Author Topic: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC  (Read 506691 times)

Offline joe-cTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
Re: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2017, 08:27:35 pm »
Each time I start the application as a regular user.
Anyways it is good that in my C:\ThermoVision_JoeC_V1.4.0.0RelFE the program works much better.
I am under Windows 10, 64 bit.
Thanks. But what do you mean with "works much better"?
As for the histogram. Up to now I have thought that if I adjust the range manually I sent a
commands to the camera and camera adjusts its temperature range.
Based on your explanation about "everything", "only area" it seems it is not the case.
Can you please shed some light on this? 
The Camera delivers only pixel intensity in relation to the temperature. There only one command ("get frame") and one response... the frame itself (this contains the thermal image and some unknown extra infos).
With auto scale the highest and the lowest pixel will set the scale and you see the whole frame.
But for example, you will see the reflection from a soldering iron, so you look with the camera on a soldering iron and the image shows the temperatures from low (background) to high, the tip of the soldering iron.
Now you have to hold the stream or disable the auto scale and lower the span to the range of the background. Now you cant see the soldering iron, this is out of range, but you can analyze the background, because they have now not only one color, like before.
Despite my efforts to use Zadig as a open driver the images I get are not as good as what I get immediately by i3Systems USB driver.
Does i3Systems USB driver deals with the dead pixels itself?
I don't see my big bad pixel with the i3Systems USB.
Yes.... the first 6.5 Seconds the "flash" was read. That means, the Death pixel map and some calibration frames was stored inside the camera and they was read and processed inside the DLL. A function of the DLL delivers the thermal image, all processing (removing death pixel) was done inside.
From the things I have tried I was not able to understand/make it working:
- Deleting of the MinMAx measurement
you tried the way with right mouse menu->delete this measurement...right?
Yes... min and max are special measurements. They was only refreshed in special cases like loading a new image.
They also are no virtual objects like lines or spots... they don't highlight if the mouse pointer is over the name (not the label).

Enable and disable both you can do with the red and blue cross symbol in the menu line, right to the label "New:".
If you right click on this symbol, you force refresh a recalculation of the min and max values, this was also note in the status bar below in the bottom line.
Normally this don't have to be necessary.
Additional they are listed in the MeasGrid in the group "(1) Spots" on top.
- Time Plotter, what it is about?
if time plot was unfold, all active measurements can be set for plot (in Window "Meas Table").
If you start the plot, the value of the measurement was copied as new point in the curve. You  will get a change of temperature over time.
I will play with visual blending using my web camera as a visual camera later.
Can you explain how well I have to align the view of the thermo and visual camera? 
fist time you have to use "standard offset" from the mouse menu in the Visual window.
More information about the visual blending are noted here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/freeware-software-for-thermal-analysis-thermovision_joec/msg1059430/#msg1059430

thanks again, for your note about the crashes.
joe-c
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2017, 12:09:31 am »
Hi Joe,

Anyways it is good that in my C:\ThermoVision_JoeC_V1.4.0.0RelFE the program works much better.

Thanks. But what do you mean with "works much better"?
Well you remember my issues with the red Load button. Noting from the Ilustration tab was working.
After moving the whole application tree to the c:\ the problem started working OK

As for the histogram. Up to now I have thought that if I adjust the range manually I sent a
commands to the camera and camera adjusts its temperature range.
Based on your explanation about "everything", "only area" it seems it is not the case.
Can you please shed some light on this?
The Camera delivers only pixel intensity in relation to the temperature. There only one command ("get frame") and one response... the frame itself (this contains the thermal image and some unknown extra infos).
With auto scale the highest and the lowest pixel will set the scale and you see the whole frame.
But for example, you will see the reflection from a soldering iron, so you look with the camera on a soldering iron and the image shows the temperatures from low (background) to high, the tip of the soldering iron.
Now you have to hold the stream or disable the auto scale and lower the span to the range of the background. Now you cant see the soldering iron, this is out of range, but you can analyze the background, because they have now not only one color, like before.[/quote]
I see

Thank you Joe!
I will test some more later.
Dimitar

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2017, 12:25:09 am »
Thank you Joe!
I will test some more later.
Thank you too.
and please use the new Version 1.4.1.0 from here: https://goo.gl/7xKFlg

Changes:
- bugfix: loaded TV-Image over Drag & Drop can't Saved with "Save changes"
- bugfix: Cold and Hotspot was not drawn in Snapshot or Preview
- bugfix: Crash if high processing is active on Thermal Expert "intern" i3 DLL (Interpolation x4, or x2 + Sharpen ...)
- At Calibration now a "Copy To Cam" Button exist, so no more copy Slope and Offset Value by hand.
- Remove Death Pixel Kernel improved for bigger Areas (Seek Thermal and Thermal Expert)

Sadly i can't test the new Death Pixel Kernel... i just hope it works  :popcorn:
joe-c

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2017, 12:51:00 am »
Hi Joe,

I confirm that now x4 and sharpen works.
I also tried two point calibration and it is working too.
However once I got very strange result while I was doing the two point calibration.
The whole program got killed and the ThermoVision_JoeC.exe disappeared.
This was happening before with the old version too.
It is not a show stopper but it is strange.

The dead map behaves strange too. Once I got very good map but few minutes later it was bad see attachments.

Best Regards
Dimitar

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2017, 09:54:55 am »
However once I got very strange result while I was doing the two point calibration.
The whole program got killed and the ThermoVision_JoeC.exe disappeared.
This was happening before with the old version too.
It is not a show stopper but it is strange.

The dead map behaves strange too. Once I got very good map but few minutes later it was bad see attachments.
Do you mean it disappears in Task manager or it was removed from the folder?
I will look on this soon.

to the TE_DeathPixelMap2.png Map. it looks like one of the calibration frames was not get from the uniform heated surface but from a normal scene.
Better let the camera view to the calibration surfaces until the button change the color (and the process sequence is finished).
Each time the GO-Map button was clicked, the Calibration frames was created/overwritten, so you can repeat as often you will.

Edit: interesting, your big Death Pixel Spot was no more there  8)

Joe-c
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:56:57 am by joe-c »

Offline Jeroen13

• Contributor
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2017, 03:10:28 pm »
Hi Joe,

Can you also use the i3 driver under windows 10 64 bit. ThermoVision works only with the zadig driver on Win10 x64

Joe-C:
Is there a way to remember the settings in ThermoVision ? Everytime I reopen Thermovision I have to put all the settings back.
And is manual range possible ?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:58:51 pm by Jeroen13 »

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2017, 09:36:38 pm »
Hi Jeroen13,

Let me try to offload Joe-c and answer, Joe-c please correct me if I said something wrong.

Can you also use the i3 driver under windows 10 64 bit. ThermoVision works only with the zadig driver on Win10 x64
I tested with both i3 drivers and zadig and ThermoVision is working on my Windows 10 64bit.

Is there a way to remember the settings in ThermoVision ? Everytime I reopen Thermovision I have to put all the settings back.
I have noticed that some of the settings are kept. (probably all of the settings I don't know?) Can you mentioned which settings reset?

Joe-c, When I was doing calibration the whole Termovison got killed (from the task manager). I didn't get any error message. In addition my Termovision shortcut lose its icon so I have checked and ThermoVision_JoeC.exe was not there anymore where it was suppose to be.
I got this few time up to now and making the ThermoVision_JoeC.exe read only didn't solve it.
It may be something to my machine, let see if anyone else get this.

Regards
Dimitar   

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2017, 12:51:51 am »
About the Settings, yes, some of them was stored and some of them not.
the Thermal Blending Value and the Visual Isotherm Threshold value was not stored for example. because they will be stored in the Dataset with a image. Because this, an additional store from the last state was not implant.
maybe I missed some values... I tried a little bit and found the Temperature offset will not be stored, or the convolution kernel... should they be stored on close?
or some other settings?

Joe-c, When I was doing calibration the whole Termovison got killed (from the task manager). I didn't get any error message. In addition my Termovision shortcut lose its icon so I have checked and ThermoVision_JoeC.exe was not there anymore where it was suppose to be.
I got this few time up to now and making the ThermoVision_JoeC.exe read only didn't solve it.
thank you for telling me.
after some tries I found a issue using the tab "Mapcal" from Calibration window. Did you use that?
If yes, this function works only if the TE was connected with the Zadig Driver, and the Camera Switch on top will stand on "Thermal Expert Q1" and not "Seek Thermal".
The "Create new GO-Maps" does the same (just more automatic).
And for the 2Point calibration, just use from "2 Point Cal." tab the blue box... Start calibration... get Low, get Hi... the results was below...Pass or Fail.

If not, please tell me what you have done to get this crash.
Did you use the Zadig or the i3 DLL Way?
What was the last Button you pressed.

Additional... I see I forgot to tell something about the new Camera mode (in menu bar on right site).
It is a full screen Mode for Tablets. Maybe the Button size should be better...
well, it's just an alpha version of the function.

Joe-c

Offline Jeroen13

• Contributor
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2017, 12:23:36 pm »
Hi Jeroen13,

Let me try to offload Joe-c and answer, Joe-c please correct me if I said something wrong.

I tested with both i3 drivers and zadig and ThermoVision is working on my Windows 10 64bit.

How did you manage that, Thermovision gives the following error with the internal driver: i3system_USB_DLL_V2_1.dll not loaded (0x8007007E)

Regarding the saving, I mounted the camera above my motorcontroller project and I want to keep it there for some periode. But every time I restart the program I have to redo all the markers and the color palette. It would be nice if it could be saved in a project file or something.

For the rest this is a really nice program with a lot of features, great work Joe-C  :-+ :-+

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2017, 12:55:56 pm »
Hi Jeroen13,

Joe-C has two versions of his software. In the full version there are some i3 dlls.
Check if you have i3system_USB_DLL_V2_1.dll and i3system_TE_dll.dll in your version
and if not copy from the full version or from the i3 SDK/software.
I believe I also copied exiftool.exe. Not sure how important it is

Regards
Dimitar 

The following users thanked this post: Jeroen13

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2017, 01:05:25 pm »
Quote from: dpenev on Today at 08:36:38 AM
thank you for telling me.
after some tries I found a issue using the tab "Mapcal" from Calibration window. Did you use that?
If yes, this function works only if the TE was connected with the Zadig Driver, and the Camera Switch on top will stand on "Thermal Expert Q1" and not "Seek Thermal".
The "Create new GO-Maps" does the same (just more automatic).
And for the 2Point calibration, just use from "2 Point Cal." tab the blue box... Start calibration... get Low, get Hi... the results was below...Pass or Fail.

If not, please tell me what you have done to get this crash.
Did you use the Zadig or the i3 DLL Way?
What was the last Button you pressed.

The kill of the Termovision happened me once when I was doing 2 point calibration.
I don't remember the last button probably Calculate.
I did it several times and it happened only once so must be data dependent.
After this happened I got no ThermoVision_JoeC.exe.

I am doing calibration only with Zadig.

But the situation I get "ThermoVision_JoeC.exe" 'auto disappearing' I was getting pretty often.
I have not analyzed but it seems it was happening after I close ThermoVision_JoeC and restart the PC
It typically happend like that. I decide to test in the morning and I see that the shorcut icon is blank and I get no  ThermoVision_JoeC.exe. I unpack the software again and next morning similar situation.
It is interesting that with the latest software and (probably with my "latest way of working")
I get no more from this issue.
Anyways once again unless other people observe this I recommend you don't spend time on this.

Cheers
Dimitar   

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:09:51 pm by dpenev »

Offline Jeroen13

• Contributor
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2017, 01:27:48 pm »
Hi Jeroen13,

Joe-C has two versions of his software. In the full version there are some i3 dlls.
Check if you have i3system_USB_DLL_V2_1.dll and i3system_TE_dll.dll in your version
and if not copy from the full version or from the i3 SDK/software.
I believe I also copied exiftool.exe. Not sure how important it is

Regards
Dimitar

Thank you this made it work :) :-+

Joe-C:

Would it also be possible to enlarge the markers when you save an image, they are very small if interpolation is used.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:46:08 pm by Jeroen13 »

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2017, 01:30:00 am »
How did you manage that, Thermovision gives the following error with the internal driver: i3system_USB_DLL_V2_1.dll not loaded (0x8007007E)

Regarding the saving, I mounted the camera above my motorcontroller project and I want to keep it there for some periode. But every time I restart the program I have to redo all the markers and the color palette. It would be nice if it could be saved in a project file or something.
I should make a better information if the DLLs was missing and were they can get. My mistake  ::)

normally the TVisionData\Settings.dat was load on startup and written on close. Settings like Color scale should be restored.
Settings like active measurements was not stored.
But there is a way to get a setup of measurements (or "Markers")... just store a image. Inside a Thermovision Image all active measurements was stored. If you load a image, the Frame and many settings was loaded.
After loading a image, you can start the USB Live Stream. The current setup will not be changed, just the frame.
But the situation I get "ThermoVision_JoeC.exe" 'auto disappearing' I was getting pretty often.
I have not analyzed but it seems it was happening after I close ThermoVision_JoeC and restart the PC
It typically happend like that. I decide to test in the morning and I see that the shorcut icon is blank and I get no  ThermoVision_JoeC.exe. I unpack the software again and next morning similar situation.
It is interesting that with the latest software and (probably with my "latest way of working")
I get no more from this issue.
strange  :-//
for me it sounds like a problem with a kind of Antivirus/Malware Blocker or something else. I can't remind any way of deleting the Binary programmatically... no Update function like "delete the old and copy the new" or something else.
So a remove of a File for me sounds like the activity of some Security program that think it found a "Malware". but in that case you should get some kind of notification.
I will try a little bit, maybe I found something.
Would it also be possible to enlarge the markers when you save an image, they are very small if interpolation is used.
For now I have 2 Font sets... one for display internal and one for drawing inside the image ("show meas objects extra" from Functions->Illustration).
I can make 2 more Sets for x2 and x4 interpolation. Then you can customize this settings.
the Font settings are in MeasGrid->(4)Setup and have 3 Values:
1. Font Type and Size
2. "Len Calc" a multiplication to calculate the length of a text field in relation to the number of chars
3. "Box H" the height of  the Text field and in some cases a offset.

For now... enable Interpolation, disable the Meas. Objects (Functions->Illustration->show meas objects extra <Set OFF>), and change the values for "Meas direct" until the size a big enough.

But this is only for the Text fields. I have to think for a better way to improve the Spot size.

Joe-c

Offline dmode90

• Contributor
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2017, 09:12:34 pm »
Dear joe-c, thanks for the great software.
Please look at this i3 T-expert example (.csv file in attachment) opened in v1.3 and v1.4

The picture from the 1.3 version looks a lot better.
In the 1.4.x version exhibits a distinct vertical band on the whole image (1, 2).
There is an incomprehensible part in the right side (3).
With the same range, dark zones in the previous version was darker (4).

Can you return to the new version, the image processing algorithm from the previous version, so that the picture looked more smooth without vertical stripes?
Sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:16:28 pm by dmode90 »

Offline dmode90

• Contributor
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2017, 10:27:50 pm »
Also some strange distortion appears in the new version. Measurement also differ.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2017, 04:46:40 pm »
Also some strange distortion appears in the new version. Measurement also differ.
This comes direct from your camera. Each CSV has 2 Frames inside... a Temperature map and a Byte map.
on Version 1.3 the Byte map was used if found. On version 1.4 you can choose yourself which of the Frames you want to use.

Sadly I have something else to do, so I can explain it more later if you want.

Joe-c

The following users thanked this post: dmode90

Offline Jeroen13

• Contributor
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2017, 06:08:05 pm »
Joe-C is a manual temp range possible ?

Offline dmode90

• Contributor
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2017, 08:34:42 pm »
... so I can explain it more later if you want.
I would be very grateful for futher information

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2017, 10:23:42 pm »
I would be very grateful for futher information
From the beginning... the i3 Stores the CSV file after the IR and Visual Snapshot. The "don’t move" popup disappears after saving the Visual image. So a few seconds after the popup is gone, the Smartphone is storing the CSV image. If you get Images in less than 5 Seconds its possible, that your image data will be truncated.
Previously the Camera stores in the CSV file a 4x4 "low Res" Temperature map. This was 384x288 temperature Values, but in 4x4 blocks the temperature was the same. After the Temperature Map a byte map follows, there was 384x288 intensity Values in byte range (0-255).
In Version 1.3.x the Temperature map was read to acquire the highest and lowest temperature. The following Byte map was used to create the full image. The translation was simple... min byte = min Temperature and max byte = max temperature.
If the following byte map was missed, the Temperature map was used to create the image.
Since android app version 17 (it was December or November if I remember right) the Temperature map was stored in 1x1 instead of 4x4. The Thermovision 1.3 still gets the Byte map if found. So if you remove the byte map in your CSV File, you get the same image as you get in the 1.4.x Version.
Now in the Version 1.4.x you have the option: "read only TempMap" and this was enabled by default. Just uncheck this Option, and you get the image from Byte Map.

Your image is a nice sample... I never get differences like that before.
Anyway, I just can work with the values I get from the Camera. So if you camera stores a "strange distortion", I can just show you that.
Additional, as noted before, the byte map was translated in relation to the temperature Map. Because this, min and max are the same, but values between can be different. So better use the "read only TempMap" for accurate temperatures.

But the "strange distortion" is interesting, I never noted with my camera before, but I also don’t try to save while moving the camera. For me it looks like the App stores while the live stream delivers new data from the Camera.
I think we should tell i3 about this issue...

If you want to compare the 2 Image frames, you should uncheck Menu->Options->"Use Settings from File".
This will not remove all measurements if you read the next image.
I should improve this next time.

Anyway, thank you for your sample pictures.
Joe-C is a manual temp range possible ?
I guess you mean while USB Streaming right?
Each of the Stream Cameras (Seek Thermal, DIY-Thermocam and Thermal Expert) has a normally checked option "Autorange" or "Autoscale". Just uncheck this option and the Scale will not be affected by a new frame and you can set it yourself.

Joe-c

The following users thanked this post: dmode90

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2017, 11:31:46 pm »
Hi dmode90,

How did you captured the CSV files?

Thanks
Dimitar

Offline dmode90

• Contributor
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2017, 10:34:12 am »
Now in the Version 1.4.x you have the option: "read only TempMap" and this was enabled by default. Just uncheck this Option, and you get the image from Byte Map
Why Thermal Expert uses two maps? What's the point of this?
Especially regarding such a big difference in measurements between the maps...

Is it possible to display a bit map, but for the measurements use temperature map?

I think we should tell i3 about this issue...
I tried to ask i3 questions and report bugs in their software, but it looks like they are not interested in feedback.

Regarding distortion, it is unclear why part of the image, which should be on the left side is on the right side. Such behavior is not consistent with the version about the movement of the camera during shooting...

If you want to compare the 2 Image frames, you should uncheck Menu->Options->"Use Settings from File".
I tried. Nothing changed.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:53:19 am by dmode90 »

Offline dmode90

• Contributor
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2017, 10:35:59 am »
source files

Offline dmode90

• Contributor
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2017, 10:52:32 am »
How did you captured the CSV files?
I do not know whether I understood the question right. To keep CSV files, you have to select in the android app settings "Thermal&Visible&Temperature" option.

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2017, 03:13:31 pm »
I've put your csv file in my app for converting i3 csv files...

Image from actual temp values (first part of csv):

Image from 0-255 (single byte) values (second part of csv):

The following users thanked this post: joe-c, dmode90

Offline dmode90

• Contributor
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2017, 04:42:44 pm »
I've put your csv file in my app for converting i3 csv files...
Thank you. Very interesting. No distortion on your version of the heat map.
Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Can you share your app to convert CSV-file?
Is it possible to save the image with thermal data within your app, for further editing in thermal imaging software?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:44:21 pm by dmode90 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf