Author Topic: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC  (Read 506696 times)

Offline jmaja

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2017, 01:39:41 pm »
OK finally understood it's the webcam one must use for the video. Can you get the visual image as well with E4. I could only get PC camera or IR.

rset .system.usbmode UVC_MSD seems to work for getting back to default.

Offline rob9

• Contributor
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2017, 07:07:10 pm »
Hi,

I would like to use a thermal camera as a surveillance cam from morning to night (spotting birds in the garden and trigger an alarm).
The E4 would not be able to do this, right?
Would a T.E. q1 plus do the job?
Besides the video stream with IR-Info and "temp switch" I would need a decent accuracy in varying ambient temperatures without having to manually shuttle/recalibrate in between.

Thx!
Robert

The following users thanked this post: santasemilla

Offline joe-cTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2017, 09:23:00 pm »
You be not the first with FLIR RNDIS problems. ::)
But don’t forget, this way is not for public use. We use a debug access to the Camera, with a lot of more functions, but less support and stability.

The RNDIS_UVC set the USB Mode to NETWORK + WEBCAM. This setting was stored internal, so the next startup automatically restores this setting and it appears to be "permanent".
You can't get the images over the 178mB "FLIR Drive" like in MSD mode.
But... the MSD Mode locks the memory, so you can't take pictures if you have a PC connection. With RNDIS you can still take images and they were stored internal... and you can download them with FTP over the RNDIS mode.
This Feature was actually only implant in Ex-Tools, written for the Upgraded FLIR E4 Camera.

I plan a while later to move the most or all functionality from the Ex tools to the ThermoVision Project.
Well...
I just remove the License Code restrictions. The Ex Tools are Freeware now.
Here is the Download link
: https://goo.gl/chk9uv

I could only get PC camera or IR.
you can select the Visual mode to catch the Visual frame over the Webcam window.
but actually there is no direct way to get the visual frame, like the thermal one.
I would like to use a thermal camera as a surveillance cam from morning to night (spotting birds in the garden and trigger an alarm).
The E4 would not be able to do this, right?
I am not sure the usb connection will work for a long time like that, but I guess it's possible.
Try it  :popcorn:
Would a T.E. q1 plus do the job?
Besides the video stream with IR-Info and "temp switch" I would need a decent accuracy in varying ambient temperatures without having to manually shuttle/recalibrate in between.
it's the same thing. but the TE Q1 has not a internal operation system like the FLIR E4, maybe it's more stable.
I know the E4 has a raw thermal streaming mode, but I haven't the time to play with it.
Additional the TE Q1 delivers thermal data, but you need a external shutter for NUC.

Maybe a Raspberry Pi is good for this job. Stream the Image or Data over Ethernet and trigger a servo or something other for a automatic shutter.

Joe-c
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

Offline rob9

• Contributor
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2017, 03:19:19 pm »

I am not sure the usb connection will work for a long time like that, but I guess it's possible.
Try it  :popcorn:

hehe,
I would but I don't have a cam yet. The agony of not just buying one though... ;D

Not sure I understood correctly: With E4 one can not continuously monitor the video-Stream with "Temp switch", right?
One would need to press the grab IR/Refresh button to capture an image that would then be analyzed?

with q1 the temp switch can monitor the video stream continuously?

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2017, 09:36:18 pm »
Not sure I understood correctly: With E4 one can not continuously monitor the video-Stream with "Temp switch", right?
No... for the "Temp switch" you need thermal Data, not just a video from the Camera.

long time ago i make a longer measurement with my E4 (FW 1.19.8 ) and collect some data over the USB Network mode for
10161 Seconds -> 169.35 Minutes -> 2.8h
it's possible to view the Live image on PC while you track Thermal Values like the Maximum temperature with the Ex Tools, but I guess, it is not stable for 24/7. I can remind that a user catches the Video over night and has various disconnects. The FLIR E4 is a really good handheld device, but not a security camera. But that is just my opinion.
One would need to press the grab IR/Refresh button to capture an image that would then be analyzed?

well... it is possible to make this automatic... but with FPS <1?
with q1 the temp switch can monitor the video stream continuously?
Yes. but its USB too. maybe you have a problem once a night, maybe once a month,  maybe never.
but I guess the TE works longer than the FLIR over a Debug Connection. But that is also just my opinion.

The following users thanked this post: rob9

Offline rob9

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2017, 07:46:46 am »
@joe-c

Ok, now I understand

Thanks again   :)

Offline rob9

• Contributor
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2017, 07:35:04 pm »

The distance to spot ratio might be another thing to be considered.
On the Display one might be able to distinguish a bird from a tree. But the thermal camera would also have to be able to measure the actual head-body-temperature to
trigger the temp switch.
looking at several thermal images of birds, often the head/eyes are the hotspots, measuring maybe 3cm.
With a distance of around 15metres that would be a distance to spot ratio of 500:1.
Being more optimistic and pretending the whole bird is a 5cm big hotspot that would be a distance to spot ratio of 300:1...

I don't know the Distance to spot ratio of the q1/q1 plus but I think 500:1 or even 300:1 is quite challenging

edit: the distance seems to be more like 25 metres, so that would mean a distance to spot ratio of 833:1 to maybe 500:1 ...  :(
I am so sorry guys for making you answer all those questions only to find out that the hardware will probably not be able to perform
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:42:57 pm by rob9 »

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2017, 09:46:11 pm »
Version 1.4.3.2
Download: https://goo.gl/4OVlzs

Changes:
- the Settings window is now embedded as Document window.

Plot Statistic
The Statistic has to be enabled to see it, like histogram->Statistic.
In the table the highest and lowest Value for each (Plot) enabled Measurement during the Run will be stored, and the Time of the change.
There is also a Number of Points Limiter. If enabled, each new point over the allowed threshold will drop the oldest point for this curve. This is for longer measurement to prevent overfill of the Memory.
All previous Plot Settings from the "Functions" window are moved to the Plot window. To extract curves or the Statistic table just use the mouse menu.

Thermal Expert Planck Calibration
If the TE runs with WinUSB (zadig Driver), the temperature can be calculated as before with the 2 Point Cal. Since now it is additional possible to use a Planck Calculation, like on FLIR Images. Each Value can be changed and stored to file. This is a R&D Function with the goal, to make the TE to a self calibrated Thermal Camera with full access to the Parameters.
Now the Raw Device temperature is acquired.
Additional there 2 new Windows:
- TE Extra bytes (Tab "Ext 1"->"Extra Bytes")
shows the attached bytes after the pixel values. I found there some kind of device temperature map. Some unknown values are there... I guess offset 222759 looks like the minimal raw value repeated to end of frame
- Planc Calibration (Tab "Ext 2"->"Show P-Cal Window")
This Tool collect:
+ a Raw value (whole frame or if enabled, only average of cal box)
+ a reference value (you have to enter manual the real temperature of the object which result the raw value)
+ and the device Temperature (actual 2 Values for TEQ1 min and max)

More Infos about TEQ1 Calibration here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/thermalexpert-reverse-engineering-jar-dll/msg1140669/#msg1140669

Good night
joe-c

The following users thanked this post: Jeroen13

Offline Jeroen13

• Contributor
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2017, 06:00:39 am »
Really nice job again  :-+

Are there any advantages using de zadig/planck method over de i3 Driver ? Except for the image quality.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2017, 08:32:53 pm »
Are there any advantages using de zadig/planck method over de i3 Driver ? Except for the image quality.
well, the DLL way is simple and just works. The WinUSB (Raw Mode) has a lot of more settings, but its more customable.
i guess that i3 has fixed the emissivity to 1, in the Raw Mode you can change it.
if the setup is right, it should be possible to measure more accurate than using the DLL.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2017, 09:13:16 pm »
Hello,
today I got a message from a user... he can't download because the file is "infected" and only the owner can download.
I don't know why Google don't contact me if there scanner blocking the files.

Well... I don't placed any Virus or other malware in my Program.
I don't wonder problems with the one or other Virus scanner. A Virus is just a program too.
the scanner can detect, that I read key stokes. But it don't know if I catch passwords or just keys for easier moving one of two images to match a overlay for example.
I contact the support and will see for the next steps.
for now, I uploaded the with the old way (host on my Website).
I tried with this online Scanner: https://www.virustotal.com/
Result for the whole zip: 1/58
Result for just the ThermoVision_JoeC.exe: 2/61
The first is the "Fail" or "Malware detected" and the second is the number of Scans. So 2 Fails and 59 Pass for now.

If I done with the next Version, I try some settings to make it "Virus detector clean". But for now I work on other things.

As a small preview I attach a image with 2 new things:
- Visual isotherm has no more hard borders, its starts with a little opacity
- new option "Visual grayscale". grayscale is better to see in contrast to a color scale.

Joe-c

Offline dmode90

• Contributor
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2017, 09:51:43 am »
today I got a message from a user... he can't download because the file is "infected" and only the owner can download.
I don't know why Google don't contact me if there scanner blocking the files.
Google warned me about the virus as well. I had to mess around with making a copy of the file in my drive to download the "infected" file as the owner.

As a small preview I attach a image with 2 new things:
- Visual isotherm has no more hard borders, its starts with a little opacity
- new option "Visual grayscale". grayscale is better to see in contrast to a color scale.
Is it about 1.4.3.2 version? Because I did not find how to get the smoothed edges with v1.4.3.2 Visual isotherm...

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2017, 06:36:21 pm »
Google warned me about the virus as well. I had to mess around with making a copy of the file in my drive to download the "infected" file as the owner.
interesting, I didn't know it was possible.
Is it about 1.4.3.2 version? Because I did not find how to get the smoothed edges with v1.4.3.2 Visual isotherm...
no, these 2 functions was new features in the next version. in the next few weeks it should be done.

In the next Version it will be possible to load a "multi Plot" (actual name is "all side by side"). The File structure is the same.
so if you store now with "all side by side" you can load them with the next version.

I work now on a Report function. if you what to try the "alpha" Version of the Report, just start the Program with the Argument "-report" and enable the window in the menu.

The following users thanked this post: dmode90

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2017, 10:16:18 pm »
My Webhoster delete my old Version because he also detects a virus.  :palm:

i spend some time and upload a new clean version.
Scan of exe 0/61
Scan of zip 0/58

i hope the problems are gone.  :popcorn:

Offline otokonohito1982

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2017, 04:34:35 am »
Hi Joe,

Am running Win XP machine (32 bit). Problem with advapi32.dll as it does not have the RegGetValue function. Is there a way to modify source code to use RegQueryValueEx instead? Cannot detect my Seek camera, and need to do so urgently.

Thanks!

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2017, 09:33:28 pm »
i did the change to "RegQueryValueEx" some Version ago. i tried a few minutes ago on a x86 Winxp Machine... Seek Compact works without any problems.

Which Program you use?

Offline otokonohito1982

« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2017, 10:09:29 am »
Compiling on SharpDevelop 4.4
Code is C# code from sgstair.
Code compiles on Win 7 32 bit, but the machine I need to use runs on Win xp 32 bit.
Just need to get the correct syntax and function prototype for the function call to RegQueryValueEx on advapi32.dll
The function from C# is: static string RetrieveDeviceProperty(IntPtr devInfo, SP_DEVINFO_DATA devInfoData, string deviceProperty)

Please help me...thanks!

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2017, 09:20:37 pm »
Hello,

here is a old project file for the Seek, with Mapcal if i remember right.
And that use "RegQueryValueEx". I used Sharpdevelop 3.2 and 5.1:
http://joe-c.de/modules/download_gallery/dlc.php?file=156

hope it helps

The following users thanked this post: otokonohito1982

Offline otokonohito1982

« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2017, 04:00:55 am »
Thank you so much! All I had to do was to replace the original NativeMethods.RetrieveDeviceProperty and include the following in NativeMethods.cs:

[DllImport("advapi32.dll",EntryPoint="RegQueryValueEx")]
      public static extern int RegQueryValueEx(IntPtr hKey,string lpValueName,int lpReserved,out uint lpType, IntPtr lpData,out uint lpcbData);

Worked like a charm.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2017, 09:43:02 pm »
Releasing now Version 1.4.4.2

Changes:
-Flir Planck Values are saved on closing application
(each time a Flir *.jpg was loaded, the values was overwritten. This values  will be used to read Sequence files.)
-DIY Thermocam descriptions are now in sub folder
-Visual effects are now located in "Visual->Effects"
-Visual Gray effect is now available (additional to Visual Relief)
(Visual Gray result a grayscale Visual field, with better contrast to the color scale)
-Visual Isoterm now starts with a opacity
(no more hard borders between IR and VIS)
-Spot Measurement has now a 3x3 Kernel option
(if enabled, the result value is the mean of the point value and the surrounding pixels)
-Spot Measurement has now a show Raw option
(if enabled, the raw value was shown below the temperature... useful for calibration)
-Planck Calibration is now usable for Seek Thermal
-Plot multi (previously called "all Side by Side") files can be loaded again
-Plot Marker
(now 3 Marker pairs are usable. each Marker has 2 Points and calculate the difference between both)

WDC (Warmup Drift Correction)
it's a sub function of the "Planck Cal" Window. this use a table to corrects the temperature drift of the camera.
after reading the table, a smoothed curve was used to generate a internal offset table. this offset table was used to correct the Raw value before the temperature was calculated.
the goal is let the cold camera deliver right temperatures.
the wdc file just contains the raw reference value at fist line, followed by pairs of device raw temperature an image raw average value.

To record a new WDC File just point the camera to a uniform heated and temperature stable object. i use the Wall. then enable the camera streaming and the WDC Acquisition from Planck Cal-> Warmup Drift correction.
Wait until the camera is warm.
after save the file, change the raw reference default value to a raw value from the camera if warmup is done.

Flir Sequence (*.seq)
will now calculated with the Planck Values (was shared from Flir image grabber). before anybody open a sequence, fist load a image from this camera to get the Planck Values from the camera to calculate the temperatures right (not for old Exx Series... more info below).
Additional some extra settings like offset and resolution was now set automatically.
I know 2 types of Sequence...
1 with one Header (old cameras like i3-i7 or E30-E60)
2 with 2 types of header (newer Cameras like C2, E4-E8)

now it is possible to record a Sequence with self set parameters. this sequence could be downloaded an read by the Thermal sequence function. each frame can be normally analyzed.

RTF Report
it's only a RTF Editor like Windows WordPad. It has not much functionality, but I guess it's enough for a report.
Functions:
- bold, italic, underline
- incase or decease the font size
- text direction (left, center, right)
- bullet markers
- change color of text foreground or background (or the whole page)
- insert a picture (IR, Visual or select extern file)
- insert measurement Table
- use Templates
- auto insert with "Tags"

Tags are text markers, they will be interpreted and replaced by the requested contend.
for example: #IR:320x240# will result a MainIR image scaled to 320x240 (if you have another Image ratio or use a Portrait format, this values needs to be modified).

its now easy to auto generate a report... just open a image, right klick on the thermal image and choose "Generate Report"  (each time the submenu will be open, the folder with the templates will be explored). If a new template was placed in "ThermoVision_JoeC_V1.4.4.2_relFE\TVisionData\ReportTemplate" it will be selectable on the next right click.

Here are the Project page with some Images:
https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://joe-c.de/pages/posts/version_1.4.4.2_199.php

Sadly there is a problem with "false Positives" on a virus scanner. but older version, (was previously scanned as clean) has now false positives too. I hope the next Scanner update will fix this.
for now there will be shown 2 false positives:
Gen: Variant.Strictor.131700
Trojan.Strictor.D20274ä

Additional note for Exx users (old model without MSX, maybe the new too). i get this camera a few days ago and note, that no Planck values was stored inside the Images. In this case use the "Device: FLIR Ex" Function and connect to the Camera over Network (Wifi or USB RNDIS). with "init Grab"
all Planck values was read.
I see, that the camera has 2 different Sets of Planck values... one for -20 to 120 °C and one for 0 to 650°C

if somebody has problems or questions, let me know.
Joe-c

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2017, 08:00:25 pm »
Hi Joe-C,

Thank you for your great work, it is simply amazing! I'm testing it with a Seek Thermal Pro and I have a specific question. Is there a way to adjust emisivity in your software? Sorry if it is something obvious I'm not seeing.

Thanks again!
Greetings from Argentina.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2017, 08:50:00 pm »
Thank you.
I'm testing it with a Seek Thermal Pro and I have a specific question. Is there a way to adjust emisivity in your software?
Are you sure it is the "Pro"? I implant the Seek Thermal Compact / XR and i guess the Pro is similar, maybe just another resolution setting and that's it. But i never had a "Pro" and cant make any tests.

And to the other Question...
Select Tab: "Ext 2", "use Planck Calibration" have to be checked and there you can set Parameters like emisivity.
But i don't make a calibration for seek yet. Maybe the set will be different for each device.
You have to wait until the Device is warmup (device raw temperature don't change).
and then you need to acquire the raw value and the real value. if you have some points on a wide temperature range, you have to modify the Planck values until you get the right values (meaning, the real temperature and the calculated from raw was close together). if that is done, you should be able to use parameters like emissivity like normal.

good luck :-/O :-DMM

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2017, 06:00:49 pm »
Sorry, my bad! It is a Seek Thermal XR, not the PRO.

Yes, calibration is kind of tricky haha. I've been researching the thread to get a clear idea. I'll give a try to the parameters.
Thanks a lot!

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2017, 11:43:54 pm »
hey guys...
i don't like the virus positives and had a simple idea... i reduce stuff until the scanner say its clan.
i want to see if i can fix the issue or make a second release with little reduced functionality, but "clean".

well... i have no more to reduce but the scanner still shows positives:
Scan with: https://www.virustotal.com/de/
File: ThermoVision_JoeC.exe
Founds: 12 / 60  :scared:
- HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic
- Gen:Variant.Strictor.131700
- malicious (moderate confidence)
- Trojan.Strictor.D20274
- Troj.W32.Generic!c

I use Sharpdevelop 5.1: http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Download/Default.aspx

Can please somebody build his own exe and try it out?
i don't understand whats the problem and why its "positive"  |O

Offline Ben321

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2017, 05:24:25 am »
Some Images from my X-Ray device, maybe interesting for somebody.

I don't remember any difference between the iOS and the Android version. They both connected over USB  :-+
X Ray device? Where did you buy such a thing?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf