like there is something received.
I never had to do with a iOS Seek Pro, i believe they are similar to the android version but i am not sure.

Maybe there is a problem with Win10, i know there problems to get the Network access to a FLIR camera via USB.
Maybe you an try this on a Win7 PC...

Best wishes

Offline JeffreyLatter

• Contributor
  • Electronics Technician
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2018, 09:23:55 pm »
Thank you Joe!

I actually tried installing drivers on both devices and thought that I tried to unplug/reconnect the unit, but guess not.  :palm:
After doing this, it worked like a charm, so I do feel kind of dumb  :-DD

Edit:
Attached a DeathPixelMap  :-+
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:56:04 pm by JeffreyLatter »

Offline ikrase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2018, 06:32:17 am »
Does anybody have experience using Thermovision with low-powered computers such as small Intel Atom machines?

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2018, 06:58:15 pm »
Does anybody have experience using Thermovision with low-powered computers such as small Intel Atom machines?

Hi Ikrase, I use it with a 2in1 tablet, the Cube i7 Book. It has a Core m3 6Y30 1.51GHz (Skylake) processor and Thermovision runs smoothly. You should not have trouble with an Atom I guess as far as the OS won't drag the overall performance.

Offline ikrase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2018, 01:14:13 am »
Interesting. Maybe my compute stick monocular can become a reality.

Offline flyingfishfinger

• Contributor
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2018, 06:47:30 am »
If this can be built for Windows 10 as a UWP, it could be run on a Snapdragon chipset with Win 10 IoT. Joe-C himself didn't have the time or necessity to do this, and I haven't had any success yet. Changing the build target from x86 to ARM breaks all sorts of things and I haven't had time to work on it further either in the past few months...

R

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2018, 09:47:27 pm »

Hello,

here is the next step... Version 1.9.0.0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aLDYWCpmBErAR73hmy5tdUJK8k3bo69K/view?usp=sharing

Big things:
CameraCommanderFLIR
it was previously called "EX-Tools" and was a separate application made for the enhanced FLIR E4, but also works for many other FLIR Cameras. Now its renamed and a dockable subwindow.
There is also an FTP Tab to be able to explore and download files from the camera. The FTP is not that beautiful and features rich like FileZilla, but it works with older instructions, therefore it can read files from an old Thermacam E45 (or E4). I will open a separate thread for that later.
I also combined the "Device: FLIR Ex" and "Function:Flir IR image Grabber" to a "Device: Flir" with shared connection and cal settings.

language folder instead of one file
it was necessary because there was to much content. Now there is one folder for each language and there is one file for each (sub)window. this should also help to maintain the software better without changes on older windows.
the language label has now a mouse menu to make a change easier. i hope all translations match, improvements are welcome.

Testo .bmt files are supported now. I know 2 types of Thermal frames and 2 Types of visual images (PNG and JPG frames). the provided sample images from there Software will work and from a Testo 880-1 too.
2 Notes... Testo store the Thermal frame as float temperature array, therefore the temperatures were read, not calculated like images from a flir. And images with SuperResolutions was just an array of single frames. Testo calculates the SR Image on opening in their software, therefore i only read in native resolution.

other stuff:
- Seek Reveal Pro tiff frames can be read... a poor implementation now... i only grab the frame which is remapped with given min and max values or with a 2 point calibration with slope and offset. sadly i know not enough about the format, and seek seems to tell nothing about...
- 3x3 Kernel for point measurements are default active now
- Settings file can be accessed directly, and "Save on close" can be disabled for current running instance
- fast refresh option (mouse menu) will now actualize the measured Data in the Meas grid
(need to be disabled if the performance degenerates on smaller pc's)
- a parameter to reload the last settings of the window (-WINSIZE, this was previously standard, but make problems in some cases, therefore optional)
- a parameter to start in Camera mode (-CAM)
- round Data for the Values in a Report
- report: tables have now a header
- process visual image setup can be saved and loaded now. Additional: stored setups can be executed directly from mouse menu from visual window.
- sometimes "disable measurement" don't work, this is now fixed
- Visual: "Lock IR-Ratio" will now also work for numeric direct changes
- changes for DIY-Thermocam initialization (i hope it work's now for all)
- initialize an empty 160x120 frame to be able to use -FS and -CAM command without an image
- disable WebcamA on opening VisualProcessing window (don't need a new Frame if you want to change the current)
- Visual relief has now an invert option (don't need to invert the numeric factor for single relief manually)
- Visual relief is more stable (no more Memory overflow in some settings)
- 2x new Slots for the palette generator:
(need to be placed in TVisionData\ and have to be called "Slot1.ppg" and "Slot2.ppg")
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/palette-generator-free-tool-to-create-thermal-palettes-for-flir-tools/msg1440174/#msg1440174

Additional i have only Win7 here and build for win10 and windows UWP are only for Win10 users. Running on a tiny stick sounds really interesting for cameras...

good night
joe-c

The following users thanked this post: santasemilla, Paul Hsieh, elninjo888

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2018, 11:01:53 pm »
great that you are able to work on the software again.

Do you think it would be able to read .pngs made in the ThermalCamera+ app if you have the radiometric jpg as well? My goal is to get a real 80x60 raw or even the superresolution 160x120 in a raw and equalized format for further processing.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2018, 04:00:03 am »
Do you think it would be able to read .pngs made in the ThermalCamera+ app if you have the radiometric jpg as well? My goal is to get a real 80x60 raw or even the superresolution 160x120 in a raw and equalized format for further processing.

hi,
i remember the *.png files are just snapshots and has no temperature frames inside, only the *jpg contains a thermal frame. if i not wrong, the ThermalCamera+ App ever store a x2 thermal frame, this can be done by SR or linear interpolation. I have a option to reduce the size to native resolution (Device: flir->Tab:jpg->half size + Reload image), this should deliver a thermal frame in native resolution. for external processing you can use the Function: Export Image->16bit tif.
regards
joe-c

Offline riccardo.pittini

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2018, 07:51:39 am »
Short question on the software. :)

Does it support Flir fixed mount cameras like the A35 series? (ethernet connection)   ;D

Flir original software... is just ... no comment.. bugs crashes a real pain...

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2018, 10:14:57 pm »
Short question on the software. :)

Does it support Flir fixed mount cameras like the A35 series? (ethernet connection)   ;D

Flir original software... is just ... no comment.. bugs crashes a real pain...
Hello,

for now... sadly no.
but if you have a SDK and know a little about c# programming, you can download the "SeekThermal_TCameraDll.zip", there is a host application.
If you implant your camera in the DLL and can get a live image on the application, just use your dll in Thermovision... there 2 slots for Camera DLLs.

Source are here (goto download on bottom):
http://joe-c.de/pages/projekte/thermovision.php

Offline lzqing

• Contributor
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2018, 05:11:33 am »
Very good news here.
I got iPhone version Seek Thermal working well with this software.

Offline gerritvt

« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2018, 06:24:57 pm »
hi lzqing,
wich adapter are you using for the seek thermal ios to usb

Gerritvt

Offline tal2l

« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2018, 06:37:52 pm »
hello every one :)
first, thank you joe-c for doing such a good job, it helps me a lot!

I have a question for the SEEK THERMAL users. I use the seek thermal compact pro for android and as was mentioned already it has a little problem that the camera becomes warmer during time in it affect measurements.
does anyone found a good solution for that?
does any one tried to open the plastic cover and to couple it to a heatsink?

thanks in advance
Tal

Offline scelestus13

« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2019, 01:25:56 am »
Hi,

first, I should say this program is a HUGE help, and thank you for making it available!

I'm looking for an open source program for Seek CompactPRO (I need to make some specific changes for a research project) and was wondering if JoeC or others knew of anything that would work (currently, I'm trying to rework ThermoViewer 007 on JoeC's website-- is this the best route to take?)

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2019, 09:56:27 pm »
Hello,
I'm looking for an open source program for Seek CompactPRO (I need to make some specific changes for a research project) and was wondering if JoeC or others knew of anything that would work (currently, I'm trying to rework ThermoViewer 007 on JoeC's website-- is this the best route to take?)
this old package can be used as reference, but i propose to use the "TCamDll":
http://joe-c.de/pages/posts/version_1.8.0.0_tcamdll_207.php

this hold 2 projects... one for interfacing the camera and one for display the image. you can change it to your needs.
If you change only the DLL and use the same interface syntax, you can use your new DLL with the Thermovision Software.
You can make your own processings in the DLL and use the TV-Software for store the image, measurements or other stuff.

The TCamDll Sample is for regular Seek (and XR) and the Pro version.
Best wishes
joe-c

The following users thanked this post: scelestus13

Offline scelestus13

« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2019, 12:37:24 am »
Worked perfectly, thank you so much!

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2019, 12:22:06 am »
Hi joe-c, as always thanks a bunch for the availability of this software!

I just tried version 1.9.0.0. I have a Seek Thermal and when I plug the camera I have the Seek_WarmupDrifftCorrection.wdc file missing. I guess I can get it from version 1.8.0.0.. but I would like to confirm with you as I don't know if you've done any modifications. I also ask... is there any improvement for Seek calibration?

Thanks a lot once again!

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2019, 04:15:38 pm »
Hello,

sorry about that, it was my mistake. I removed some test files and accidentally delete also the WDC file.
the File is known in the config file but it wasn't found while reading the setup.
there 2 Ways to solve it...

1. copy the file from another Version, more info about the WDC here:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://joe-c.de/pages/posts/planck_calibration_209.php&prev=search
2. goto: \TVisionData\Cal\FlirOne_Cal_Autoload.TEC and open it in the editor...
Change: chk_PlanCal_WDC_Active: True to: chk_PlanCal_WDC_Active: False and overwrite it.
In this case, the WDC is no more used.

sorry about that.
For now, i have no improvements related to the seek.
i work currently with the new Thermal Expert SDK ... this will support the M1 and Q1 (verified), the V1 should work.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf