Author Topic: I need the blocking pin for Seek Thermal Compact pro  (Read 3099 times)

Offline ObadaTopic starter

I need the blocking pin for Seek Thermal Compact pro
« on: April 19, 2018, 09:45:40 pm »
Hello all,

I need to ask if anyone know where i can buy the blocking pin for seek thermal compact pro Like in picture

Thanks in advance.

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
Re: I need the blocking pin for Seek Thermal Compact pro
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 01:22:27 am »
Hey that's my picture!   :-DD

I have no idea where you might find one other than asking Seek or someone who removed theirs & doesn't want it anymore.  BUT consider this:  If you lost the pin you have also likely lost the reference point of where the lens was able to focus while the pin was installed & you might not be able to get it back in the right place.  The pin restricted the focus adjustment to one turn.   But how far out was the lens when you removed the pin?

My experience is that removing the pin allowed the lens to move out one more turn.  So if you are having trouble focusing without that pin in there, try this:

Turn the lens shroud fully counter-clockwise (not forcing it), then you will have it on very close focus.  And about 2 turns clockwise from there should get you focused on distant objects.  It has 2 or 3 more turns to go at that point before it hits bottom and if you go into that range you will just be more out of focus.

Another thing, is the pin actually lost or is it just pushed up inside the shroud?
I am not opposed to exercise, unless it is an exercise in futility.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 04:39:26 pm »
LOL, yes i found your picture and this forums when i searched on how to teardown the seek thermal compact.

Anyway i found temporary solution until i found the plastic blocking pin, i put small wooden tooth brushing inside the small hole and i fix the problem and i can make focus without problems.

Another thing, is the pin actually lost or is it just pushed up inside the shroud?

OMG i think you are right, i hear a crackle in the box so yes it pushed up inside the shroud, but how i can give it back xD.

Thanks

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 09:03:42 pm »
If you screw the shroud counterclockwise to the point that the lens is pushing against the top of the shroud you can more easily slip tweezers between the bottom of the shroud and the camera lid to pry out the little tabs that hold the shroud to the bayonet mount & pop the shroud off.  OR if you have the lid off the camera you could screw the bayonet mount off the lid & then you could easily get at those tabs & pry the shroud off.  You would still have to figure out how to get the lens at the right point on the threads and put the shroud back on in the right orientation to get your desired focal range with the blocking pin in place.
I am not opposed to exercise, unless it is an exercise in futility.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 05:18:34 am »
Many thanks for you  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf