www.allpcb.com

Author Topic: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC  (Read 18727 times)

Offline joe-c

• Regular Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
Re: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
X Ray device? Where did you buy such a thing?
i found it on ebay, it was used and bought from a Frenchmen.

i have a hidden project page for this:
https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjoe-c.de%2Fpages%2Fposts%2Fprojekt_x-ray_7.php

A nice device, but now just standing around.
FLIR E4 hardware mods 
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Freeware Remote Software for some FLIR Cameras: Ex Tools

Online santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2017, 05:39:59 AM »
Hi Joe,

I have some questions regarding calibration. I’ve been reading the whole thread this weekend and playing around with my Seek-Thermal (XR).
I’ve been trying to calibrate my Seek with 2Points Calibration option and found out that if I expand the temperature range you cannot trust measures along the span. I tried with a frozen package from the fridge and a hot pan as cold and hot sources. I also have an optic pyrometer which I used as contrast and reference. The result were OK readings at high and low temps (~-14°C and ~150°C) but very inaccurate in a mid-range. I tried my own forehead temperature with the Seek and got 15°C in one calibration and 45°C on another test. (…should have been ~32/34). I tried other close-to-ambient-temperatures and they were equally wrong. When I tried closer deltas for high and low calibrations sources, the skin temperature was closer to reality.

I also played as you say “the dirty way” modifying the slope and offset, but again, if ranges are very apart, that would induce errors along the range. Is this normal? Does anybody has some additional tips to share? Could it be possible to do some “multi-points” calibration? In order to get a curve instead?

Additionally, should I calibrate every time I’ll be using the camera? Should I use save/load in a file? Do you know if this file is still valid if I use the camera with the phone App?

Regarding GO-maps, I was able to get quite a good image quality. Nevertheless, after 4 or 5 seconds after obtaining the map, the high temperature goes up in the scale (not the reading) and the scale shows only low temperatures (mostly blue image with the default colorbar). I tried to disable/enable autoscale a couple of times without results. What could I be doing wrong?
I would really appreciate your help to understand and correct the calibration issues!

Thanks so much!

Thank you.
I'm testing it with a Seek Thermal Pro and I have a specific question. Is there a way to adjust emisivity in your software?
Are you sure it is the "Pro"? I implant the Seek Thermal Compact / XR and i guess the Pro is similar, maybe just another resolution setting and that's it. But i never had a "Pro" and cant make any tests.

And to the other Question...
Select Tab: "Ext 2", "use Planck Calibration" have to be checked and there you can set Parameters like emisivity.
But i don't make a calibration for seek yet. Maybe the set will be different for each device.
You have to wait until the Device is warmup (device raw temperature don't change).
and then you need to acquire the raw value and the real value. if you have some points on a wide temperature range, you have to modify the Planck values until you get the right values (meaning, the real temperature and the calculated from raw was close together). if that is done, you should be able to use parameters like emissivity like normal.

good luck :-/O :-DMM

Offline joe-c

• Regular Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2017, 04:16:48 AM »
hi santasemilla

Very interesting. I had not much tried with the 2 Point Calibration. Meanwhile I know a difference between radiation and temperature.
The radiation and the Temperature are not linear.

The “Planck” Calibration was acquired from a FLIR Camera and should handle the correct transmission between raw and temperature.
And you have a second problem with the Seek... the detector is really temperature sensitive.

Fist you need to stabilize the Seek Thermal Temperature. A big solid metal block should be good for that.
If this is done, you can open the Planck Calibration Window and enter some RAW Values with the Real Temperature.
If you have some Values with different Levels, you should be able to find with “trial and error” the right values for your camera.
Then you should also be able to use the emissivity setting like normal.

To the Mapcal. I have some infos about it on my website:
https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjoe-c.de%2Fpages%2Fposts%2Fprojekt_x-ray_7.php
And here some infos about the Seek Thermal:

Its important to know... the Seek has 2 Modes:
Normal Mode... Shutter rises frequently...each 3-8 Second. On each Shutter processing, the Gain and offset values was set for the Pixels.
Raw Mode... no Shutter, no Gain or Offset changes.

If you perform a mapcal in normal mode, it is possible that the change of the detector temperature will result in a gain or offset change for some pixels. This pixels shift after the Shutter process, but the map has still the old value. Because that after a shutter some single pixels start “glitching”.

I suggest the following way:
1 plug the seek on a metal block to fix the temperature
2 let the seek run in normal mode until the “Raw Temperature” value from the seek was stable... for 20 seconds
3 switch to “Raw” Mode
4 Perform Mapcal
… then  the camera should be in usable condition.

Sadly this have to be repeated if the Seek was removed  from USB.
I see some different voltages inside...like 2.8Vfor the detector.
Its possible to supply that part and unplug from USB without loosing the Gainsetting from the Detector. Then you can reconnect in raw mode with a existing Gainmap.
There is something I want to explore... but no time... standard problem 8)

.. I tried to disable/enable autoscale a couple of times without results. What could I be doing wrong?
I will check this in the next days to be sure it is no bug.
If you disable the Autoscale, the Scale have to be at the last setting.
If some pixels shift they appear in the image, but the whole image should be shown like before.

I hope it helps.
Joe-c

Edit: i had no problems with the disabled Auto scale. I get new frames but the temperature scale don't changes.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:05:11 AM by joe-c »
FLIR E4 hardware mods 

The following users thanked this post: santasemilla

Offline joe-c

• Regular Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2017, 03:45:02 AM »
Version 1.5.0.0

Changes:
- 90° Rotation in MainIR
(if enabled, each rotation in MainIR will also affect the visual image)
- fixed acquisition error for half size Flir images
(reading a Flir One image in real resolution will no more have a line error at the side)
- 2 more types of visual image from Flir Images are supported
(PNG from Exx Series and DAT from Flir One with "Thermal Camera+" App)
- Argus 3 *.raw images are supported now
- Imagebrowser has 3 new sources
--> Flir Exx from SD-Card
--> Flir Exx from folder
--> Argus from folder

And finally... the Program has a new icon, because the previous Icon result a false Virus positive on some scanners.
More Information's here:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjoe-c.de%2Fpages%2Fposts%2Fvirusmeldungen_202.php&sandbox=0
FLIR E4 hardware mods 

Online santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2017, 09:29:29 AM »
Hi Joe,

Thanks for this new upgrade! I'm still struggling with a good calibration of my Seek. I (as usual) have some questions about your software:

Do you have any source to better understand the variables under the Planck Calibration window? For example, what are the Planck_R1/R2/O/B/F variablesand how the "Warmup Drift Correction" works? That would be helpful to better understand the process. By the way, the links you put in your previous answer to my questions I guess they are not right as they point to your x-ray device  ;).

Another question/suggestion:

Would it be possible to shift the temp map after the sample is taken? I mean, in my best calibration I got a constant shift of 3deg C from the real values, so it would be great if I could offset the measures after I save the picture. (...could sound tricky but is like a "dirt calibration" but afterwards)
  Nevermind about this! I found the offset at the Image Processing tab, sorry  :palm:

And  the last one: Would it be possible to plot the scale next to the thermal picture in the report? Maybe there could be some extra variables available, apart from the ones you included, to report and incorporate to a custom template. That would also come in handy!

As usual, thanks so much for this great soft!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:28:51 PM by santasemilla »

Offline joe-c

• Regular Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »
As usual, thanks so much for this great soft!!
You're Welcome
Do you have any source to better understand the variables under the Planck Calibration window? For example, what are the Planck_R1/R2/O/B/F variablesand how the "Warmup Drift Correction" works? That would be helpful to better understand the process.
I just can tell you, that Planck R2 is "global Gain" and Planck O is "global Offset", that I read somewhere from FLIR Camera.
I guess these two values will be used to let each Camera have a specific response in relation to the radiation during the factory calibration. Sadly I don't know more yet.

The Warmup Drift Correction is a simple thing:
Build the Table: point the Seek to a Temperature Stabilized Target and enable Stream and Panck Cal Window->Warmup Drift Correction->(change name and) "start new".
Now each time the "Seek Raw Device Temperature" was changed, the Value and the Raw Mean was recorded (only one value per "Device Temperature"). These two values was stored after "save".
Use the Table: the first value inside the xxx.wdc file was the reference value (value after warm up). each time a new frame arrived from the device, the device temperature was used to acquire a difference to the reference. this difference was removed from the frame value. as a result the  Raw of the Device was shifted to the real raw of the object.
Sadly that don't seems to match on other Seeks, see image.
By the way, the links you put in your previous answer to my questions I guess they are not right as they point to your x-ray device  ;).
Oops :palm:
here the right ones:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjoe-c.de%2Fpages%2Fposts%2Fmapcal_198.php
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjoe-c.de%2Fpages%2Fposts%2Fwaermebildkamera_seek_thermal_178.php
Additional here is a temperature Stabilized Seek with Mapcal and 30FPS Raw Mode (non public feature).

Would it be possible to plot the scale next to the thermal picture in the report? Maybe there could be some extra variables available, apart from the ones you included, to report and incorporate to a custom template. That would also come in handy!
oh  yes... why I missed the scale?!... ::)
this will follow.
Thanks
joe-c
FLIR E4 hardware mods 

The following users thanked this post: santasemilla

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf